mtbr member

Leadville qualifier

Guys,

I can't seem to find any info on the trail information for this race. I missed Burn Burner and would like to try my last chance for a qualifier. I'd like to know the trail condition, length, elevation, is this a loop type and anything else related to the event. Who is sponsoring the event?

I saw a youtube video of the 2011. Must of been no more then 100 riders. Is that possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Explore More
    It's all there in the following links. Best of luck!

Qualifier Races

Leadville 100 info

mtbr member
    Thanks DD, I've gone through that link before but one thing missing is the map of the course, location, elevation.

Thanks

Explore More
    Quote Originally Posted by ssphoenix View Post
    Thanks DD, I've gone through that link before but one thing missing is the map of the course, location, elevation.

Thanks
    If you go way down thru the right-hand side of the leadville 100 page, there are links to download the course map and profile.

Here are the links though:

Course Map

Elevation Profile

Check this page too. It even has a link to a Garmin Connect page with a Leadville 100 gps route.
    Last edited by DesertDog; 06-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks much DD. I've got all the information i need for leadville race believe me. I need a qualifier race so I can get there and so I am looking for the Lake Tahoe race information which I still can't fine. The stupid lottery drawing doesn't seem to like me. 3 years in the row, still no dice. Do they have a map? I wish I could do a pre-ride but time does not allow it. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciate

Explore More
    Here's the TT100K page from Northstar. Link to the course pdf with profile and other info towards the bottom

mtbr member
    Thanks DD. Much appreciated. Any words of advice? Typically I don't race anything I can't pre-ride but looks like I have no choice here. How technical is the course?

Thanks again.

Short-Change-Hero
    My brother raced it last year... 8600 and some-odd feet of climbing and what not. He is a pretty good rider and was spent at the end, took him 6:36:xx when I think the elite finisher was something like 4hrs. From what he told me it is a grueling ride but lots of fun, some fireroad in there for lots of climbing and technical areas but didn't make it sound like it was overly technical. Basically his biggest gripe was that there were tighter ST areas that were either techy or had some good switchbacks and people would slow down in the wrong areas causing crashes and what not.

If you want I can try and get some more info for you from him, unfortunately he is not doing it again this year as he will be out of state. If you search for it in the NorCal forum you will find more information and in last years thread you will find links to my photo albums.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

mtbr member
    Thanks gregnash, can't wait. It turns out that i might be getting there early and should have a chance to pre-ride. One thing though I've read somewhere that they have added another 30 miles to the course. But there is nothing on the website. Thanks much for any info. Tons of DH videos but almost nothing on the XC on youtube. odd. Thanks again. see you all there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It is basically 2 x 33 mile laps from the Northstar resort down into the Tahoe wilderness. The start is a little bit lower than where you will be doing your laps. There were a couple aid stations along the route as well. Including the Lap station...I think there were 3 aid stations. There was a place to leave supplies at the lap area. I think this had to be dropped off the day before. My mindset was to just finish it and I finished around 5:30. The fast times were well under 5 hours.

There wasn't anything super technical. There was some pretty fun singletrack and lots of fireroad. The last climb was pretty tough from what I recall. If it stays dry it will be pretty dusty.

I can dig up my old mapmyride data from when I pre-rode it the week before if you are interested.

mtbr member
    I got the map from the website and with the ability to do pre-ride the course, i should be good. This is my vacation time and the family will be there. I just didn't want to be away for 11 hours with the thought that it might actually be a 100miles after all.

Is the course open and marked the Friday before? Anyone wants to pre-ride on Friday?

Thanks again fellows.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I think you might be mixing up two separate races. There is the Tahoe Trail 100k, which is the Leadville qualifier, and there is also a Tahoe Sierra 100, which is a full 100 miles and is on July 14th. I recall reading that they have added 30 miles of singletrack to that race, so perhaps that's what you read in your research and are mistaking it for the other race.

The Tahoe Trail 100k at Northstar is a fun race. Last year I earned my spot into Leadville through the race, and that was on a single-speed racing by age group(19-29, rather than the SS class as there was only 1 spot up for grabs for SS). It's a really fun course. Fast and smooth for 90% of it. A couple little singletrack sections, nothing that I'd opt out of a hardtail for. Also some good steep climbs on the fire roads that you can really make some time up on if you're up for it. The elevation did hit some Bay Area people pretty hard, as the whole race is above 6,000 feet. I'm still up in the air about racing it this year, as it falls only 5 days before I'm heading to Colorado for the CTR.

mtbr member
    You are my hero. 470 miler and a boat load of elevation gain? I've been drooling at the tour divide myself but first is Leadville for me.

Thanks for clearing the races up. I figured i was mixing something up. Can't wait. Hope to see you there. If not good luck on the CTR.