mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Just moved to Henderson

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just moved to Henderson officially last night, although I was here a couple weeks ago moving my girlfriend into a new place. We came from Jacksonville Beach, FL.

I just joined the meetup group, and signed up for next Wed's group ride.

A little about me: I've been riding pretty consistently now for 6 years. Gainesville, where I went to school, has mtb group rides almost every night of the week if you know the right people, so I'm no stranger to night riding. Got a degree in mechanical engineering from UF. I'm working from home now for the same company I worked for in FL.

I've done a little racing here and there. So far this year I did two 6 hr races, one of which was on a rigid singlespeed (ouch). I was thinking about doing ORAMM (off road assault on mount mitchell, 63 miles with 11000 feet of climbing) before moving, but I'm not in shape for that level of hell right now.

I prefer riding dirt, but I do own a road bike, as well as a cross bike.

So if anyone is up for a dirt, road, or cross ride let me know. See you out there!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Welcome to NV! I just got into mountain riding about a month ago but have been road riding several years. I don't see much activity on this forum from NV.

Have fun on your upcoming night ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Welcome to Nevada...I'm sure the trails will be very different from Florida. The meetup group seems to.ride each Wednesday night at a minimum. Check out the southern Nevada mountain bike association (SNMBA)....we would love to have you as a member. Look the group up on Facebook.This forum use to have more activity....maybe it will pick up again soon.