Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bears Best MTB Trail

88K views 602 replies 67 participants last post by  Camaleon 
#1 · (Edited)
Bears Best MTB Trail [o]'s added

Heres a short(crappy) video of the new climb at BB Trail....this trail is getting better all the time:thumbsup:

#2 ·
ImaFred said:
Heres a short(crappy) video of the new climb at BB Trail....this trail is getting better all the time:thumbsup:
So, where is this trail located? I've never heard or know of that golf course. Can't really tell by the video where in the Vegas valley it is.

EDIT:

Ok, so I answered my own question. Seems like it's just a small trail that might be good to do if you live in the area and want some dirt to go with a ride around on the pavement?
Too far from my reach to do unless I happen to be in the area and feel like doing a couple miles of 'in town' hiking! Interesting to know it's there though.

#3 · (Edited)
very west side of town(west end of flamingo) theyre is Bears Best Golf Course and RRCC...at the south end of BBGC theres a service road(actually off of Town Center) blocked to vehicles but not bikes/ped. go to the end of that service road and theyre is a flood control (detention) basin....the single track starts at the very south end of the basin....
Heres a link to a thread where I posted a google map...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=663563&highlight=south+jones

#4 ·
DesertDog said:
So, where is this trail located? I've never heard or know of that golf course. Can't really tell by the video where in the Vegas valley it is.

EDIT:

Ok, so I answered my own question. Seems like it's just a small trail that might be good to do if you live in the area and want some dirt to go with a ride around on the pavement?
Too far from my reach to do unless I happen to be in the area and feel like doing a couple miles of 'in town' hiking! Interesting to know it's there though.
yes its only 5 miles of single track right now.. but it makes it easy to get a after dinner treat in.....plus the mile and a half service road is a good lil workout to:thumbsup:
...and it looks like theyre adding

#5 ·
ImaFred said:
very west side of town(west end of flamingo) theyre is Bears Best Golf Course and RRCC...at the south end of BBGC theres a service road(actually off of Town Center) blocked to vehicles but not bikes/ped. go to the end of that service road and theyre is a flood control basin....the single track starts at the very south end of the basin....
Heres a link to a thread where I posted a google map...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=663563&highlight=south+jones
Isn't these below The Cowboy Trails overview?

#7 ·
Ok I looked at the area with interest last time I was up at the Cowboy Trails overview and I sugested to DGREMNLIN to go do some exploration down there but he brought up to my attention the fact that there is a shooting range on that side of the mountains.

#14 ·
215 to town center exit in Summerlin go south on TC past the stop sign/light at Flamingo Rd, they're is a condo project on the west side of TC (your right) just as you pass it they're is a paved service road(blocked to auto) park there and ride up the service road to the gravel rd follow it around left to the cul de sac at the south end of the detention basin and drop in to the basin you'll see the trail from there(rock cairns) it heads westerly out of the southern end of the basin ... Right now it's a out and back singletrack unless you use the jeep road at the end.

#17 ·
lokomonkey said:
....I would just recommend, to park across the street, at RC willey, I live in the neighborhood, and the security guards can be a pest.....
Really???... I've never seen a security guard even come by, let alone stop.... Summerlin? Bears Best security? Sienna?.... As far as I know that road is service for snwa or regional flood control... There's no signs saying you can't be there and probably a 100 peeps a day walk they're dogs there( just look at all the feces in the first 150yrds)

#18 ·
ImaFred said:
Really???... I've never seen a security guard even come by, let alone stop.... Summerlin? Bears Best security? Sienna?.... As far as I know that road is service for snwa or regional flood control... There's no signs saying you can't be there and probably a 100 peeps a day walk they're dogs there( just look at all the feces in the first 150yrds)
Really?? because at the end of that wall, there is a 'gated' community on the right side (not siena) right next to the golf course, so what is going to happened when that people starts feeling that "their gate" is not working? or when the 'snwa truck' can't get in or out because of a bunch of cars blocking the entry?

100 peps a daywalk they're dogs? but they probably come from siena, or surroundings, walking, not parking there.....

I'm just saying to be smart, and avoid a possible conflict before it becomes a problem....and RC willey is just across the street.....

#19 ·
Listen no reason to get snippy... I was asking really? As in who do you see? a genuine question...( I've ridden on that road since before it was a road and haven't seen any security that's why my surprise)
and I don't disagree with your thinking at all.... on access
So simmer the f!!! down

#24 ·
ImaFred said:
Nevermind all this jibberjabber... I'm going riding....
I'm sorry men, we got this wrong, we missed the point. what is important, is to keep those trails open for us; The mountain bikers, that's it. It would be sad that we get the boot, just because a "soccer mom" or a pissed off worker from snwd complains about it...we are in same team here, enjoy the trail!

#26 ·
ImaFred said:
Agreed:thumbsup: important thing is to just go ride it so it gets packed in...
are you the one building that trail? if so, awesome job! I like it better on the way back, better flow, but either way is really good. two things that would make it perfect; 1)bigger berms, I notice, specially on the lower grounds, there are few berms, but I did not used them, afraid that they would not hold, and it would add so much to the flow and speed....2) more drops and jumps, maybe even the 'option' of jump or not... but I am impressed with that trail, if you need help building, I would like to help, so let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.