mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Finally back in the swing of things...

I moved here to LV from ND about two months ago and now finally have been able to get on my bike. The best ride I have found from my house was along the 215 (I started at flamingo and rode all the way to just before Charleston). Its kind of a frontage road; would be good if I was a roadie but would like to find some single track. I was wondering if you guys could tell me where some good single track or even some good maintenance roads are that are with-in riding distance (215 and trop/flamingo) of my house.

My idea of riding distance is about 40 miles round trip cause I am still pretty out of shape. If any of you guys live on this side of town and want to meet up starting the second Sunday in Dec I will have Sundays off, I would love to start riding more.

Send me a PM if you want to ride otherwise if you have some good beta on the SW side of town let me know!

Thanks!
    ~Mike

mtbr member
    Plenty of good singletrack out near Blue Diamond (Cottonwood) and Red Rock Canyon (Cowboy trails) which are within your 40 mile ride parameters. Check the Trail Reviews section here on mtbr for directions.

The Vegas guys are really good about showing around new folks. Hopefully one of them will chime in so you can hook up with them. E!, Redmon, anyone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...5_4562crx.aspx

???
    Is the google earth marker off? The directions show down HW159 but google earth shows down by kyle canyon road... thats quite a bit of a diffrence.

These places (cowboy, cotten wood, ect) look great but they are like 15 miles of road, then 20 miles of good single track then like 15 miles of road back... They seem great if I throw my bike into my car and go, I was hopeing something more within 10 miles, then 10 miles of riding then 10 miles back.... I totally plan on going to those trails but only when I have like the whole day to play, I am looking for some where I can go if I get off work like 3 hours early...

~Mike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mohaupt
    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...5_4562crx.aspx

???
    Is the google earth marker off? The directions show down HW159 but google earth shows down by kyle canyon road... thats quite a bit of a diffrence.

These places (cowboy, cotten wood, ect) look great but they are like 15 miles of road, then 20 miles of good single track then like 15 miles of road back... They seem great if I throw my bike into my car and go, I was hopeing something more within 10 miles, then 10 miles of riding then 10 miles back.... I totally plan on going to those trails but only when I have like the whole day to play, I am looking for some where I can go if I get off work like 3 hours early...

~Mike
    Three hours is plenty of time to do either of those trails/areas.... or Bootleg for that matter. Throw your bike in your car, drive 20 minutes, then ride for 2 hours then drive home. When I'm there i stay at a hotel about 15 minutes from the Cowboy Trails and can get in a 2 to 2.5 hour ride before 8:00 am or I get off at 4:45-5:00pm and get to the trail head by 5:30 and ride for two hours before dark (requires you to ride with lights this time of year).

E! and Redmon both explore around the outskirts of town and have found some stuff if you're looking for something closer to home.

E !

Welcome to the hell-hole

yes indeed. If you want to ride from home, it's all up to you to come up with a plan. You WILL HAVE to load up your bike to get to the good singlr track. Cottonwood is your best bet for the southwest side of town. You have to come out to bootleg for the best riding around town though. Probably 30-45 minute drive for you. I'm at Jt's bicycle off horizon ridge(on the way to bootleg) from thur-sun.Stop on by. I'll be glad to show you the local stuff.