reno/sparks metro area

Printable View

• 11-06-2012
    nvphatty
    reno/sparks metro area
    I know your out there seeking a ride partner on occassion just as I am. This time of year the season change with vibrant colors is spectacular however with my schedule wed/thur are my best days for a jaunt but shorter rides can be had on other days if your inclined.

Holla if interested.
  • 11-27-2012
    gregnash
    Send Jon (Magnum357) a PM and see if he responds. I know he is in sparks but think he works in Reno so would be up for a ride (last I knew he was training for next years Death Ride).
  • 11-28-2012
    rodar y rodar
    Haha! I think our vibrant colors just blew away last week! Phatty, from what you wrote in another thread, I have the impression that you`re serious about the fat biking thing. Do you ride skinny also? Personally, I hate sand and mud, but I`m only 45 minutes of (hard-surface) pedalling from you, and do occasionally ride midweek mornings or evenings.
  • 11-30-2012
    nvphatty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Haha! I think our vibrant colors just blew away last week! Phatty, from what you wrote in another thread, I have the impression that you`re serious about the fat biking thing. Do you ride skinny also? Personally, I hate sand and mud, but I`m only 45 minutes of (hard-surface) pedalling from you, and do occasionally ride midweek mornings or evenings.

lol yup fat is the way, well because it's the latest ride in the quiver and yes i also have a full suss mtb and very skinny roadie so a diverse small collection of toys.
  • 12-01-2012
    Bro
    I'm Reno as well! I think I've just about put the mountain bikes away for the winter, but I'd always be down for a road ride somewhere as long as the weather isn't too shitty. :thumbsup:

*Except for the next few weeks, because my immune system kinda hates me. :p
  • 12-02-2012
    nvphatty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    I'm Reno as well! I think I've just about put the mountain bikes away for the winter, but I'd always be down for a road ride somewhere as long as the weather isn't too shitty. :thumbsup:

*Except for the next few weeks, because my immune system kinda hates me. :p

heck thats when MTB gets good........well if you have a FAT bike that is..;)
  • 12-02-2012
    Bro
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    heck thats when MTB gets good........well if you have a FAT bike that is..;)

I've got a 2.35" tire on the front of my hardtail... That's fat, right?

:D
  • 12-02-2012
    nvphatty
    Quote:

I've got a 2.35" tire on the front of my hardtail... That's fat, right?

:D

of sorts yes but then skinny compared to 4.0's :D
  • 12-02-2012
    rodar y rodar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    of sorts yes but then skinny compared to 4.0's :D

Hmmm.... where do my 20 X 2.0 Big Apples fall in the fat heirarchy? I hope they rate for something because my "skinnies" don`t really qualify as official skinnies at 32mm!

Erik, your profile says "Bay Area". Did you recently move up from there?
  • 12-02-2012
    Bro
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Erik, your profile says "Bay Area". Did you recently move up from there?

Kinda, yeah. I go to school at UNR so I kinda split my time between here and there. Here for the school year, there during summer.
  • 12-03-2012
    nvphatty
    Quote:

Kinda, yeah. I go to school at UNR so I kinda split my time between here and there. Here for the school year, there during summer.

i left san jose in 1980 for NV and only went back to collect my belongings. It suits my activities etc just fine.
  • 12-03-2012
    rodar y rodar
    I was born in Redwood City, but have been in Reno since kindergarten, so I consider myself a naturalized Nevadan.