Thread: Elko Riding

mtbr member

Elko Riding

Anyone on here ride much around Elko? I have been to the Shale Mines area quite a bit. Looking for some new trails and areas.

mtbr member
    Hey mtbks - Good to see someone else from the Elko area on here! I ride out in Spring Creek on the weekends. The new trail at the base of Lamoille is fun or going to Lamoille. Otherwise, I have been out in the flats on the cow trails. Always good for an unexpected tire/chain check.

mtbr member
    Well hello. Took quite a while to get a response to this thread. I just moved out to Spring Creek this past weekend so I plan on doing more riding out here. I have only ridden in Lamoille Canyon a couple of times. I want to try the new trail at the base sometime. I need to break in the new bike. The last parts will be here tomorrow to finish it up

mtbr member
    Well congratulations on your move! So, which Mine do you work at? Saw the Process E&I Trainer. I am at Goldstrike myself. I can't believe I missed the post before, course I wasn't looking that hard either. lol

mtbr member
    I also work at Goldstrike. My office is at the Roaster.

mtbr member
    Fantastic! I am over at the Autoclave side.

You mentioned a new bike? What did you get to ride? I ride a GT Karakoram, but an older one. Upgrade parts to make the ride nicer. I am to the point of stealing parts off of my Specialized Stumpjumper to subsidize the items I am bending. At some point soon, I am going to have to get serious about a new bike I suppose. lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I go out to Elko about 8 times a year for work. I actually work for a trucking company that delivers product to Goldstrike every day. I'm not one of the drivers but I manage them.
    I've always wanted to take my bike but wasn't sure where any good place to ride was.
    2009 KHS XCT 555
    2012 Fuji Altamira Team

mtbr member
    I hear (don't personally know) that there are some new trails at the SnoBowl in Elko.

This is the link: forums.mtbr.com/nevada/new-trails-going-elko-snobowl-708114.html

(I can't post links yet.)

I haven't seen much for organized trails around here. Or, I am just not aware, which could be easy enough. lol The only other defined trails I have road are in Lamoille Canyon out in Lamoille in the Mountains. I take my dog with me so usually try to stay out of everyones way.

But, you should give it a try!!!

mtbr member
    I built up a Diamondback Mission 2 from the bare frame. It has been pretty fun and challenging haha. I can't wait to ride it. A couple of my parts were backordered so I am waiting on those and then it will be complete!!

I am over at the AC/Mill quite often. At least a couple of times a week. Hopefully I will see you around sometime. I am off for the next week and a half for a hunting trip with my dad and brothers, so I won't be anywhere near Goldstrike!!

mtbr member
    A Diamondback Mission 2.. Not a clue, but sounds like it was a great project!!! Can't wait till you can take pictures and show it off!!!

Good luck hunting. Not hearing much movement on the game. Maybe they are waiting for you! lol

mtbr member
    Being from the big cities of reno/sparks I love new adventures when possible and riding in, about and around Lamoille cnyn is on the agenda for next yr, perhaps even on my FAT bike. I would most likely make it a 2-day affair with the drive and all. Happy peddlin folks.

mtbr member
    Last summer when I was home they had just started work on the snobowl and lamoille canyon trails. I would love to see an update on these and maybe some video since I'm planning to bring my bike home next summer to ride for a few days.

Chris Bling
    Another Elko rider here for roll-call I live in Elko, and try and get out and ride about 3-4 times a week. I go when I get home from work so its in the dark. If anyone is up for night rides, its a blast.
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

Ride it like I hate it
    Aug 2014
    Hey guys am I too late? I also work for Barrick, meikle underground
    I would like to meet new people to go ride with. Anyone still here?

Ride it like I hate it
    Aug 2014
    I also ride a fatbike. Lamoile canyon is my favorite location in these parts.

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne View Post
    Hey guys am I too late? I also work for Barrick, meikle underground
    I would like to meet new people to go ride with. Anyone still here?
    There are still quite a few of is around. I am out for the next few weeks due to surgery recovery times, but we are here and strong!
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

Ride it like I hate it
    Aug 2014
    Sorry for your pain. Hope you feel better soon. Let me know when your ready for a nice and easy recuperation ride :-)

mtbr member
    Well, if there are still anyone one around, I'm over in Winnemucca and work for the mines as well. Just started back into MTB-ing from 15 years of MX. So if there are any of you guys still around, and you get over this way, or me over there maybe we can get together for a ride.
    And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. A. Senna