Thread: Riding Friday

member: kv dirt daddies

Riding Friday

My family and I are going out to Vegas Thursday (May 18) night and I am going to bring my bike. I can get away to ride on Friday and I am going to try the cowboy trails. I am wonding how hot it is getting out there. How early should I get going in order to have fun and not wilt? Is anyone riding there on Friday that would not mind a tag along? Thank you in advance for any advice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsh
    Is anyone riding there on Friday that would not mind a tag along? Thank you in advance for any advice.
    If you get on the trail by 7:00am you should be ok as far as the heat this time of year.... but no guarantees.

I'll be riding cottonwood Friday night around 5-5:30pm, then Cowbow trails Saturday morning early. Ready to hit the trail by 6:00am. You're welcome to join me either day.

desert dweller
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    If you get on the trail by 7:00am you should be ok as far as the heat this time of year.... but no guarantees.

I'll be riding cottonwood Friday night around 5-5:30pm, then Cowbow trails Saturday morning early. Ready to hit the trail by 6:00am. You're welcome to join me either day.

I'm in. My mountain bike thinks I've abondoned her! How long are you riding Friday night (do I need to bring me lights)?

matt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbikeboy
    I'm in. My mountain bike thinks I've abondoned her! How long are you riding Friday night (do I need to bring me lights)?

matt
    Cool. Should be done by 8:00 I would think (Still lightish then?)..... but you never know where those Cottonwood demons will take you.

desert dweller
    Latenight Trailhead at 5:00pm then. We'll head out around 5:30-5:45?

matt

Krob and Mattbikeboy

I am currently trying to renegotiate my riding deal with my wife so I can go with you guys. Are you going to camp out there Friday night or do you drive back into town? We are staying at the Rio. Do you know how long of a drive it is from there to Cottonwood or Cowboy Trails? Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsh
    I am currently trying to renegotiate my riding deal with my wife so I can go with you guys. Are you going to camp out there Friday night or do you drive back into town? We are staying at the Rio. Do you know how long of a drive it is from there to Cottonwood or Cowboy Trails? Thanks
    No camping. Matt lives in Vegas and I have a hotel twenty minutes away I'll be going to. From the Late night trail head at Cottonwood it's probably 30-35 minutes back to the Rio depending on traffic. Let me know if it works out with the wife and we'll get you some directions.

E !

Hi guys!

You know it will be 105 degrees at 5 pm right?
    KROB i'll probably ride with you saturday morning at cowboy. 6AM, you know my saying though, if i,m not ready to ride at the trail by then don't wait for my lazy AZZ!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by E !
    You know it will be 105 degrees at 5 pm right?
    Weather.com says no. I'm guessing it will "only" be 90 or so up at Cottonwood.... and it should cool off fast once the sun sets.... right? You saying you'll come if we leave later?

Quote Originally Posted by E!
    KROB i'll probably ride with you saturday morning at cowboy. 6AM, you know my saying though, if i,m not ready to ride at the trail by then don't wait for my lazy AZZ!
    Cool. Anyone else up for an early ride Saturday? Should only be in the seventies then.

I'm in

I will be there on Friday evening and Saturday morning. This will be way better than riding by myself. I will be driving a gray Honda Civic and I ride a black Gemini. Thanks again for the invite.

Just Joshin' ya!
    I'm in for Saturday morning. See you all at the Cowboy Trails. YEEHAW!
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

E !

lame

I think i'll have to work saturday now. If i can make it, i might see you friday???
    Not sure.

Just Joshin' ya!
    I think i'll have to work saturday now. If i can make it, i might see you friday???
    Not sure.
    Two Saturdays in a row? Your superiors are evil!
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

mtbr member
    Not sure.
    So? I have to work Saturday too.

mtbr member
    Good. So it looks like I'll have some company.

Looks like matt, jfsh, myself, and maybe E! at Late night trail head at 5:30 or so Friday afternoon. Just head south on I-15 from the Rio and exit on Blue Diamond then turn right and drive 16 miles on SR159. You'll see a dirt road turn off with a cattle guard just after you pass a storm culvert and a dirt parking area maybe 100 yds off the hwy.

Saturday it looks like NMPhi767, jfsh, and myself at the Cowboy trails ready to ride at 6:00am. Not sure the fastest way there from the RIO but I'd prolly go north on I-15, north on US95 towards Reno, exit on Summerlin Parkway... go west to it's end. Turn left on 215 then right on Charleston (Or you can exit on west Charleston just off the I-15... but it's aways up there with lights. Shouldn't be too bad early saturday morning though). About a mile into the Red Rock CAnyon Rec area, just past the turn off for the visitors center... look for the huge "Horseback Rides" sign on the left. That's the parking area.

I'm in a Green Ford Freestyle.

See you there.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Good. So it looks like I'll have some company.

Looks like matt, jfsh, myself, and maybe E! at Late night trail head at 5:30 or so Friday afternoon. Just head south on I-15 from the Rio and exit on Blue Diamond then turn right and drive 16 miles on SR159. You'll see a dirt road turn off with a cattle guard just after you pass a storm culvert and a dirt parking area maybe 100 yds off the hwy.

Saturday it looks like NMPhi767, jfsh, and myself at the Cowboy trails ready to ride at 6:00am. Not sure the fastest way there from the RIO but I'd prolly go north on I-15, north on US95 towards Reno, exit on Summerlin Parkway... go west to it's end. Turn left on 215 then right on Charleston (Or you can exit on west Charleston just off the I-15... but it's aways up there with lights. Shouldn't be too bad early saturday morning though). About a mile into the Red Rock CAnyon Rec area, just past the turn off for the visitors center... look for the huge "Horseback Rides" sign on the left. That's the parking area.

I'm in a Green Ford Freestyle.

See you there.
    Hey KRob, for the Friday ride, the latenight trailhead is off of SR 160. Here is the map for jsfh.

Las Vegas Area Rides and map to Trails

Young, Shawn Young
    I'll be out on the trail but a bit earlier. Maybe I'll run into you guys. I rode a few days ago and almost hurled on the trail. Im not sure why as I hadnt eaten anything that morning. Maybe I just wasnt feeling good and didnt realize it. I guess the Cowboy Trails is a good test to make sure Im okay

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

E !

uh yah but...

So? I have to work Saturday too.
    I have to be in at 8 o'clock. that's ok. i'm riding to work,gotta get SOME miles in.

Members who have read this thread: 0