Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cell Phone Reception w/ strava in the vegas valley/mtn bike trails

937 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  knoob 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would check here. I'm curious to see what cell phone providers people are using and what seems to offer good service and functionality with Strava out at Cottonwood.

I currently use my Iphone with AT&T and it works marvelously well with Strava all over the valley but the cost is becoming ridiculous. So I want to change to Cricket but it would suck if it didn't work well with Strava out on the mtn bike trails.

So i'm hoping others will chime in with what they are using and how well it works. For example my buddy uses an Iphone with Verizon and will consistently have more mileage on the same ride because it'll show him bouncing all over the place on a ride.

Maybe I should just switch and if it doesn't work well, it'll be a good excuse to buy that Garmin edge I've been eyeballing.

#2 ·
Strava is gps based. Cell provider has zero to do with tracking the ride, only looking at the Strava site.

How well a phone tracks a ride is dependant on the phones gps chip set and a bunch of other geek speak.

Go to the gps forum, get comfy and read away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.