MTB SOCAL

Las Vegas area mountain biking

My wife and I will be in Las Vegas towards the end of Feb for a conference. I was hoping to sneak out on Friday and possibly the afternoon on Saturday as well to do some riding. I'm probably going to hit Bootleg with a few friends on one of the days. But, I need to find a mellow, not-too-technical ride that I can do with my wife on the other day. If the ride has some scenery / views, even better (for her). I prefer some singletrack (as opposed to all road / fireroad). I tried doing some research online. It looks like Cottonwood is a possibility. Anything else? Any specific trails / routes that you would recommend? We are probably looking at something around 8-10 miles (maybe 2 hours of riding) since she doesn't ride very often. Thanks in advance.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

V-Shaped Rut
    8-10 miles and 2 hours with a view? Sounds like the cowboy trails and down boneshaker to me! Wait, you want to keep your wife? Cottonwood area will be perfect.

mtbr member
    Mustang trail at cottonwood. EASY
    09 GIANT REIGN 1
    09 Fisher Rig 29
    05 FELT 55
    03 GT 1.0
    Turning skills or hospital bills