mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Twilight Zone is dead.

Don't know how many of you ride this trail, but I haven't ridin it since our big monsoon season was upon us and we had all that rain. I rode it this past sunday morning and the horse trail out until you hit the back side of the mountain is fairly untouched, but once you get behind the mountain, its just gone. I would say about 75-80% of the trail is just un-rideable. The rain has just cut massive ruts into the trail system, massive river banks have cut through the trail on multiple points, so bad to where I couldn't even find where the trail would pick up, and would spend 15min trying to find it again....it's a really sad sight as I really loved this trail. We dont really have a ton of trails in vegas, and its was really sad to see what had happened to this trail...Damn you mother nature! This trail needs some serious work....i rode cottonwood and other trails after bad rains have come and the damage was bad, but always repairable, but twilight....wow its just destroyed.

\m/ \m/
    I was up there on Sunday as well. I got stuck bombing down one of the sections with deep ruts and ended up crashing onto the right side of my face.....
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    I rode a couple months ago after the first set of heavy rains, and it was pretty messed up. I don't even want to see what it looks like now...

Proud American
    SNMBA is working closely with the BLM and Great Basin Institute to develop a plan to rehab (reroute and fix) Twilight. It won't happen over night, but plans are being developed. Please join SNMBA so we can continue to grow our influence. It's all about the numbers. The more members... the more influence. www.facebook.com/SNMBA. Go to tab and click 'sign up'

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I would consider joining, but since you associate with the Great Basin Institute I will not even come close to considering. They are a joke.

Viva la Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cool View Post
    I would consider joining, but since you associate with the Great Basin Institute I will not even come close to considering. They are a joke.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

:\ ping of death
    Twilight is the closest trail to me, I'll try to make it out there on Sunday is it isn't too ball shrinking cold...

The north side has always been severely underdeveloped, maybe now is our chance to expand it some more. The north side being north of the parking lot.
    What the hell is an aluminum falcon?

Big B's Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by phoeneous View Post
    Twilight is the closest trail to me, I'll try to make it out there on Sunday is it isn't too ball shrinking cold...

The north side has always been severely underdeveloped, maybe now is our chance to expand it some more. The north side being north of the parking lot.
    ?!? The whole trail system is north of the parking lot?!?
    I dig dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    ?!? The whole trail system is north of the parking lot?!?
    Not the whole trail system but about 6 years ago I rode several sections on the north side. It wasnt pretty, very washed out and rocky but there was single track there for sure.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I rode this trail almost every day (or night) prior to this last flood. It's relatively close to my house and has beautiful terrain. Last year at around the same time it flooded, but not as bad as this year. Last year somebody fixed it. They did an excellent job. It will take a major effort to repair it this year though. An unforturnate thing about this trail is that when it floods the trails themselves become flood channels, and the trails are so narrow, you end up riding in a continuous ditch after a flood. Other, wider trails, that can still be considered single track often have a visible flood channel in them, but you can usually ride next to it. Anyway, I really miss the trail. I've been going to Bear's Best instead, which is also very nice, but I hope one day to go back to twilight. Thanks to whomever fixed it last year!!!!

Proud American
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cool View Post
    GC... Let me get this straight... you would like to ride Twilight... which is destroyed from monsoons.... Great Basin has funding to rehab trails.... which they are generously considering putting towards Twilight's rehab... you consider them 'a joke'.... and therefore would not join SNMBA.... who would advise from an MTB perspective the rehab of Twilight.... so you can then ride it... without putting any effort or money into it? Hmmm. Makes sense to me.

Anyone ride twilight lately?

mtbr member
    Yes. Trails aren't perfect, but definitely rideable, and enjoyable. They are much better than they were last time I rode out there, which was almost a year ago.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Agreed....the area that's kind of a mess is on the backside just after the good rockier section above the spring and horse corral. Once you got off of hat section and start heading down and east towards the saddle the trail can get a little faint and confusing. That part was washed out pretty good and now there are a lot of burro trails going every which way that can make it a little confusing. The rest of the trail is still there. We did a group night ride there last Wednesday and made the loop fine. Personally i like riding it as an out an back and bypassing the washed section on the backside. I like those sections of tail better anyway. The descent to the saddle andthe grind back up aren't that fun IMO.

mtbr member
    I've never ridden it as an out and back, but I agree, the grind out once you get on the front side is not that fun. I however do enjoy the descent on the back side.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk