Thread: More Please!

b a n n e d

More Please!

So I got a self-guided tour of Bear's Best Trail today and all I can say is that I'm VERY excited that this little trail is going to be my "regular" loop that I can ride from the garage. I had a blast out there and had no trouble following the route. There's some decent technical features, but nothing terrible and there's a good mix of flow as well. Really well done trail IMO.

What I'd like is to add some mileage to it. How do I extend this another 8 - 10 miles? I know there's a new leg that heads down to the 160, and I found the split and started down it, but the trail just disappeared compeltely after a few hundred yards. Being by myself, with fading daylight I chose the safe route and turned around. Here's what I did today:

Oh, and I saw this little guy too!
    More Please!-2013-09-08.jpg
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member

Re: More Please!

Looks like the little guy I spotted on BBT a few months ago!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails More Please!-uploadfromtaptalk1378711677989.jpg  

\m/ \m/
    There should be some new trails showing up this fall/winter. For now just do a second lap backwards.
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I saw a hatchling out there on "tres bridges", they are about the size of a silver dollar. Watch out for them, a tire could be a death sentence for those little guys. And don't touch them that causes them to piss and thats real bad for them.

You should try riding the trail called "Your Mom". It looks like you started up the hill but then gave up on it when the trail became faint. If you kept going up the hill it adds about another 2 miles of trail which is currently and out and back.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by mattstragalus View Post
    I saw a hatchling out there on "tres bridges", they are about the size of a silver dollar. Watch out for them, a tire could be a death sentence for those little guys. And don't touch them that causes them to piss and thats real bad for them.

You should try riding the trail called "Your Mom". It looks like you started up the hill but then gave up on it when the trail became faint. If you kept going up the hill it adds about another 2 miles of trail which is currently and out and back.
    You are correct. i had a map that showed Your Mom, which is the trail I wanted to hit, but like you said, when the trail went faint (i.e., disappeared completely) I turned back as I didn't want to explore by myself. I'd like to try it though. And doing an out and back might be fun. That'd add some miles, for sure.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!