Hmmmmm

The: "I HATE VH-1 and What They Did To Bootleg Canyon" Thread.

This is a link to my post in the General Discussion forum.

I Hate VH-1 and What They Did to Bootleg Canyon.

Eric W.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

The Hutch
    WOW I can't believe this.. Thanks for the Info Eric I think..

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Did you get any pictures that can be used against them? That sux

Matt
    I should be out riding....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    That really sucks. But now I'm gonna have to watch VH1 to find out what show they were taping for . Did you call the police?

Hmmmmm
    I didn't get pics Matt, but I went down to BC Parks and Recreation and told Roger Hall what was going on. Mr. Hall sent Dan Haskins up there, who called me on his way up to Bootleg.
    It was almost funny at my end. Dan said something about, he was just turning the corner where he could see Bootleg, then very shortly he muttered something about them driving on the hillside, even as we were talking on the phone.
    Then I heard something that I think was low muttered curses and Dan saying he was going to shut them down.
    I must confess... It makes the damage done by the zip-line people look pretty petty.
    I might add. VH-1 was using the zip-lines in their show and that is why they were driving all over the hillsides. The dumb-asses were looking for shortcuts to the towers.
    There are some utility vehicle tracks along Lower and Middle Lake View trails as well.
    They look like they came from one of their little off-road, Rhyno style vehicles.
    I feel sorry for Roger Hall. I went into the offices yelling.
    Last edited by Ericmopar; 02-10-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Peace and Long Rides...

Lone Wolf McQuade
    "I went into the offices yelling."

I was thinking the pictures could be used as evidence in the case against VH-1. That's awesome that you got to the BC Parks and Recs office in time for them to see it. The zip line company should be held partly responsible as well, they know better than to let VH-1 drive around up there......

Matt
    I should be out riding....

Hmmmmm
    Some of the damage done.

The: "I HATE VH-1 and What They Did To Bootleg Canyon" Thread.-sam_0007-640x480-.jpg

The: "I HATE VH-1 and What They Did To Bootleg Canyon" Thread.-sam_0013-640x480-.jpg

Today ended on a good note.
    The: "I HATE VH-1 and What They Did To Bootleg Canyon" Thread.-sunset-cascata-640x480-.jpg

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Is that the extent of the damage, some tire tracks in the dirt? I was expecting huge ruts through single track.

Hmmmmm
    There is worse damage in other areas, but the tire tracks will be there for years to come.
    For one thing, the "upside" of the rocks is coated by something called "Desert Glaze".
    Desert Glaze takes decades to centuries to come back.
    The area's crust is broken in many spots on closer inspection. This will mean sever erosion will begin during Monsoonal Thunderstorms, in some of the effected areas. That in turn means the damage will continue to get worse over time.
    It's an open invitation to go off road in that area. More will quite literally follow in their tracks.
    The tire tracks in the area are very visible around sunset, from lower down the slope.

It's all beside the point, that a virgin desert area, with some rare beauty is spoiled, for a very long time.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Looks like if somebody went up there with a metal rake, it could look like it was before. Just sayin.

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider
    Looks like if somebody went up there with a metal rake, it could look like it was before. Just sayin.
    Good idea! Bring a rake with you and i will take some pictures of you doing your part to make sure other trucks dont see those tracks and do the same thing
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I will - the next time I am in nevada.