mtbr member

Good job! Great Day at Bootleg Canyon - All Mountain Cyclery

Perfect weather and trails made it a great day at Bootleg Canyon today. It was my first visit to Boulder City and I will definitely be back. I had a great experience renting from All Mountain Cyclery in Boulder City. Jeff and Dan were very helpful and accommodating. I rented a 2015 Specialized Enduro Comp 650b. They had a great setup with a short stem and wide bars and a 1x11 drivetrain. The bike was in really good shape and I had no issues with it.

Based on the recommendations by Dan, I went up Girl Scout, then did the Inner Caldera loop. I then went up Boy Scout, then back down after reaching the gate at the top. I continued down Girl Scout then caught the connector to Mother. Then I hit the flow of POW, cut across Parnone and back to the shop.

I haven't been on the trails in about 8-10 months and really had a great time. If you are going to Las Vegas, definitely hit Bootleg Canyon.

mtbr member
    Good loop. Glad you enjoyed it and had a good experience with the shop.
    What did you think about the Enduro?

mtbr member
    I liked it, but the geometry is much different from my 2010 Yeti 575. I am sold on the 650b, as I am only 5'8". I rented a medium and the short stem made the cockpit feel a bit cramped, but I didn't have any issue with maneuvering the bike technically.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Glad you had a great time. Conditions out there are awesome right now. AMC is a great place to deal with too. Bootleg for the win!!!

unrooted
    I'm heading to Vegas tonight, but a friend of mine is going with and we only have enough time for one sport, so unfortunately this weekend I'll only be rock climbing in Red Rocks. . .there are too many fun things to do in Vegas, if you're a mountain biker and a rock climber.
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!