Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109

    Poll: Best Tires for Bootleg

    Just wondering what everyone else is using? Jeff at Bike Stuff hooked me up with his favorite tires- Geax Blade 225 for the front and Geax Sturdy Super Performance 2.1 in the rear. This combo made a HUGE difference!

    Has anyone had good luck with any other tires?

  2. #2
    Young, Shawn Young
    Reputation: Redmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,075
    Those are great tires. I wish I knew a local shop had them. I ordered some Nokian NBX 2.3 which can also hold their own on the rocky stuff

    Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

    Dont make me be the bad guy...

    Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon
    Those are great tires. I wish I knew a local shop had them. I ordered some Nokian NBX 2.3 which can also hold their own on the rocky stuff

    Shawn
    Shawn,

    Bike Suff in Boulder City carries them.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aggro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    213

    Cool-blue Rhythm Wish i knew

    The geax are great tires. I think anything fat IE 2.3's would be goo d set to right PSI. Unfortunatly my frame restricts my tire size. I got maxxis rancho XC 2.0,s. I would think the maxxis freeride/DH tires track just as good.(side note-The maxxis seem to be the best rubber i've used). ps gunga, are you Yem?
    Lefty Lucy / Righty tighty .

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by aggro
    The geax are great tires. I think anything fat IE 2.3's would be goo d set to right PSI. Unfortunatly my frame restricts my tire size. I got maxxis rancho XC 2.0,s. I would think the maxxis freeride/DH tires track just as good.(side note-The maxxis seem to be the best rubber i've used). ps gunga, are you Yem?
    Hey Aggro,

    the wider tires seem to work well and thus far I have liked running the 2.25 in the front and a 2.1 in the back. It tracks really well- BMX concept.

    I am probably not YEM because I don't know what that is. Is it short for Yemeni? Let me know.

    Thanks

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aggro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    213

    musta been confused Yem is other poster.

    ??? agh well
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    Hey Aggro,

    the wider tires seem to work well and thus far I have liked running the 2.25 in the front and a 2.1 in the back. It tracks really well- BMX concept.

    I am probably not YEM because I don't know what that is. Is it short for Yemeni? Let me know.

    Thanks
    Lefty Lucy / Righty tighty .

Similar Threads

  1. recomendations on tires, under $20 each
    By eman in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 06:48 PM
  2. Soft compound tires and shelf life
    By XCBob in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 11:26 PM
  3. Need help choosing tires for Bullit, Mavic D 2.1 UST rims,....
    By rug wheelie in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 09:39 AM
  4. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 03:07 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •