mtbr member

Tahoe-Pyramid bikeway

I rode the new section today heading west from verdi (actually started @ crystal peak park) along the truckee which had short sections of climbs but nothing too difficult for the avg enthusiast. Just another piece of the puzzle that will culminate into an awesome ride once finished.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    I like to type in bold too.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

weirdo
    They got permision to open a section from Verdi west? You`re kidding !?! How far? Off right now to check their website!

Edit:
    Looks like about a mile past the state line. Another five miles and it`ll be clear of the worst section (shoulderless) of I-80, opening actual bikeability from Hirschdale through Veri. As it stands now, were you able to cross the bridge to the freeway side of the river, or did you have to stop on the locked in side?
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    not kidding as i rode it. From the parking area @ the end of Quilici ranch road the trail continues only 3.5mi to the new Fleish bridge that crosses truckee. Between TPB & TMWA the trail/road was opened june 2nd to hikers/bikers and no i didn't try to cross over to I80 side.

The next section to Floriston by the end of 2014 if the fed grant is obtained shortly.

Verdi Upstream | Tahoe Pyramid Bikeway

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    The next section to Floriston by the end of 2014 if the fed grant is obtained shortly.
    I don`t see anything on their website about projected opening to Floriston, but that would make the whole Tahoe City to Nixon route rideable (barely). I ride the interstate east of town in low traffic conditions, but won`t try the Hirschdale-Verdi stretch.

Well, I hope I get a chance to check out that Fleish section soon. The bridge looks cool. Maybe this weekend I`ll go try it and see if it`s Big Apple friendly. Seems like fat slicks would be the best bet for eventually dealing with the whole length of the route. There`s no way I`d want to ride all the paved parts on knobbies, and I think anything less than two inches would lead to a lot of HAB on the reservation. Phatty, would you be interrested in a one way trip when that Floriston connection opens? TPBW when possible, roads where the bikeway doesn`t go?
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    I don`t see anything on their website about projected opening to Floriston, but that would make the whole Tahoe City to Nixon route rideable (barely). I ride the interstate east of town in low traffic conditions, but won`t try the Hirschdale-Verdi stretch.

Well, I hope I get a chance to check out that Fleish section soon. The bridge looks cool. Maybe this weekend I`ll go try it and see if it`s Big Apple friendly. Seems like fat slicks would be the best bet for eventually dealing with the whole length of the route. There`s no way I`d want to ride all the paved parts on knobbies, and I think anything less than two inches would lead to a lot of HAB on the reservation. Phatty, would you be interested in a one way trip when that Floriston connection opens? TPBW when possible, roads where the bikeway doesn`t go?
    If your able to obtain the 'sierra outdoors' section of the RGJ from Thur 6/13 its the entire page dedicated to it with numerous details of whats to come. And yes i would and could care less if parts are paved as i like to ride especially knowing what lies ahead.