mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Beginner - intermediate rider groups

The girlfriend and I have been riding a few days a week to learn and are looking for others to join. I am learning downhill and she's learning xc.

What are some good trails? Groups?

mtbr member
    All mountain cylcery in Boulder city does a group xc rides on Sundays around 4:00

One of the best place to learn some downhill trails of all levels is bootleg canyon in boulder city, I dont know if they have groups other than the shuttle on Fri, sat and sun

good luck and have fun
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What area are you in?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Heading to Bootleg Canyon tomorrow, anyone else?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Well Im up here in Northern Nevada, towards reno & Truckee. I think I will be heading out to Galena later today to enjoy this awesome weather!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I will probably be out bootleg tomorrow. When you going and what you planning to ride?

The New Guy
    May 2012
    New to DH MTB but looking forward to going to Bootleg, Im riding a hard tail Ironhorse stock forks 100mm travel what Dh trails would be best for my setup out there? I have the map of Bootleg its big and i dont want to waste my day riding a boring trail! Thanks

Short-Change-Hero
    Depends on what you want Sierra... If you are looking for pure beginners trails with no climbing then I would stick with something like Martis Meadows up in Tahoe. If you guys can do some climbing then head to Peavine, Hidden Valley, or Dry Pond as those are pretty good easy rides.

If you travel down to CC let me know and I will see if I can meet up with you guys, we have Ash Canyon and Centennial as our main rides here. There is also a new trail that is illegal that goes up to the C on C Hill. I havent had a chance to ride that yet as I have been nursing an ankle sprain.

Head a little further south and there are new trails opening up in Genoa. My riding buddy and I are planning on hitting that up as they will be opening on the 12th.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

washed-up moto guy
    Not sure of any MTB groups as the only ones I am aware of are road groups, but if you are looking to hitch up with people then you will always find company up at Peavine. I'm sure that if we regularly posted up when we planned to ride on here then we would get some type of group ride pattern...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Tuesday Night Ride Group meets up on a weekly basis. Good group of people, and dogs.
    I'm looking for some one to ride with while I get back in shape. I'm not new to Mtn Biking, but I've been off for a few seasons, and just got a new bike this year. I'm open just about any time right now, so let me know.