Suggestions please?

Thanks!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    i, too, would like to know this.

weirdo

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    I've always considered riding, possibly bikepacking DV but there really isn't enough offroad riding to do there. Titus is an easy half day ride, Panamint/Wildrose is pretty narrow in areas and has a lot of vehicle traffic. Also, I'm flat out against riding pavement where speed limits are high like on 190.

There is one stretch that would be a good choice for this, though. Hunter Mtn through Hidden Valley, down to the Racetrack and out to Ubehebe Crater. You'd get beat to Hell on these rough roads, though.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

weirdo
    ^^Too gnarly for my taste, but the rides have been documented if you want to try.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/7826
    Hiking/Biking - Nov-Dec 2011, Mojave Desert Bike Tour

If I had more vacation time or lived close enough to weekend it, I`d love to ride some of the greener Nevada- Hamilton mining district, Jarbidge, Schellborne...

The Hutch
    Lets get a group together and do some bike packing in the Vegas are this fall? I have a few small routes, I'm sure Beagle daddy has a bunch in mind. Then after we have a few small local ones under our belt we can expand to bigger and longer Epic Adventures. Thoughts?
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

\m/ \m/
    Good idea Rob!
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

The Hutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade-Runner View Post
    Good idea Rob!
    Kevin is that you? are you down to bike pack with me this fall?
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

mtbr member
    There are literally thousands of miles of jeep roads and dirt roads criss-crossing this state. There's a lot of beautiful, deserted country to explore here. One of the guys in our club has done several 3-4 day bike packing trips mostly in the Eastern half.

I think he was planning a Rachel to Ely trip recently. I'm sure he'd be happy to share GPX files. In fact, he wants to get a guide book printed for these kinds of routes eventually.

Disclaimer: He uses a Bob trailer and sticks to quad/atv trails, dirt roads and Jeep roads. Not sure if that's what you had in mind.

\m/ \m/
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1208lv View Post
    Kevin is that you? are you down to bike pack with me this fall?
    Yes it is. I'd be up for it, I've already got MTB panniers.
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

Explore More
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1208lv View Post
    Lets get a group together and do some bike packing in the Vegas are this fall? I have a few small routes, I'm sure Beagle daddy has a bunch in mind. Then after we have a few small local ones under our belt we can expand to bigger and longer Epic Adventures. Thoughts?

Well, how about this line of thinking:

First, how many miles can everyone relatively comfortably do on a normal trail ride?

Second, how about we try to get together and do a local and longer (early morning weekend, approaching the end of the mileage comfort zone) trail ride with all our gear, food and water for a weekend trip attached? This will allow the new folks to check the trail-worthiness of their setups, see some other setups, experience the difference of riding with a loaded bike and pick the brains of experienced riders. Maybe we'll even have you dump/show all your gear and suggest what can be modified or left behind?

Third, make adjustments and do another group ride?

Fourth, you are ok with riding at altitude, right?

Fifth, ready as you're gonna be! So, make sure the bike is in good shape, determine our group daily range and head off to the high country of UT or AZ (Brian Head, Bryce, Kaibab, Flagstaff, Prescott, etc...) and do something, or somethings, before the end of Summer!

May make some more adjustments, but got a nice little tour around the St George area to do when the temps moderate a bit.

That's my take on the subject. I've posted similar stuff on the BP forum and on Bikepacking.net. Just a matter of organizing the gear you have, testing out the setup on local trails, dial it in, then go for the real thing!

P.S.

Don't laugh, but here is how I roll!

Homemade Hillbilly and proud of it!

Also, got these too, when needed.

So, if y'all are serious about this, let's do it!

Still looking to ride with you BD.

And, what's up Fred?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NV Bikepacking?-dscn2444.jpg