Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,681

    Kibbles and Bits

    Just got back from Vegas and had four great rides in three days. I was introduced to Kibbles and Bits. Wow, that's a great trail!

    Didn't take one picture so that's all I have to say about that.
    Last edited by KRob; 09-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    702
    I went out to cowboy trails one time and right after going thru the gate I immediately went right on the single track. I went thru a little wash area then back on single track and stayed to my right and rode up lots of volcanic rock and etc. It was some fun rock obstacles and riding near the edge of "cliff like area."

    Is this Kibbles and Bits?
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: knoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    561
    Did it look like any of these ?









    If so,yes it was

    Sent using BOTH my thumbs

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    702
    knoob thanks for the pictures, yes it looked like that. I will have to look for that 4
    what is that?
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: knoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    I will have to look for that 4
    what is that?
    Mile markers. I only found 1 & 4, but I've been told 2&3 are there.

    Sent using BOTH my thumbs

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,681
    Yep. That's it Kelly. Really fun, techy, meandering routing that just makes it so you hardly notice the climb. Loved it.

    Not the way to go if you're in a hurry to get to the top.

  7. #7
    Young, Shawn Young
    Reputation: Redmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,038
    Rode this trail tonight for the first time. You know a trail was built well when going up is as fun as going down. I rode like a mad man to get back down before dark and man it was tough to follow the trail in places))
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

    Dont make me be the bad guy...

    Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon View Post
    Rode this trail tonight for the first time. You know a trail was built well when going up is as fun as going down. I rode like a mad man to get back down before dark and man it was tough to follow the trail in places))
    Nice Shawn. Fun isn't it?

    How'd it ride in the downhill direction? I came down Bomb Voyage the day I did that climb.

  9. #9
    Young, Shawn Young
    Reputation: Redmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,038
    Down was a hoot! A few oh **** places but I think that was more from it getting hard to follow the trail as dark set in.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

    Dont make me be the bad guy...

    Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    236
    So if one as going to he's out to the cowboy trails for the first time. What would be the preferred loop for a mostly xc guy not looking for any big drops or jumps. Just some new riding?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,681
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    So if one as going to he's out to the cowboy trails for the first time. What would be the preferred loop for a mostly xc guy not looking for any big drops or jumps. Just some new riding?
    K & B has some techy bits but no drops or jumps. It's a nice climb. From there I would continue on up towards the overlook and then retrace your route maybe throwing in a few alternatives as you go down.

    Just avoid Bone Shaker, Bob Gnarly, and Bomb Voyage and you should be fine.

    None of it is smooth XC stuff. There's some tech involved in most every trail up there.

    Fun trail system.

  12. #12
    The Hutch
    Reputation: rob1208lv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,193
    Kurt owns Cowboys on Strava - just saying
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch
    or my Blog
    http://rob-hutchinson.blogspot.com/

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    K & B has some techy bits but no drops or jumps. It's a nice climb. From there I would continue on up towards the overlook and then retrace your route maybe throwing in a few alternatives as you go down.

    Just avoid Bone Shaker, Bob Gnarly, and Bomb Voyage and you should be fine.

    None of it is smooth XC stuff. There's some tech involved in most every trail up there.

    Fun trail system.
    Thanks. I did check Strava to see what was out there and to get an idea of what the 'typical' loop was. Might try it this weekend.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    78
    Just rediscovered K&B this past month after more than a year. For sure, my favorite local trail. Not only awesomely fun, but avoids equine crowd and easily hooks up with upper Cowboy trail system. As stated above, hard figure out which is more fun--the ascent or descent!

    My hat's off to the creator of this little gem.

  15. #15
    Big B's Trails
    Reputation: ImaFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,605
    I <3 this trail
    I dig dirt!

  16. #16
    JF_
    JF_ is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16

    Cool-blue Rhythm Mile Marker 3

    Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    Mile markers. I only found 1 & 4, but I've been told 2&3 are there.

    Sent using BOTH my thumbs
    Here's pic of MM3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kibbles and Bits-milemarker3.jpg  


  17. #17
    Fishing/ Biking
    Reputation: Bike&Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    681
    After I saw this thread I rode up Kibbles the other day. Super Tech, but definitely fun. I was so worn out at the top, I had a hard time getting over to Bomb Voyage to go down!
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

  18. #18
    JF_
    JF_ is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Good alternatives back down; Fossil Canyon to Bunny, Cat in the Hat to Bunny or Fossil Canyon to Rock Gardens, but you probly already know these

  19. #19
    Fishing/ Biking
    Reputation: Bike&Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_ View Post
    Good alternatives back down; Fossil Canyon to Bunny, Cat in the Hat to Bunny or Fossil Canyon to Rock Gardens, but you probly already know these
    I've only been out there twice. The first time up Bunny and Fossil then across to Bone Shaker. Next time I'll have to try one of these "easier" routes back to the bottom.
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thor Lord of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    293
    Cowboy Trails are awesome! There really is a little bit of everything there...I have as much fun riding them as I have at Bootleg.

  21. #21
    JF_
    JF_ is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor Lord of Thunder View Post
    Cowboy Trails are awesome! There really is a little bit of everything there...I have as much fun riding them as I have at Bootleg.
    I need to ride cowboy trails atleast once a week. I'll be heading to Bootleg for the "first time" on SUN if weather permits, heard it's Bad Ass!!!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: digidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    176
    i still have yet to try out kibbles! i love everything else out at cowboy though.

  23. #23
    Fishing/ Biking
    Reputation: Bike&Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_ View Post
    I need to ride cowboy trails atleast once a week. I'll be heading to Bootleg for the "first time" on SUN if weather permits, heard it's Bad Ass!!!
    Did you come out to Bootleg for the group ride? It was cold, but still a good ride.
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

  24. #24
    JF_
    JF_ is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    That was one cold ride! I had the new trek fuel ex8. When we split up, I stayed with the first group.

  25. #25
    Fishing/ Biking
    Reputation: Bike&Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_ View Post
    That was one cold ride! I had the new trek fuel ex8. When we split up, I stayed with the first group.
    Gotcha. So how did the new bike ride? Lovin' it?
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •