Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Also just because someone claims to have built the trail does not mean its its the case, I helped build a lot of that trail IMAFred and DesertDog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Yea,I listen to Five Finger Death Punch "100 Ways to hate you"

And your a FVCKING LIAR !!!!!!!

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Kenny, don't even waste your time with this fool!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

\m/ \m/
    I rode BBT for the first time a few days ago and I got to say what a great trail system!!!!
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anyone know how much further they are going to scrape (pave?) the road near the flood basin?

Also - anyone know why rocks (and broom?!?) were added and just as quickly removed in the last few days to the trails? Didn't know if someone was setting up a course for a race or something? Just ended up rolling over what appeared to be blocked off sections to do my thing on the trail anyway.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mdk89135 View Post
    Anyone know how much further they are going to scrape (pave?) the road near the flood basin?

Also - anyone know why rocks (and broom?!?) were added and just as quickly removed in the last few days to the trails? Didn't know if someone was setting up a course for a race or something? Just ended up rolling over what appeared to be blocked off sections to do my thing on the trail anyway.
    do you have any pics of this?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sorry, didn't think to stop and take pics.

Didn't even see the broom out there today. It was placed to block off the second half of the original trail. I didn't really see any directional or blocking rocks out there today, either except at the end of aydenator, but I wasn't sure if they had always been there.

I'll ride the trail again tomorrow to see what's up and snap some pics if anything seems out of place.

mtbr member
    Don't think they'll ever pave any further and I don't think the rocks &broom are anything to be concerned about either.

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

mtbr member
    I drove by "the gate" where we have been parking and noticed that they have placed about 10 "NO PARKING" signs.
    So PLEASE don't park there.
    There is always RC Wileys OR may I suggest Mesa Park. It's less than a mile farther down Town Center, just past Tropicana.
    You can start there and not ride ANY pavement. You'll ride dirt up to the Flood Basin,down it to the road then right into the wash that Dos Amigos empties into.
    You can either climb up DOS, or take G-MONEY southbound.
    It will not only give you a new route but a parking lot,Bathrooms& water.
    Last edited by knoob; 08-24-2012 at 12:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    I drove by "the gate" where we have been parking and noticed that they have placed about 10 "NO PARKING" signs.
    So PLEASE don't park there.
    There is always RC Wileys OR may I suggest Mesa Park. It's less than a mile farther down Town Center, just past Tropicana.
    You can start there and not ride ANY pavement. You'll ride dirt up to the Flood Basin,down it to the road then right into the wash that Dos Amigos empties into.
    You can either climb up DOS, or take G-MONEY southbound.
    It will not only give you a new route but a parking lot,Bathrooms& water.
    maybe we should cut some single track from mesa park to the bottom of g money and dos amigos.....

Big B's Trails
    Soon(relative term) there should be a paved road, parking & bathrooms right at the bottom of that detention basin if the county gets their project in gear
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That would rock. I was out there today and had a great ride. Wow how it's changed in 3 months. We need to get the weenies off the trail. It's sad to see all the bypasses becoming the main routes.

Also, when did they get rid of the stanchions at the entrance to the service road?
    Last edited by AntagonistHero; 08-29-2012 at 07:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just picked up my first mountain bike 2 months ago, and just wanted to come on here and say THANK YOU for building these amazing trails. I enjoy it more and more each time i go out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    just read the whole tread and it just make me more stoked to move back to vegas i been riding out here in el paso , its a good time but i just spent time watching your guy videos and pics and it looks sick cant wait to ride it

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Bears Best Parking

OK..So I'm brand new here and pretty brand new to MTB. What I am about to query here is likely to be unpopular. I rode Bears Best yesterday and it's F'n great! Thanks to whoever worked to put these trails up. I have been here twice before: Once to check it out, Once to ride. All three time the poles that would block the "Gate" are not up allowing vehicle access to the paved road back to the start at the cement wash. There are no signs saying I should not enter...I see this as an open invitation. I drive my truck to the start of the trail and park in a spot in the dirt parking area. Had a bunch of fun riding then leave. Is this wrong? Should I not drive my truck back into that area? In my mind it is much better than parking at the small "Gate" area. There is plenty of room to park vehicles in past the pavement. Just asking...am I not with the program.
    Last edited by 702Biff; 12-10-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: To be more clear

mtbr member
    DO NOT GO PAST THE POLES!!!!

You ARE NOT an authorized vehicle.

Those are only down to allow them(county) access to do repairs to the flood basins and channels.

You could find yourself locked in!

If you do park there,street side of the poles,stay to one side so if needed they could access it.

You can park at either RcWiley's or better yet at Mesa Park. It's just a little further down Town Center.
    From Mesa you don't have to ride ANY pavement.

Welcome.....enjoy the trails, but please don't go past the poles.

Kenny

mtbr member
    I kinda figured I shouldn't drive in there. I'll ride in for now on. Thanks for the reply. I've been reading posts here and disagree with anyone making changes to the trails. I have only been riding for several months and can make most of the challenges out there...and appreciate the ones I can't (for now). My Girlfriend can make a lot of the challenges out there and rides less than me. Any Gumby that feels the need to make it easier or safer should stay home and ride the culdesac. Kudos to the trail builders out there and pray they never start building homes in that area.

The Hutch
    Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    DO NOT GO PAST THE POLES!!!!

You ARE NOT an authorized vehicle.

Those are only down to allow them(county) access to do repairs to the flood basins and channels.

You could find yourself locked in!

If you do park there,street side of the poles,stay to one side so if needed they could access it.

You can park at either RcWiley's or better yet at Mesa Park. It's just a little further down Town Center.
    From Mesa you don't have to ride ANY pavement.

Welcome.....enjoy the trails, but please don't go past the poles.

Kenny
    You can also Park at the New Las Vegas Cyclery
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

mtbr member
    I was out at Bears Best on Christmas Day with my GF and have four things to note:

1) Had a great ride once again.

2) The poles that were removable for those that chose to drive in are now not removable without a key. No more questions on that subject.

3) Some riders have been leaving tubes along side the trail - c'mon children, pick up after yourselves.

4) Some goober was out "cleaning" the trail with a rake. He was not only brushing aside loose rocks on the trail but removing embedded rock as well. Being new to this sport I was unsure what to do (Perhaps it is one of the trail developers doing routine maintenance?). In hindsight I think it was just some wannabe trail guru (Vegas29er4Life?) causing damage to an otherwise great trail. By removing embedded rock it causes further erosion to the trail only to expose more embedded rock after a few rains. You can dig down a 100' - there will still be embedded rock. By removing material from the trail you are causing trenching which I noticed is already worsened by your "improvements" and will surely accelerate with future rainfalls. I'm a noob to MTB and am sure your vast knowledge of trail building and maintenance far surpasses my own. But I do have a solid understanding of natural resource ethics. As well I have a great appreciation of the natural terrain in our area. I believe I can speak for the majority when I say leave the trail alone. The next time I see you out digging at the trail I won't refrain from having a one on one with you about this. I will as well post a picture of you on this forum for others to laugh at.
    Last edited by 702Biff; 12-26-2012 at 12:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 702Biff View Post
    I was out at Bears Best on Christmas Day with my GF and have four things to note:

Some wannabe (Vegas29er4Life?) I will as well post a picture of you on this forum for others to laugh at.
    Please.....please do!

I also noticed a couple pvssy go around lines that I blocked off were unblocked. I re-blocked em.

Learn to ride or walk em!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

BB at night

Nice trail. After talking with someone about trail at work I decided to try it out and well done for the builders. Lots of fun and has a good mix of rolling/mild tech/speed. Great views of the city at night as well.

mtbr member
    I'm driving down from St. George tomorrow and would like to ride this or any other trail down there.
    I will be leaving early in the morning so if there is anyone that wants to show me this trail, just let me know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 702Biff View Post
    Some goober was out "cleaning" the trail with a rake. I believe I can speak for the majority when I say leave the trail alone.
    I'm sort of disappointed - was hoping to invoke a response from someone explaining their actions. After all...you had the balls to do the deed, why not stand up & defend?

mtbr member
    Just did this trail the past two days. Totally fun! Reminds me of some of the trails in Loma/Kokopelli in Fruita... Good job guys!

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast