Don't Tread on Me

We the people ... Reno Carson Trail Report Please

Thinking Peavine or Centennial. Any reports?
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

mtbr member
    anyone?

mtbr member

Reno Carson Trail Report Please

Going to Peavine today. I'll let you know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm riding ash canyon and c.hill tomorrow. I will post picture or info.
    The official beer drinker & bike rider @ BRB

mtbr member

Reno Carson Trail Report Please

Peavine was dry in the sun, but muddy in the low areas. On the North side of the hill you were riding on packed snow. Did it on a Fat bike so no issue. Rideable on std Mtn bike as many did.

Don't Tread on Me
    Thanks. Peavine is famous for mud that acts like glue. It might be a good idea to ride early in the morning when the ground is still frozen.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Cow canyon is good....
    Centennial is good......
    C-hill is no go.
    Kings Canyon is no go.
    Ash Canyon is no go.
    The official beer drinker & bike rider @ BRB

Don't Tread on Me
    Thanks for the comprehensive report. I'll be hitting Centennial on New Years Day! I am sick of road rides.

Don't Tread on Me
    Centennial was awesome, a few snow patches just to make things interesting. There were a bunch of people enjoying the day.
    Last edited by Lopaka; 01-01-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: puntuation

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    How is Peavine/Halo trail-is it gooey mud or rideable?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Dogs Bike and Ski View Post
    How is Peavine/Halo trail-is it gooey mud or rideable?
    Peavine is in great condition. The last few storms have had super high snow levels and have only delivered rain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Riding conditions were great. just a bit of mud at a few low lying spots, otherwise the conditions were dry almost summer like. Rode up Evans Canyon to the highest Halo Connector to the North and finished back at Rancho San Rafael Park. Lost of new sections of trail up there, very nice.

mtbr member
    good to hear, heading up there to ride in an hour or so. love me some Peavine in the Springtime!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Sampled it again today. Lots of great work by the Poedunks on Bacon Strip and a bunch of new trail.

Don't Tread on Me

Thread Bump for 2015 Winter Trail Reports

Hello fellow Reno Area MTB friends

With the first snowfall less than a week behind us I thought I would resurrect the trail report thread for 2015/2016. Feel free to post trail reports for the Reno, Carson area.

We gambled on Peavine which can be muddy after a storm, but Peavine was awesome today. Hero dirt every direction with lots of traffic. No problems with mud at all.

JB
    North facing/shaded trails had some mud, but as Peavine goes, not too bad. That may change starting tomorrow afternoon.

Don't Tread on Me
    This week we gambled on Centennial and we were not disappointed. Hero dirt everywhere.
    Storm rumored for Sunday but for now Centennial is awesome.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Gonna guess that with this system, all is snowy and goopy? Any where I can ride a non fatty?

Don't Tread on Me
    Centennial is in great shape with no snow and minimal mud.

Lower Whites Creek is too icy in the morning and muddy and wet in the afternoon. I'd avoid right now

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Bump for a report on Peavine please.

I will be there next week for a few days and will be close to the trail system.

I have no idea if it's rideable this time of year.
    --------------------------
    Rokworth.com
    MTB Reviews & Tests - for the love of writing and riding

Don't Tread on Me
    I'd would try early in the day. If the ground is frozen, you will avoid the mud.

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    We are loaded up and heading to Reno tomorrow through Sunday or Monday.

I will be within ride-from-the-house distance to Peavine - is it snow-covered? Rideable? Waste of time bringing my bike? I'll have plenty of time to ride....

We have a ton of snow (SLC) but no idea what your coverage has been like.

Don't Tread on Me
    It will be cold and new snow is expected on Christmas eve.

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Rode from Keystone East this afternoon. I'm surprised the trail wasn't more broke-in with fatbikes.

I was able to ride from the trailhead to the radio towers and up stage coach until the steep road climb. Doubled-back and hit Total Recall and back.

I was even breaking trail toward the back. If some fatbikes would get out there more (and explore further), I feel like you could ride almost anywhere out there.

Reno Carson Trail Report Please-imageuploadedbytapatalk1451180501.108436.jpg
    --------------------------
    Rokworth.com
    MTB Reviews & Tests - for the love of writing and riding

weirdo
    ^^Sunshine on snow, nice
    Not a lot of fat bikes in this area.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Bump.
    Who's got an update?
    Been dry for over a week and mid 60s in the forecast?
    Anyone been up Keystone or higher on a non-fat bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Bump.
    Who's got an update?
    Been dry for over a week and mid 60s in the forecast?
    Anyone been up Keystone or higher on a non-fat bike?
    I took the dog to Whites Creek from Timberline on Sunday for a walk and it's covered in snow. Somebody has been riding a fatbike out there. If you're desperate, there is a packed trail from the hikers that you could ride using traditional bike tire.

As for keystone, my guess is the lower parts are doable first thing in the morning before it thaws out. Once the sun hits it, I'm sure it is a mess.

I hear Auburn is in good shape.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I rode Ash Canyon in Carson City yesterday and it was just fine. Some snow and not much mud. Never had to get off the bike. In places where there was snow, it covered only a portion of the singletrack trail so you just had to hold a tighter line in those sections but not bad at all. And I'm not the best rider in the world by any means. I'm sure centennial loop is fine in Carson. I imagine Peavine in Reno is probably ok but muddy/rutted out a bit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I rode Peavine today and it's in great shape all the way to Scrub Brush and Bacon Strip. I didn't go past that on Mahogany. A few puddles on the Snow Terraces and a couple of rideable snow patches in the usual spots. It wasn't even as rutted out as I expected.
    There is a small system moving through on Thursday so things can change.

Don't Tread on Me
    Centennial is snow free right now. We did find plenty of tumble weeds and wild horses. We also found plenty of soft, heaved soil and a little mud here and there. Centennial is always one of the first trails to defrost and overall we had a blast.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Centennial is snow free right now. We did find plenty of tumble weeds and wild horses. We also found plenty of soft, heaved soil and a little mud here and there. Centennial is always one of the first trails to defrost and overall we had a blast.
    Rode Centennial today and it was great. Ride a bit short but good for quick lunchtime rides. We are supposed to get rain/snow tomorrow night but I imagine it will be fine again in a few days once it warms up again.

Short-Change-Hero
    Trails have been pretty good last I heard. Centennial is pretty much dry now with a few spots of slight mud.

Ash Canyon is open for the most part except for Creek Trail and Kings Road climb up to Dog Bowl and the Hot Gates which is muddy or icy in those north facing shaded areas. Wondering what the storm this weekend is going to be like so keep yourselves posted. Trail work is supposed to start pretty soon with the new EPIC RIDE coming in June. No posting of the ride maps yet but I have a feeling the 35-50 milers will be up to the TRT and Flume and then back down through the old Lincoln Highway to the Kings to Ash connector.

mtbr member
    Any update on Peavine conditions? Think it will be dry enough to ride on Friday? Thx

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I rode Saturday and it was bomber. We only got a little precip Monday night so I'm sure Friday will be superb.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjus View Post
    I rode Saturday and it was bomber. We only got a little precip Monday night so I'm sure Friday will be superb.
    Thanks for the fast reply. Hope to get out there Friday. If anybody is heading up Quincy way, the trails are all time right now. Probably hit that Thursday then Peavine Friday.

Thanks again.

Ronski

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by ronski View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply. Hope to get out there Friday. If anybody is heading up Quincy way, the trails are all time right now. Probably hit that Thursday then Peavine Friday.

Thanks again.

Ronski
    Need to find some good trail maps for Quincy as I have never ridden out there.

Short-Change-Hero
    Trails were awesome yesterday in Ash Canyon. Hero dirt just about everywhere and the clouds make for some good, cool riding. Buddy rode Clear Creek that morning and said they were pretty good but definitely starting to get torn up. Said that when he got there the parking area was just about full and people were starting to park on the street. Looks like this may be a new destination for everyone before it gets too hot. Bad part is that once this happens that trail is going to get REAL torn-up.

Looks like we are supposed to get a little bit of wetness this weekend as that should help keep the trails packed down. So get your riding in while you can with these epic temps.

weirdo
    ^^I should have headed your way, Greg. I was out in Lagomarsino Canyon on a non-bicycle activity day and we ran into that sticky damned clay mud that you almost need to pack a pressure washer to deal with, didn`t realize until it was too late.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Rode some over by Ash and Kings on Sunday after the clouds cleared and it was spectacular! The trails won't be this good for the rest of the season, so get out now while you can!

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    ^^I should have headed your way, Greg. I was out in Lagomarsino Canyon on a non-bicycle activity day and we ran into that sticky damned clay mud that you almost need to pack a pressure washer to deal with, didn`t realize until it was too late.
    Dude yeah definitely! I was out there a couple weeks ago to the Petroglyph site with my Land Cruiser club... Ended up dubbing it the Bad Karma Run as we had MULTIPLE breaks.

weirdo
    ^^Our intentions were to try finding the glyphs, neither of us had ever been before. Same now because we didn`t even get two miles up from Lockwood

One of these days...
    Recalculating....

Short-Change-Hero
    LOL well that is understandable as there are TONS of trails out there that can get confusing. Easiest way is to take Lousetown Rd from the Virginia City side and make the short few mile trek.

Short-Change-Hero
    Rode Clear Creek trail on Saturday and while the trail will still nice it is definitely starting to get chewed up. LOTS of bikers and hikers on the trail so if you are there be careful of blind corners. Actually had multiple areas where I went around a corner a bit wide and the rear tire drifted and/or slipped out because of how loose it was. Definitely going to be one of those trails that is optimal after some weather and the lower half is going to be too dry to ride (from the Jacks Valley side) real quick here.

In coming months, optimal ride may be to ride from the hwy 50 side to the edge of the tree line and then turn around and climb back out. Pumicy gravel on the Jacks Valley side just going to be too loose and too hot real quick here.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Anyone gotta trail report for Peavine the last day or 2, since all the rain last week? I know it's been cold, but looks to be in the 50s tomorrow.
    Thanks.

gone walk about
    Anyone gotta trail report for Peavine the last day or 2, since all the rain last week? I know it's been cold, but looks to be in the 50s tomorrow.
    Thanks.
    i'd say give it a go and let us know..
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I rode Thomas creek today which was prime. Go early when frozen, if possible. Warmer weather was starting to make some muddy parts.
    Parts of Peavine are probably good to go. Watch out for the shaded north sides of ridges, they could be gooey.

Short-Change-Hero
    Everything is nasty and rutted right now. Had some friends that went out this week before the storm hit and while you can ride it is all pretty slow going due to the amount of trail damage from run-off and what not.

Don't Tread on Me
    Other than one TBF race in Granite Bay, I've just done road rides and trainer work so far this year.
    I did see quite a few cars parked at the bottom of the Clear Creek Trail last Sunday. I believe the bottom part of Clear Creek would hold up well to bad weather so I may need to try it soon.
    These storms have probably done a tremendous amount of damage to most of our local trails I fear.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've seen a few pictures of Keystone Canyon and Lower Whites Creek. They both have taken a beating. Considering the snow is going to be around for a while, it will be a good year for doing trail work down here in the valleys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short-Change-Hero
    Other than one TBF race in Granite Bay, I've just done road rides and trainer work so far this year.
    I did see quite a few cars parked at the bottom of the Clear Creek Trail last Sunday. I believe the bottom part of Clear Creek would hold up well to bad weather so I may need to try it soon.
    These storms have probably done a tremendous amount of damage to most of our local trails I fear.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Clear Creek. Pretty much up to about the tree line is the best you are going to get I assume. Past that I doubt you will get much further let alone up to the knob.

Keeping an eye on the weather and if next week clears up some I may take the bike to Centennial to see what is going on there. Haven't been on my bike since July and only ridden the commuter a few times off the trainer. Need to get the legs back let alone lose the squishy that has come about since the holidays and what not.

Don't Tread on Me
    Ok, I rode the Clear Creek Trail today. I was able to get up a little over 4 miles. This is about 2/3 of the distance to "The Knob". The trail was mostly snow free until I gave up at a "hike a bike" that looked pretty endless. The trail is awesome, well drained and firm. The creek and road crossings need some work but the trail itself is in great shape.

Kudos to the designer and building crew. In addition, someone has been busy working the lowest part of the trail, hand digging drainage water bars where the trail tread aligns with the fall line. This work has likely contributed to the good health of the trail through these storms.

As anyone who has ridden Clear Creek knows, the lower section gets looser and looser as the weather gets hotter and dryer. So, if you want to try for a PB on the lower segment, "Start to the Boulders", go get some! I was close to a few personal bests, but had to abandon due to hikers. Remember to be a good ambassador for cycling, slow way down and say hello to other trail users. You can try for that PB another day!

mtbr member
    Thanks for that update Lopaka. Never ridden that trail but I've been itching to get out on the bike. May have to give it a go tomorrow. Based off of a short hike with the dogs today, I can't imagine anything in Reno is "rideable."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyMonday View Post
    Thanks for that update Lopaka. Never ridden that trail but I've been itching to get out on the bike. May have to give it a go tomorrow. Based off of a short hike with the dogs today, I can't imagine anything in Reno is "rideable."
    correct not much if anything is. I rode clear creek for the 1st time last summer to the knob, had lunch and returned to my car.

Don't Tread on Me
    The ride to the knob is great and I have done that as an out and back many times. When the snow allows, try pushing past the knob all the way to Spooner Highway and back. There is lots of very good single track with some nice climbs and a very cool creek crossing.

gone walk about
    The ride to the knob is great and I have done that as an out and back many times. When the snow allows, try pushing past the knob all the way to Spooner Highway and back. There is lots of very good single track with some nice climbs and a very cool creek crossing.
    will do.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    will do.
    We're moving to Carson City from the North Cascades where riding fat on snow is the norm for three to four months of the year.

Are these trails (Clear Creek rideable with the right equipment (5" tires), how about one way from Spooner. as a shuttle?

Any snowshoe or XC trails worth riding on Spooner

Do you hit the trails early to take advantage of firm conditions from overnight freezing?

Short-Change-Hero
    @Nurse Ben.... there is LOTS in the area that you can do on a fat bike. Most people will probably stick to the Spooner Lake XC trails, or the other XC trails around NorthStar, Tahoe City and the like. I am sure that you could probably push a few of these trails with a fat bike but really there wont be much action on them so you are looking at doing some of the trailblazing on your own.

Think to remember about Carson, you are 15 minutes from the lake, 2hrs from Sac/Auburn and about 2.5-3hrs from Downieville so if something isn't rideable in Tahoe then you can easily travel to somewhere else for riding. You are going to be located in the hub of things.

Also, if you need a Real Estate Agent let me know. My MIL is the broker/agent for Coldwell Banker here in town and has helped a few of my internet forum friends find homes in the area. If you haven't found something already just be aware that the market is pretty thin in the area. When you come into town hit me up via PM and we can meet up for a beer.

- G

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    @Nurse Ben.... there is LOTS in the area that you can do on a fat bike. Most people will probably stick to the Spooner Lake XC trails, or the other XC trails around NorthStar, Tahoe City and the like. I am sure that you could probably push a few of these trails with a fat bike but really there wont be much action on them so you are looking at doing some of the trailblazing on your own.

Think to remember about Carson, you are 15 minutes from the lake, 2hrs from Sac/Auburn and about 2.5-3hrs from Downieville so if something isn't rideable in Tahoe then you can easily travel to somewhere else for riding. You are going to be located in the hub of things.

Also, if you need a Real Estate Agent let me know. My MIL is the broker/agent for Coldwell Banker here in town and has helped a few of my internet forum friends find homes in the area. If you haven't found something already just be aware that the market is pretty thin in the area. When you come into town hit me up via PM and we can meet up for a beer.

- G
    Thanks for the heads up, I'm looking forward to the move, we've been snowbound for three months, it's old.

I'm hoping to do some trail blazing, maybe get a group going to keep the trails packed. Is anyone grooming for bikes on Spooner?

We actually found a house and are well into the process, closing mid May, moving in late May, base of Prison Hill near Fairview.

Short-Change-Hero
    Ah ok, well congrats!... Pine Nuts can be an awesome area for exploring. Look up BikeCarson.com, Jeff Moser is the main fat bike guy around here and he really is the one the is more the vocal voice of biking. We do have a local MusclePowered group that does lots with the trails and are the ones that are responsible for all the trail maintenance for Ash Canyon. Centennial is actually considered "unsanctioned" trail and is illegal though the BLM/USFS allow us to have it and maintain it somewhat as long as there are no issues.

As towards the trails being maintained, you should look on the TAMBA website to see who does what. There is only a small group of winter riders here in Carson and Moser would be the main person to talk to about that stuff. He actually just put together a ride not long ago where the guys started at Centennial and rode to Virginia City and back. Full days ride but supposed to be fun and good BBQ in VC.

Don't Tread on Me
    Ash Canyon was a winner this morning. We went up Deer Run and Four Day Plus for a decent oab. Too much snow for the loop.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Anyone gotta Peavine report? Drying out or still swampy?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Anyone gotta Peavine report? Drying out or still swampy?
    My guess is it's still a mess, especially above the radio towers. I went down to Auburn to day and it was velcro.

Don't Tread on Me
    Centennial trail is badly eroded in many sections, rideable with a few re-routes. The are only a few small muddy spots.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Last weekend I rode Ash Canyon from the South, the dirt road section is good, on the single track I hit a fair number of snow patches, the snow is very corny and was not compacted by use so I had to hike, made it to the waterfall loop and returned on the double track. It should be melted off entirely on the next couple weeks.

Had nice ride on Prison Hill on Sunday, followed Escape loop counterclockwise to the high point, then peeled off on a sketchy trail that dropped down to Dead Truck, then took the trail back down to the water tower at Koontz. Motos don't appear to be following the rules, saw a couple guys coming over the grate from the non motorized area...

Can't wait to call Carson home. Speaking of which, we're still looking for housing, market is tight, esp if you want a house adjacent to BLM land.

Short-Change-Hero
    Yeah unfortunately the market is pretty limited in carson right now. Especially with it being legislative season a lot of the houses that are "in town" are being rented by companies and lobbyists until about June, then you should see things start popping up again.

Boss told me she and her husband rode Ash on Sunday this weekend and it was in pretty good shape. Rode from the TH up to the top of Creek trail (via V&T, Postal, Baldy, Evidence, etc.) but when they dropped down to the creek to turn and go up the Kings Connector climb they hit snow. Pretty much if anything is north facing it has a decent amount of snow on it still. She said they turned around and rode back the way they came and then peeled off at the Jack Rabbit/VT/Postal interchange and dropped down 7 Steps to VT and back to the TH. Other than one section she said there were a good few work arounds and only a couple of deep ruts but the dirt was pretty well packed.

Thinking if I have time this weekend I may go for a short spin to see how the leg/ankle does.

Short-Change-Hero
    Riding has been pretty good lately. Went out last week and yesterday and did a short loop (Up JackRabbit to fireroad tree, climb fireroad to Creek, descend Creek, then back through mini connector, 7-Step, Vicee to TH) and the dirt is real nice. Potter and crew have been out there a couple days a week AT LEAST doing re-routes, fixing trail damage, etc. to get the trails all nice and purdy.

Talking to him, my brother and a couple others it seems like pretty much everything in Ash aside from the north trails (Cap Auto) is all rideable and has re-routes where needed. Brother rode up the connector this week and got to the overlook at, what I call the Hot Gates, right as you crest from climbing up from the creek (so about 1/2 mile before you hit switchbacks to Dog Bowl) and said everything was good up there. Once he hit there he could see snow on the trail up above him but ran out of time so headed back down.

Definitely be cautious out there as there are some decent new re-routes and the trail crews are doing LOTS of work repairing damage from the winter storms. Curious to see how this weekends storm plays out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I need to check out that pine nuts area that was mentioned. I live in Reno but just got into mountain biking two seasons ago and haven't even scratched the surface of trails out here as I mostly just stick to peavine and galena or shuttle Tyrolian with a friend.

For the guy that asked about peavine though the post was back in February... in case you are still wondering. the west side of Peavine is good. The evans side and the canyon are gone, total recall is too choppy, but the rest is great. Did 14 miles there earlier this week... hit poedunk, snow terrace, crispy bacon, bacon strip, halo, etc.

Hopefully this storm passes quick!

Short-Change-Hero
    Yeah no doubt... Looks like it is supposed to last until Monday, then be good for a few days aand then start up again either Wednesday or Thursday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Biggest Little Trail Stewardship Trailwork Schedule:

Sat, April 15
    9:00am – 12:30pm
    Hoge Road Trailhead,

Thu, April 20
    5:15pm – 7:45pm
    Kings Row Trailhead

Thu, April 27
    5:15pm – 7:45pm
    Kings Row Trailhead

Sat, April 29
    9:00am – 12:30pm
    Hoge Road Trailhead

The reroutes of Keystone were just approved and will start in early May. Exciting times.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Any word on trail building at Prison Hill? Just bought a lot on Gentry, hoping to build this summer, will be very motivated to get involved in trail building in that area

Moving Memorial Weekend...

Short-Change-Hero
    Not that I have heard of.... Join MusclePowered and talk with them to see what is going on. I believe that last that I talked with Potter the trails that were on the map next for improvement were Centennial, Kings to Clear Creek and then more Ash Canyon development north. However, I am trying to recall this from mid-2016 so things more than likely have changed since then. Now that Carson Offroad has taken place and has grown in popularity (and view with winning Best New Trail Series last year at Interbike) the stuff on the Tahoe side will end up getting more development then further east.

And congrats on the land purchase! Here is to getting things up and running quickly, oh and there are TWO, count it TWO, new breweries that will be opening in downtown!!! Fox's BrewPub (previously Firkin N Fox) will be opening their own brewery later this year (planned opening is Dec. 2017 to Feb 2018) and a buyer has purchased the old Lake Tahoe Brewing building and will be opening a new brewery and restaurant there (they are currently looking for a brewery!)!!!

Don't Tread on Me
    Whites Creek, Timberline to a few hundred yards short of the bridge crossing is open and in good shape with just a few small downed trees. It is possible to go further if you want to hike a bike through the snow patches.

Thomas Creek is a different matter. The bottom portion of the trail is inundated by the creek but it is possible to get through. From the first small wooden bridge until a quarter mile past the T (heading up to the pond) is open and in good shape. Higher than that the snow patches are frequent. I'd think a few more weeks of warmer weather will free the loop of snow but the run-off on the Thomas Creek side will be an issue for some time..

Short-Change-Hero
    Been riding Carson most of the week and everything is in great shape. Apparently the trail crews are still working on Ash to Kings connector to clear out the mudslide but from what I have been told by other riders, that is close to the Kings side so you can at least get up to Dog Bowl without issue.

Note: there are some trail changes that have happened due to all the damage this winter. I ran into a new one last night on Creek Trail that almost sent me off the trail, as it was a hard left in what is normally a fast section. The section I am talking about is the small steps that used to be right after the first rock staircase. Those steps were so blown out and destroyed that they completely re-routed towards the creek. I did not pick it up until I was sliding around the corner as the trail seems to be a little off camber in that direction as well.

Just be aware if you havent ridden out there in the last week or so.

Don't Tread on Me
    TRT from the Meadows is good right now. Some mud to traverse in the first mile.