mtbr member

Birthday/Bach Party in Vegas but I WANNA RIDE!

Hello fellow mountain bikers. My name is Cory and I'm from a small town in SE Iowa. I was originally supposed to be in Vegas for a bachelor party June 22-24 but my flight got changed to leave the 21st instead of the 22nd. June 21st happens to me my 28th birthday and I planned on riding here in Iowa, but since I will be in Vegas, I'm hoping to ride there now. The guys I am going with for the bach party have absolutely no interest in biking. They would rather get wasted and go see strippers, but I have the whole weekend to do that

I plan on packing my helmet, shoes, pedals and light in case of a night ride and renting a bike (or borrowing one), but I would rather have a local show me some sweet trails then pay for a cheezy tour. My flight is set to arrive at 2PM on Thursday June 21st, so it would have to be an afternoon/evening ride.

If anyone would like to help me out or if you have info on a good tour to take, please let me know. Ride on!
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I can't help you due to work that day, but I assure you that if you go with the guide Bob through the Bike Outpost at the Cottonwood trail system it will be far from cheesy. Other than that, just go to the Bike Outpost and rent a bike (its at the trailhead) and Chris will get you oriented to the trails.

mtbr member
    Thanks! I would like to find a small group to ride with but I aint skeered to fly solo either.
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

mtbr member
    Bring your lights for sure!

That time of year it b hot!

We have a weekly nite ride from BD @730pm.

That goes for everyone. Starting 5/17 it will be a weekly thing.

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

mtbr member
    What's BD? That sounds like it could be perfect.
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

mtbr member
    Never mind I figured it out

I'll be giving McGhie's a call soon to get my rental figured out. This will definitely be the highlight of my trip!
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoX33 View Post
    What's BD? That sounds like it could be perfect.
    Sorry, Blue Diamond,NV

Thats where McGhies Outpost is,they do rentals and are 100yds from the trailhead.

Sent using BOTH my thumbs