Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bears Best MTB Trail

88K views 602 replies 67 participants last post by  Camaleon 
#1 · (Edited)
Bears Best MTB Trail [o]'s added

Heres a short(crappy) video of the new climb at BB Trail....this trail is getting better all the time:thumbsup:

#573 ·
Yippie!!!!!!

Just came in to say THANK YOU to the guys that have worked and made Bears Best.

I know who they are, and thank you guys. Big time.

*two thumbs up*
:drumroll::band::drumroll: FREAKING HEY!!:thumbsup: Once again I didn't go to ride Bear's Best for a week and what do you know, come to find out there are 3 more miles of brand spanking new single track. Needless to say I left the trails with a face like this :D

Hats off :cornut:

#483 ·
i have not been out there for a few months until today.
I saw some new trail stuff and stuck to what I know
I like a lil challenge.
I felt like Pele getting off the bike and kicking big rocks
off the main trails and a farmer once in while picking up
trail blocking rocks.
Still felt like a little kid riding over the bridges, lower legs and
socks covered in dust. Bike covered in dust.
What a great day to be thankful for being alive and able to ride.

#485 ·
A big thank you!!

Thank you.. Seriously, and in pun. I couldn't agree with Rosedale more. A HUGE WTF PEOPLE? This needs to STOP, and ASAP. I know the spots he's talking about and this is really getting out of hand. What makes you a better rider is just being erased. This is a recycled issue, but always needs to be addressed. If you KNOW of the person doing this, or are the person doing this, please stop. These are not your trails, they are OUR trails, everyone's. Don't change the trail to apply to YOU, make you apply to the trail, or move to one that is your skill level. Have respect for the trail builder - they made it the way it was, otherwise it would be like it is today.

One or more of three things need to occur if you decide on changing the trail to benefit you: 1. Walk it - no one will (or should) make fun of you because you are riding over your head or feel uncomfortable, they will thank you they don't have to pick up your lifeless body or call 911. 2. Keep trying - go back and try again, and again, and again, and if you can't make it, walk it - you suddenly got kudos for all that effort. 3. Ride with better riders - riding with people better than you only improves your skill and ability as they will help you clean sections and ride down, or up, things you never thought possible.

The lower new link trail at CB (Kibbles n Bits) has the same thing occurring. Things are moving and easy lines are being made all the time. It's CB - those trails have always been on the upper scale of technical ability, and I don't know anyone that hasn't ridden there who, in the back of their mind, thought "today is the day".

In all seriousness, a change to a trail whether making it easier or harder increases the chance of someone getting really hurt because they will not expect the line to be changed and crash hard. You've got your big hoops, just ride over the stuff, or build your skills. Just don't change it please. Please.

#489 ·
The lower new link trail at CB (Kibbles n Bits) has the same thing occurring. Things are moving and easy lines are being made all the time. It's CB - those trails have always been on the upper scale of technical ability, and I don't know anyone that hasn't ridden there who, in the back of their mind, thought "today is the day".
I rode kibbles and bits once and was very dissapointed. I need to get out there more before I totally make up my mind about it. That area has some great terrain but i didnt think that the trail had good flow (please dont missinterpret flow as high speed smooth stuff). However, dont you think that that area, especially the begining, could have multiple lines without disrupting the original trail? Its not like its well sculpted single track (which would look trashy with too many b lines).

Overall, the trail needs to see more use to get it more established. Too many catus plants and faint spots. Before anyone gets mad.....I have not made any changes to this trail...even though I wanted to at times. I would consult with the builder before doing this.

#506 · (Edited)
There's always going to be that one (insert adjective!) who can't play well with others! So he takes his ball and goes home, just to ruin the game for everyone else..!:skep:

So let's say you happen to ride a decent which you deem too steep for your riding "skills"! Do you intend on flattening it out to suit your liking??? Good luck with that...!:nonod:

Ok, I'm done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
ImaFred said:
Heres a short(crappy) video of the new climb at BB Trail....this trail is getting better all the time:thumbsup:
So, where is this trail located? I've never heard or know of that golf course. Can't really tell by the video where in the Vegas valley it is.

EDIT:

Ok, so I answered my own question. Seems like it's just a small trail that might be good to do if you live in the area and want some dirt to go with a ride around on the pavement?
Too far from my reach to do unless I happen to be in the area and feel like doing a couple miles of 'in town' hiking! Interesting to know it's there though.

#3 · (Edited)
very west side of town(west end of flamingo) theyre is Bears Best Golf Course and RRCC...at the south end of BBGC theres a service road(actually off of Town Center) blocked to vehicles but not bikes/ped. go to the end of that service road and theyre is a flood control (detention) basin....the single track starts at the very south end of the basin....
Heres a link to a thread where I posted a google map...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=663563&highlight=south+jones

#4 ·
DesertDog said:
So, where is this trail located? I've never heard or know of that golf course. Can't really tell by the video where in the Vegas valley it is.

EDIT:

Ok, so I answered my own question. Seems like it's just a small trail that might be good to do if you live in the area and want some dirt to go with a ride around on the pavement?
Too far from my reach to do unless I happen to be in the area and feel like doing a couple miles of 'in town' hiking! Interesting to know it's there though.
yes its only 5 miles of single track right now.. but it makes it easy to get a after dinner treat in.....plus the mile and a half service road is a good lil workout to:thumbsup:
...and it looks like theyre adding

#5 ·
ImaFred said:
very west side of town(west end of flamingo) theyre is Bears Best Golf Course and RRCC...at the south end of BBGC theres a service road(actually off of Town Center) blocked to vehicles but not bikes/ped. go to the end of that service road and theyre is a flood control basin....the single track starts at the very south end of the basin....
Heres a link to a thread where I posted a google map...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=663563&highlight=south+jones
Isn't these below The Cowboy Trails overview?

#7 ·
Ok I looked at the area with interest last time I was up at the Cowboy Trails overview and I sugested to DGREMNLIN to go do some exploration down there but he brought up to my attention the fact that there is a shooting range on that side of the mountains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.