mtbr member

Carson City Riding

I have a quick overnight trip to Carson City tomorrow (4-11). Any suggestions for a evening ride in the area? I've never riden in Carson before. I see the weather may be limiting however. I'm from the Elko area.

Thanks....Dan

Short-Change-Hero
    Ash Canyon and Centennial Park are both well developed and open right now. Heard that there is some good hero dirt in Ash Canyon. Centennial will be more rocky/technical and the first bit of the climb sucks but the ride is fun. Neither are incredibly long but multiple loops have been strung together to make them longer.

I would say go for Ash Canyon behind the College as it is much more well ridden and easier to follow.

If I hadnt sprained my damn ankle I would have taken you out there but doc says no pedaling for me. Send me a pm if you need some directions.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

Short-Change-Hero
    Wow seriously windy out there. Might not be the best idea to ride right now.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

mtbr member
    Rode Ash Canyon yesterday. It was a good change of scenery and some decent trails, but a little on the short side as noted. I really liked the creekside trail on the way back.

washed-up moto guy
    Awesome terrain down there huh? I am looking forward to getting down there soon!

mtbr member
    Thanks all, yeah the wind and the weather was nasty (not the best excuse, but an excuse non the less). I will foresure do Ash Canyon next trip. I get to Carson about once a month or so. If ever in Elko drop me a line and I'll show you the local rides here.

Short-Change-Hero
    Martin - So the creek is clear? Last I rode it there was a huge patch of ice on the south side (which isnt fun to ride). Hoping the ankle heals up quick as I am itching to get the purple people eater out there!!

Magnum - I have been hearing that for a year man!!! You need to get your butt down here so we can ride!

Cdadaa - Next time you are here send me a line on when you think you can ride. I live 2 miles from Ash so I can meet you at the TH or grab the car from the wife and meet you at Centennial!.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

mtbr member
    The creek was clear top to bottem and the best part of the ride.

washed-up moto guy
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Magnum - I have been hearing that for a year man!!! You need to get your butt down here so we can ride!
    Haha, unfortunately you are right on that one! The good news is I am well on my way regarding my recovery. It seems a little more difficult to control my output when MTB so I have mostly been on road so far this year, but I am hoping May will bring more MTB into my diet

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Looking forward to riding Carson this summer. What about Virginia city? I heard there's an imba epic ride there. Any Info on that?
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

Short-Change-Hero
    Never heard of any specific singletrack in BC but do know that there is lots of fireroad that can take you from Carson to Reno and back. Check out bikecarson.com as Moser has ridden most anything that is out here and then some.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)