• 12-16-2012
    MountainBikeMaps.com
    Getting the Anthem trails finished up! Should be up shortly after the Holidays!
  • 12-16-2012
    MountainBikeMaps.com
    Wish I had found this thread earlier!! I would love help with adding more areas! Easy Printable 8.5 x 11 maps available now for COTTONWOOD (North and South) - COWBOY - ALL OF CHARLESTON - AUSTIN, NV - GREAT BASIN, NV - - In the pipeline: BOOTLEG - EL DORADO area - ANTHEM TRAILS
  • 12-17-2012
    nelsonccc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Redmon View Post
    Good luck with that!

It's stupid I know. But the last time I went to ride it there were new signs at both ends so I didn't ride it, though it was clear that others were riding it.
  • 12-18-2012
    MountainBikeMaps.com
    Are there signs at BOTH ENDS?? I know the "RED DUMP" playground area at the bottom of Hurls backdoor is closed...But I thought Dave's didn't have a sign on the North end....don't remember about the South end....
  • 12-18-2012
    nelsonccc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainBikeMaps.com View Post
    Are there signs at BOTH ENDS?? I know the "RED DUMP" playground area at the bottom of Hurls backdoor is closed...But I thought Dave's didn't have a sign on the North end....don't remember about the South end....

There's a sign at the junction near the big yucca and another at the south end where it junctions into waterfall canyon. Not sure if there is a sign at the north end traveling south.
  • 12-18-2012
    Redmon
    I rode Tuesday and didnt see any signs. Why is it that its always a trail CLOSURE? Ridiculous.
  • 12-18-2012
    E !
    Awesome!
    Quote:

Hey everyone! I am making Mountain Bike Maps.com

Check it out and let me know what you think . Keep in mind, it's FREE. and I am a one man band so it's ever evolving...

GPS Data possibly to come in a few months......

Great job on the website. One nitpicky observation by me. The trail system is cottonwood valley(not canyon.) Otherwise great stuff. Looking forward to more.
  • 12-21-2012
    MountainBikeMaps.com
    Quote:

Originally Posted by E ! View Post
    Great job on the website. One nitpicky observation by me. The trail system is cottonwood valley(not canyon.) Otherwise great stuff. Looking forward to more.

Ha ha! Thanks man! lol wow that's one of those things I've just said for so long I sorta forgot it was a valley not a canyon!! ;p

Thanks!!

**MAJOR RE-DESIGN** under way!!

There will be: Printable Maps - GPX - Garmin Custom Maps - Google Earth Maps and KMZs - PLUS MORE!!!!!

I am so excited, it's like... it's Christmas!! LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
  • 01-11-2013
    unkosama
    I thought it would be fun to build a Garmin 800 map of Nevada for both MTB and Roadies a like. Here is a snapshot. Basically all the trails are highlighted by difficulty, and you can see the RMT in purple because it is a paved trail. All the roads are de-emphasized in gray, except roads with bike lanes.

http://www.skidmap.com/downloads/skidmap-nv.png

If anyone is interested in giving it a try and giving me some feedback, send me an email (info@skidmap.com) and let me know and I'll shoot you a free download link. It will work on the Edge 705 but you will need some additional instructions.

Also, I got a private message from one of the users here, but I don't have enough posts to respond, please send all inquires to "info@skidmap.com".

Cheers
  • 12-21-2013
    Kevlar3D
    Just a quick update, SNMBA launched their new website yesterday. <a href="http://www.snmba.net">SNMBA.NET</a> There is a (very young) trails section that will consolidate all of the local trails using compatible widgets from any trail map site.
  • 12-21-2013
    MountainBikeMaps.com
    Or Check out MOUNTAINBIKEMAPS.com for even easier to use data and More data =)
  • 12-23-2013
    Camaleon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zipzit View Post

--I was able to link up with Ron R. of the Mountain Bike Las Vegas Meetup group this afternoon, and I think we have a winner. Ron will have to get confirmations with some of the key folks there before we can proceed, but it looks like we will attempt to upgrade the web site at htttp://mountainbikelasvegas.com/ <<--- Great URL name.

Many thanks. Stay tuned for more updates!

--zip

Seems like you are on the right path!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beagledadi View Post
    Good luck with the trail names :thumbsup:

Matt

Yeah no kidding right? every trail out there have one or 2 or many names depending on who you talk to and some times the same person have 2 names for the same trail depending on what direction is being ridden. The heck some freaking trails have names on another languages "La Espaņola" que mamadas son esas si estamos en Los United States, Cabrones!

I personally haven't had much luck with skidmap as you can only download so many trail and uploads didn't work that good.
    Now with Mountain bike Maps the problems I have is that the information is not accurate at least to "ME" and they are missing trails.

I hope this is taken as constructive criticisms as that's how I intend it to be.

So I guess "MY" overall conclusion is they are not 100% user friendly and they don't work as I will like them to.
    Are they great help for out of towners? Well to a certain extent.

I am a local and ride everywhere and the last time I used them as a resource to get some .gpx files and overlap them to create a route and then upload it to my phone to follow on the ground it didn't work I couldn't do it and I spend over 30 minutes trying.
    FYI I was also using my own .gpx files in my attempt.
    At that point I really rather just ride my bike and figure it all out on the ground exploring.
    Maybe I just don't know what I am doing but that brings it all back to point 1 on any WEB SITE "User Friendly" Dumb proof.
    If it's to complicated and confusing for the average Joe it doesn't work.

Best of luck and I think you collaborating and joining forces with the Biggest and Best MTB group in the State can only lead to great things.
  • 12-23-2013
    Camaleon
    :bluefrown:Oh E! you couldn't let that one go.
  • 12-23-2013
    MountainBikeMaps.com
    CAMALEON--> I welcome all forms of criticism and especially when it's constructive =) Thanks for the insight. I guess I just figured the folks that didn't want to mess with the fancy schmancy stuff would just use the print map and print it.... This is no excuse, but I do know there are holes in the site.... I am working on it. I am a one man band so it's sorta slow....and later this year I hope to make things work MUCH better on the site across all platforms (phones especially).

Specifically, I would love to know what you had trouble with so I can look at any options to make it easier =)! Was it the "Garmin custom maps"?? Or the MAPRIKA app Maps??
    Please let me know so I can try to improve the user experience-as my MAIN focus is trying to make it EASY to use....Should I have more info on the site about "HOW" to use the site?

As far as Not having all the trails....Now I am very curious as to what ones I am missing!!!??

Happy Trails and feel free to shoot me an email at info@mountainbikemaps.com anytime!! =)
  • 12-23-2013
    Camaleon
    Quote:

CAMALEON--> I welcome all forms of criticism and especially when it's constructive =) Thanks for the insight. I guess I just figured the folks that didn't want to mess with the fancy schmancy stuff would just use the print map and print it.... This is no excuse, but I do know there are holes in the site.... I am working on it. I am a one man band so it's sorta slow....and later this year I hope to make things work MUCH better on the site across all platforms (phones especially).

Specifically, I would love to know what you had trouble with so I can look at any options to make it easier =)! Was it the "Garmin custom maps"?? Or the MAPRIKA app Maps??
    Please let me know so I can try to improve the user experience-as my MAIN focus is trying to make it EASY to use....Should I have more info on the site about "HOW" to use the site?

As far as Not having all the trails....Now I am very curious as to what ones I am missing!!!??

Happy Trails and feel free to shoot me an email at info@mountainbikemaps.com anytime!! =)

Email sent.
    Keep it up :thumbsup: