Thread: Twilight

mtbr member

Twilight

I was out at Twilight sat and the trail gnomes have been there too!

They fixed all the major wash-outs in the middle section,but there is plenty of stuff that still needs some lovin'.

If you get a rake and cut the handle down to about 4', and use 2 bungee cords to strap it to your pack, it travels nicely....................just sayin

Jacques-Pierre-Sebastien
    Will be there in the morning with my rake!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've heard about the only thing needing groomed is the East side of the loop.
    Haven't seen the "Spur" out to the second spring so I can't speak of that.

mtbr member
    I like the new section coming into badger pass. Nice. Also the section on the bottom of rhino is pretty cool too.

It's like a new trail system!
    Beefcake. BEEFCAKE.

Jacques-Pierre-Sebastien
    I had a GREAT ride!!! Sure the trails have taken a beating with the last storm which makes downhill more technical, ie: bunny hop the rock that did not use to be there!
    Also, going up in loose dirt will work your legs nicely
    I put in about an hour raking the trail up to the second spring, hope you enjoy!
    I noticed a couple jumps were just built on the west trail, for those riding counter clockwise, be ready!
    East trails do need some love, let's all pitch in.
    Final words: TWILIGHT STILL ROCKS!

mtbr member
    Is this the trail called "Twilight Zone" (listed in Garmin Connect web site) which starts at mile marker 12 of highway 157 (Kyle Canyon Road, the road to Mt. Charleston) at the NorthWest side of Las Vegas?? What trail are you guys calling Twilight?

thanks, zip.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Zipzit
    Correct. Twilight Zone located on Kyle Canyon road.
    The others are referring to the one out at Cottonwood.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just moved to twon and this was my first ride. Was going good til it began following a wash and there seemed to be singletrack next to the wash (usually is singletrack next to the wash) and it seemed to fade. I turned back. looked like it would be a great trail, I just need to follow a map?

Proud American
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    I just moved to twon and this was my first ride. Was going good til it began following a wash and there seemed to be singletrack next to the wash (usually is singletrack next to the wash) and it seemed to fade. I turned back. looked like it would be a great trail, I just need to follow a map?
    Sounds like you went off trail. You might have headed up towards the upper spring. In any case its always nice to find someone familiar with the trails when its your first time. But, im sure you knew that. Twilights a good one too.

Welcome to town. Sign up with SNMBA (southern nevada mountain bike association). SNMBA.org

There's also a meeting Wednesday evening at the REI at Green Valley Ranch.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the info. That by far the closest trail to my house. I was leaning toward Henderson or summerlin, just to be close to trails but we found a deal we couldn't pass up near Tule Springs. Didn't realize I moved away from the trails! I should get out and help the gnomes

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I did the same thing my first ride out there. The second time I went with someone familiar with the trails and it was amazing, once you get on the backside of that mountain it just gets fast and fun. I was actually thinking of taking a solo ride out there tomorrow morning 730ish if your interested.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    QUOTE=friedhouse;9899706]I did the same thing my first ride out there. The second time I went with someone familiar with the trails and it was amazing, once you get on the backside of that mountain it just gets fast and fun. I was actually thinking of taking a solo ride out there tomorrow morning 730ish if your interested.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that but won't be back til wednesday

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So, are twighlight and bears best the closest to the NW valley?

mtbr member
    Yes they are. If you take the 215 west/south and get off @ Town Ctr should be about the same as going to Twilight from Tule Springs. Under 20 mins.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    So, are twighlight and bears best the closest to the NW valley?
    Don't forget all of the Mt Charleston trails (tin can alley, robbers roost area) just a couple of minutes up the road from twilight. Lots of people ride downhill bikes on them but that is over kill. Trails can be climbed or shuttled. A good trail bike will do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcall8 View Post
    Don't forget all of the Mt Charleston trails (tin can alley, robbers roost area) just a couple of minutes up the road from twilight. Lots of people ride downhill bikes on them but that is over kill. Trails can be climbed or shuttled. A good trail bike will do.
    I ride tin can alley with a steel SS and front suspension all the time. Trails definitely don't require a downhill bike or even a full suspension. Climbing it is pretty hard.
    Beefcake. BEEFCAKE.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Climbing it is pretty hard.
    It's ONLY 2200' in just under 6 miles..........like 2hrs up 30 mins down

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney MTB View Post
    Correct. Twilight Zone located on Kyle Canyon road.
    The others are referring to the one out at Cottonwood.
    Huh? I know where "Twilight Zone" trail is ( trail head = google maps, then paste location 36.279768,-115.45639 into the search box, zoom in all the way in satellite view..)

What I want to know is where is the trail the guys above are calling "Twilight"? Are they talking about the "late night trail"?

Note: trail head locations for the cottonwood area:
    --the Late Night Trailhead (N36.01020 W115.43162 )
    --the Cottonwood Valley Trailhead (N35.99736 W115.44653 )
    --the Red Valley Trailhead (N35.98908 W115.44331 )

Many thanks ,
    zip

mtbr member
    Twilight Zone &Twilight are one in the same. Located at mile marker 12 on SR 157( kyle canyon rd ).

The other trails and reroutes refered to are on the south side of SR 160( Blue Diamond Hwy ). Accessed from the Late Nite Trailhead.

I don't know the Lat/Long for anything.

Our trails are not marked worth a sh!t! But there is some help coming on that front. Hopefully 1st part of the new year.

If this doesn't clear things up, PM me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    It's ONLY 2200' in just under 6 miles..........like 2hrs up 30 mins down
    Yep, only made that mistake once! Took like 3 hours up and like 25 minutes back down. But if it can be done by my fat ass (with lots of walking) then surely it can be done by the lycra crowd. The bottom part to the rocky ridge actually isn't that bad, its the next 3 miles of steady 7-11% grade through the trees that kill ya.

Jacques-Pierre-Sebastien
    Had a great ride this morning!! Trail is getting better since the rain as we ride more and more. This time of the year at Twilight rocks, the wildlife comes down the mountain: spotted a hawk and a bunch of wild burros! Am off this week, riding daily, anyone interested in morning rides (7.30am) PM me.

mtbr member
    Here kitty...kitty

See if you can get me a pic of him

And here is where to look

Jacques-Pierre-Sebastien
    Planning a ride tomorrow to the spring.
    No pictures from me if I meet the lion!!! Most likely a speed record getting back to my car if we meet though!!!
    My last picture here in case I end up as lunch!!!!

Last edited by Seb89135; 01-02-2013 at 06:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb89135 View Post
    My last picture here in case I end up as lunch !!!
    Maybe breakfast or dinner

It's only a Bobcat........you could whoop him