mtbr member
    May 2015

Cowboy Trails warning

If you guys are out on cowboy Trails near Red Rock, watch the trail closely as someone has been putting Cholla chunks on the trails.

Ended up with a small one(even after noticing several along the trails) but it did not make it into the fat tire.

These don't just fall off onto the trail at more than random intervals.
    Fat bike places at fat bike paces.

mtbr member
    If they didn't fall on their own, whoever placed them has a hand full of barbs too. Payback!

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    I saw some on Friday, seemed to catch quite a few with my hands, maybe the rains fattened them up and they sagged over a little more. The vegetation is always growing, trying to infringe on the trail, and we keep beating it back with our bikes and bodies.

Cowboy probably has the least trail conflicts of anywhere in town. Doubt someone would go through the effort to sabotage, probably just slightly overgrown cholla and horses/riders brushing against them.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I was doing a few miles at cottonwood tonight and not a single Cholla on the trail.

Someone did blast by me with their head mounted light blazing.

I need to mount the light to the fatty. Also need to get that pistol. Saw a coyote just watching me. I turned around and headed back to the car.

mtbr member
    I saw a couple cholla at cottonwood yesterday laying in the trail, but I think they just got knocked into it as I had to lean the bike over to miss a few hanging over. Now glass is another story! see different post. btw bweelies where do you plan on carrying? On bike or holster or backpack? I've thought about bringing a small pistol when going to sketchy areas or bikepacking.
    2015 Ghost Kato 5
    1996ish GT Timberline
    1988ish GT Mach One

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    I saw a couple cholla at cottonwood yesterday laying in the trail, but I think they just got knocked into it as I had to lean the bike over to miss a few hanging over. Now glass is another story! see different post. btw bweelies where do you plan on carrying? On bike or holster or backpack? I've thought about bringing a small pistol when going to sketchy areas or bikepacking.
    Thinking backpack but it may be safer holstered?

Haven't bought the weapon yet but I have been eyeing the Springfield Armory XD in 9mm.