Proud American

SNMBA is Hosting a Legal Coyote Springs Ride this Sunday

If you are interested in riding the professionally designed and built Coyote Springs Mountain Bike Park this Sunday morning, please go to www.facebook.com/SNMBA. Like the page and look for the event on the top. Let us know if you are 'going', 'maybe' or 'not going'. We'll be meeting at the Loves Truck Stop (with the Godfather Pizza and Subway) at the intersection of the 15 & 93 (Exit 64, about 20 miles north of Las Vegas past the racetrack and Apex). We need to know if you are coming so a legal waiver is available for you. No one will be allowed in without one. In addition, we will have hot dogs and drinks. Maps of the trail system will be provided and, hopefully, different 'speed' groups to choose from.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I can't be there, but do it on Saturday next time and I'll be there for sure.

Proud American
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
    I can't be there, but do it on Saturday next time and I'll be there for sure.
    The plan is for monthly rides, alternating Saturdays and Sundays. Hope to see you next time. If you haven't already, go to our FB page and let us know you intend to go next time.

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Good group of riders out there

Matt

I should be out riding....

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Great ride. Thanks to everyone who put it together.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Give us more of a trail report. How were they?? More pics??

Proud American
    Give us more of a trail report. How were they?? More pics??
    Bone Saw.. there are pictures floating around. A bunch are on the Facebook page. We're having another ride at Coyote on Jan. 19th, as a prelude to a weekend with the IMBA trail care crew coming out to give a workshop. We'll be sure to post it on this thread and the FB page.

mtbr member
    More pics??
    Here's some from Sunday's and a previous ride out there Coyote Springs Photos by knoobinlv | Photobucket

Jacques-Pierre-Sebastien
    Coyote Springs was a BLAST!!!!

I would guess there are about 10-12 different trails to choose from. Per Vegas standards: a combo of Bootleg, Bear's Best and Cottonwood, system offers around 40 miles of easy, intermediate and difficult sections. I have nothing but praise for the trail system and builders. We broke up into three groups from good to slow which made it fun for all (some even raced for a bit).

Some of the super tight switchbacks going up threw me for a loop as we only have a few of these in Vegas, had to gather lots of speed to clear each one. Other rocky tech sections had me downshift more than ever! (Have been stuck riding 32x16 for a few month, CS would not let me have it, granny gear here I come!) Some of my favorite spots: riding in the narrow canyons (handlebars almost touching on each side), riding down the man-made stairs (a series of steps that will get you down a super narrow rock canyon, which I rode without a foot down, riding up the switchbacks... The trails are equally as fun with full suspension or hard tail bikes.
    The views from the trails are quite amazing, 360 degrees without any towns in sight, we stopped a few times to refuel but were too energized to take pictures. There are a few spots where we rode alongside small cliffs, no way I would have lost momentum to snatch a pic there!!
    The course is private, therefore you can not just show up and ride there, props to SNMBA for getting us there (with a signed waiver), even had gatorade and pepsi (for me!) to enjoy during breaks.

We spent around 3 hours there and would have kept going but the sun was coming down and temperatures dropped quickly.

If you feel bored with your current trails and need a refresher, sign up for the next ride (January 19th), I will be there for sure!!!!!!! Am training already so I can stay in the lead this time!!!! JK! I highly recommend that you join us, you will have a great time!!!

Thanks to the SNMBA organizers for getting us there, getting us pumped up and mostly for showing us the best lines!!
    Last edited by Seb89135; 01-07-2013 at 08:01 PM.

mtbr member
    I am hoping to go with my son. Im in Vegas, just looking for a ride from vegas to there.

Proud American
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJITSU View Post
    I am hoping to go with my son. Im in Vegas, just looking for a ride from vegas to there.
    Joe... Were you able to secure a ride yet? Also, this is the tread from the previous Coyote ride. Make sure you know it's Saturday (tomorrow) and not Sunday. All the details, as you're aware is at www.facebook.com/SNMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejudad View Post
    Joe... Were you able to secure a ride yet? Also, this is the tread from the previous Coyote ride. Make sure you know it's Saturday (tomorrow) and not Sunday. All the details, as you're aware is at www.facebook.com/SNMBA
    Thank you. Yea I definitely know its tomorrow, I guess I brought up an old thread. Sorry bout that. I did try to post on Facebook and only noticed 1 person from Summerlin that has room for 1.i am hoping someone will reply there by tonight.