Now rollin the Big Hit

best place to get a wheel built

Where is the best shop in Vegas to get a wheel laced up. Got a deal on some 729's from friend and need to have em laced up now.

Thanks,
    Mizzle
    Hailing from Reno, NV by way of Vegas...
    Now rockin the Big Hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now rollin the Big Hit

Also

Also feel free to add in spots in Reno.
    I am up there right now.

Someone has to have a recommendation.

Thanks,
    John
    Hailing from Reno, NV by way of Vegas...
    Now rockin the Big Hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viva Las Vegas
    You could try Manuels and Ollies on Boulder Hwy in Henderson. It's right past Sunset Rd.If you hit Warm Springs you went to far.And watch out for the big Hispanic dude that works there.you'll go in to get your rims laced and he will try to sell you a new bike.If you want one in Vegas, try Bike world on flamingo and eastern.I went to both places to lace my rims but ended up buying a new set on Jensonusa.com.I just thought i would send you a reply since no one else was.

Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
    I personally do my own, but know several people who use Ray at the Bike Shop on Pecos and Wigwam. Ray does good work. I know some other shops that have sent wheels there to be built, also. You might check out Pro-Cyclery too.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell
    I personally do my own, but know several people who use Ray at the Bike Shop on Pecos and Wigwam. Ray does good work. I know some other shops that have sent wheels there to be built, also. You might check out Pro-Cyclery too.
    I know nobody likes McGhie's, but the head mechanic Ronnie is great, imho. My suggestion would be to ask for him.

Just Joshin' ya!
    If you live in or near henderson, go with Manual and Ollies.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

L1MEY
    Every experience I've ever have with Bike World (either store) has been a bad one, unfortunately. Personally I like the guys at Pro Cyclery, but I've never had any wheels laced by them, only trued.

BTW, I like McGhies for gear... they have pretty much the best clothing selection in town, and in itty-bitty sizes to fit me too

- jen.
    Ride like a girl!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mahgnillig
    Every experience I've ever have with Bike World (either store) has been a bad one, unfortunately. Personally I like the guys at Pro Cyclery, but I've never had any wheels laced by them, only trued.

BTW, I like McGhies for gear... they have pretty much the best clothing selection in town, and in itty-bitty sizes to fit me too

- jen.
    lol, good! at least there's something good about the place.....

Young, Shawn Young
    Jmitchell is the best wheel builder in town but you have to spoon with him on a mtb trip before he'll even think about building a wheel for you.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon
    Jmitchell is the best wheel builder in town but you have to spoon with him on a mtb trip before he'll even think about building a wheel for you.
    Redmon - Yeah, next time I'll eat a great big bean burrito before I go anywhere with you!

There is one conclusion I have come to about wheelbuilding. It seems every wheelbuilder bags on the next guy's wheelbuild.

And here's a couple things I've learned about Vegas.
    1. If you're a roadie - Pro-cyclery has the best prices and selection on Revo spokes.
    2. If you want the little brass washers on the spoke heads, you can get them from the Bike Shop on Pecos.
    3. If you want double butted spokes - you better order them. But to my suprise I have found some at Bike World on Flamingo.
    4. Oh where, oh where did the spoke cutting die go from Bike Depot. At $3000 dollars for new, I just can't see that thing sitting on a garage shelf......

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by twouareks
    lol, good! at least there's something good about the place.....

If only a bike shop would sell some ski gear!! ~

Yo Brock, when ya gonna get out and ride on a Sunday morning with us?

Neal

Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    If you live in or near henderson, go with Manual and Ollies.
    NMPhi767 - I talked to April and she said NO! So you can change your sig now......

Just Joshin' ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell
    NMPhi767 - I talked to April and she said NO! So you can change your sig now......
    Darn, I guess my dreams are down the drain. Thanks for the update.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by njcoppola
    If only a bike shop would sell some ski gear!! ~

Yo Brock, when ya gonna get out and ride on a Sunday morning with us?

Neal

I'd love to, but what time do you go? I run into the problem of having to be at work at 9, so I can't really ride too much later than 8. I guess an hour-hour & a half is better than nothing though. Cottonwood?

Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    Darn, I guess my dreams are down the drain. Thanks for the update.
    Like your sig, I was hoping you found humor in it...

Just Joshin' ya!
    Thanks, I am always looking for something clever in the old signature. I am thinking of trying, "Haro Extreme X-2, will you marry me? My girlfriend considers my bike my other woman anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0