mtbr member
    Mar 2011

SNMBA Meeting 6/13 - Things Discussed

For those of you that didn't make the meeting last night you missed out. Here are some things that were talked about.

• Every Kid a Bike non-profit filled us in on what their organization does. It was also mentioned there is the potential for the ski resort to host local races this summer. Info can be found at the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/MountCharlestonHillClimb

• An indoor mountain bike park called The Hub is being planned. The organizers’ are waiting on a final location to be determined. Once this happens there is an estimated 90 day lead time to get the jumps, berms, and features in place.

• SNMBA is making strides with BLM and there may be some trail maintenance projects in the cottonwood area this fall, stay posted. Hopefully this leads to the possibility of building new trails as well.

• SNMBA plans on working on their website to possibly include forums and other things like trail maps.

Over all it seems like some good things are happing for MTB in Las Vegas. It would be great to see more people come out to the meetings each month. Meetings are open to everyone.

If you’re not a member you can check out the website at SNMBA | Southern Nevada Mountain Bike Association | SNMBA. Becoming a member is easy, not too expensive, you will instantly be a little cooler and have more friends, you will be helping to further MTB projects and goals in Las Vegas, your ride times will improve, you will jump higher, rail corners faster and you also become an IMBA member at no additional cost (includes additional benefits).

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Yup, that pretty-well sums it up...!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for the meeting. Any interest in riding the race route on Friday?

mtbr member
    Are we talking about the one on the mt?
    What time friday?

Interest peeked :thumbup:

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by iair View Post
    Thanks for the meeting. Any interest in riding the race route on Friday?
    Its pretty much just the bristlecone loop from the looks of it..but I'm up for it. What time on friday were you thinking?

....kenny, you want to ride some trees on friday

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am thinking early Friday morning as I have to be back in Vegas by noon. I suppose Saturday morning would work too. Just have to be slow due to hikers.

mtbr member
    Fridays out for me......but tues around 5 I'll be at the lower trailhead.

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by iair View Post
    I am thinking early Friday morning as I have to be back in Vegas by noon. I suppose Saturday morning would work too. Just have to be slow due to hikers.
    What time is early morning? I get back in town thursday at midnight. Are we just planning on doing the potential race loop? That won't take too long.let me know...I sent you a PM

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I can't yet replay to PM. We are changing our plans from early morning to not so early morning. We plan on hitting the bristlecone fire road at 8:00.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Cool, ill be at the lower bristlecone trailhead at 8