mtbr member
    Jun 2005

going to build a PUMPTRACK in my back yard, please advise,

I got "Lee likes bikes" book, but Vegas ground is very special, anybody else have done this? what kind of tools?

Big B's Trails
    Have you thought about importing some dirt it doesn't cost as much as you might think and you would get a much better overall product...
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Oh wow thanks for your reply, trailmaster yoda, (aka Imafred) what do you mean by importing? Adding extra dirt? Yes for sure, right now I am in the cleaning process, then I will lay a "floor plan"

Big B's Trails
    Yes adding/bringing it in... that way you have some selection/control over what your working with... different dirts behave differently depending on sand/clay mixture. If you go to the trail builders forum you can read up on this..for example; are native soil is obviously a very sandy mix, southeastern US is very clay heavy. For your berms/jumps you can build foundations/structures out of other building materials such as wood, cinder blocks, etc .to support the dirt( personally I would just spend the money on more of the better dirt then wood)
    Any thought of a sprinkler system? You know, for ongoing moisture control.
    Do you have a sketch of your design you'd care to share?
    If you wanna keep it on the dl u can pm me.
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    Yes adding/bringing it in... that way you have some selection/control over what your working with... different dirts behave differently depending on sand/clay mixture. If you go to the trail builders forum you can read up on this..for example; are native soil is obviously a very sandy mix, southeastern US is very clay heavy. For your berms/jumps you can build foundations/structures out of other building materials such as wood, cinder blocks, etc .to support the dirt( personally I would just spend the money on more of the better dirt then wood)
    Any thought of a sprinkler system? You know, for ongoing moisture control.
    Do you have a sketch of your design you'd care to share?
    If you wanna keep it on the dl u can pm me.
    The area is the "garden" in the back of the house, so it does have a sprinkler system, and yes once I clean the area, I plan on getting exra soil, mostly clay I think, is not gonna be anything big, and still has to look like a garden.
    Once I clean the area, I will PM you for more advise, thanks a lot for your help!