Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas29er4Life View Post
    While most of us on here have been riding for many of years we need to also promote newbies by cleaning trails. The clean trails will provide a nice ride for newbs and a faster trail for those of us that like to lay down the hammer.
    Dude, "surely you can't be serious???"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bears Best MTB Trail-leslie_nielsen.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I do not mind people developing a so called "FLOW", but lets face it a nice smooth trail is a lot less dangerous and more fun for even the newest of riders. While most of us on here have been riding for many of years we need to also promote newbies by cleaning trails. The clean trails will provide a nice ride for newbs and a faster trail for those of us that like to lay down the hammer. So you say BUILD THEM well I am and I hope I can get some help out there getting some of those nasty rocks off the trail, dig em up and move em out. For those that like the rocks well they can ride along the side of the trail and go through all of my moved rocks.
    If you need smooth easy trails, go to late night, live the hard trails the way they are, that will make you a better rider, not just a poser with the latest 29er, besides isn't it the whole point of riding a 29? It goes easier over obstacles?

E !

troll..

good reason to start BBT thread V2.
    This MUST be a joke?
    the - E - dog

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by E ! View Post
    good reason to start BBT thread V2.
    This MUST be a joke?
    Troll, no feed

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

A joke?

Sorry if I a few peeps see things differently than I do. I have been reading these thread for many of years and never posted because nothing has caught my attention as much as this specific one. What the heck so just because someone has a different opinion than a few of you guys I am now a troll and a jerk, typical most people always use appeal to the stick arguments probably mostly uneducated peeps, well I have an education and know how to ride a bike so I will continue to ride and educate people, in the mean time those that want to help me clear trail will and those that wont will reap the benefits of us doing so.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    There's always going to be that one (insert adjective!) who can't play well with others! So he takes his ball and goes home, just to ruin the game for everyone else..!

So let's say you happen to ride a decent which you deem too steep for your riding "skills"! Do you intend on flattening it out to suit your liking??? Good luck with that...!

Ok, I'm done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DDDonny; 07-12-2012 at 07:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Despite all this talk of dumbing down, I found the little "up" after descending beginning hill (Heart Attack,I think), when traveling clockwise, to be MORE DIFFICULT, as this had been modified. Had to change my line on the fly due to missing rocks at bottom of ramp. Other than that and the psychological boost I had when riding the "modified " ledge counterclockwise (which was psychologically sketchy before), I didn't see much change. I do agree that the 29erForLife guy should leave changes to builders, or buy a road bike.
    These trail builders have greatly improved Vegas mtnbiking by creating this urban trail. Again my hat is off to the BBT buildeers!
    Now if they could install a giant fan....and temp controlled dome...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Cool-blue Rhythm The definition of forums

Troll

Main article: Troll (Internet)

Forum trolls are users that repeatedly and deliberately breach the netiquette of an established online community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules and policies, and with that the patience of the forum staff. Their provocative behavior may potentially start flame wars (see below) or other disturbances. Responding to a troll's provocations is commonly known as 'feeding the troll' and is generally discouraged, as it can encourage their disruptive behavior

This is the definition of a Troll, well that and some of the women I have seen when the lights go on in the strip club. I am not going off topic, or being inflammatory or extraneous, I was merely posting my views of this trail and how I would like it to be in the near future . As for the Obstacle that WingForward was speaking of I would never go Up that I just hop it going down. Look peeps give me a break I am just trying to make one trail better for the masses.

mtbr member
    I think the message is "WE" like the trail as is. Some of us have been riding it from day 1.
    "WE" would ask that you not modify it to your liking, but listen to the "Community" i.e. EVERYONE that rides it,i.e.WE.
    It would seem at this point the community members who have expressed their views do not agree with your view point.
    It is a community built trail that we prefer to be left as is.

Thank you for your input and enjoy this "community" trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    For those that like the rocks well they can ride along the side of the trail and go through all of my moved rocks.
    Please dont let me see you out there doing this on the BBT or any other established trail that YOU did not build. NOONE would consider this trail improvement.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I like riding over rocks. Makes it more fun.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Yes bootleg is a fun downhill

I often drive up to bootleg but it is entirely too far to go all of the time for some speed riding, I go up there during interbike as well. If any of you have not been to interbike you should try and get some tickets it is well worth the effort. The only bad thing is you get a lot of peeps from other places that do not know the trails up there and it gets dangerous. We need a speed trail closer to Vegas and I am not completely changing the Dos Amigos, rather just modifing it a bit to make it more speed compatable, there will still be the usual obstacles, just minus a few rocks here and there. I think when I get done many of you will want to sit down and enjoy a beer with me I'm sure. (p.s.) I know most of you are scared of change and they should rename the trail iBBT so the sheep can stay status quo for all of the iPEOPLE.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I often drive up to bootleg but it is entirely too far to go all of the time for some speed riding, I go up there during interbike as well. If any of you have not been to interbike you should try and get some tickets it is well worth the effort. The only bad thing is you get a lot of peeps from other places that do not know the trails up there and it gets dangerous. We need a speed trail closer to Vegas and I am not completely changing the Dos Amigos, rather just modifing it a bit to make it more speed compatable, there will still be the usual obstacles, just minus a few rocks here and there. I think when I get done many of you will want to sit down and enjoy a beer with me I'm sure. (p.s.) I know most of you are scared of change and they should rename the trail iBBT so the sheep can stay status quo for all of the iPEOPLE.
    youve got a 29er...those things roll over everything right???? how fast do you plan on going? and its not like its that long, any faster and you'll be down it way too fast and have to climb out again. Why dont you do up the mountain and make a trail there....that would serve much better.....

CAMBr Trail Crew

Clueless..!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Yes 29er rolls over everything

Yes 29er's roll over everything, but a lot of people have been switching to the 650B which are not good for rocks and some of the obstacles bcall. Is anyone doing cottonwood saturday?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Yes 29er's roll over everything, but a lot of people have been switching to the 650B which are not good for rocks and some of the obstacles bcall. Is anyone doing cottonwood saturday?
    I guess you are right.....the last time that I was out on the BBT my 26inch bike started smoking like it was ready to spontaneously combust. It was probably the fact that I was going over 20mph down Dos Amigos (which is not a speed trail, 20mph is way too fast for that trail under its current condition) and had to dodge all of those rocks. The bike obviously didnít like it and was trying to tell me something. Come to think of it, this thread has made me realize that I should buy a road bike and stick to the pavement.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    hahaha so stupid is kind of funny........

Viva la Vida!
    I hope that you are also well aware that riding with out a helmet will also make YOU smarter and faster Vegas29
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    optimal conditions now, pack 'er down!

Proud American
    I rode Bear today for first Tim in a long time. It was superb! I'm gonna ride it more often.

Big B's Trails
    I will say this to you only one time.... Not a threat, more of a warning shot across your bow.... Do not let me catch "you" altering the trail you will not like the way I act when it happens, countless hours of blood, sweat, and yes beers went into making this system( none of them by you, I know this for a FACT) and I and others are a bit protective of it.... Take it for what it is ....and if you want to see how to ride it fast ...I'd be more than happy to show you!
    I dig dirt!

Explore More
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    I will say this to you only one time.... Not a threat, more of a warning shot across your bow.... Do not let me catch "you" altering the trail you will not like the way I act when it happens, countless hours of blood, sweat, and yes beers went into making this system( none of them by you, I know this for a FACT) and I and others are a bit protective of it.... Take it for what it is ....and if you want to see how to ride it fast ...I'd be more than happy to show you!

Now that the trailbuilder has spoken...JUST LEAVE THE TRAILS AS THEY BE!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
    Now that the trailbuilder has spoken...JUST LEAVE THE TRAILS AS THEY BE!
    ..........and he is not alone!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Let me know if you need a wingman!!

BTW, trail was awesome after the rains!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Me too I love dirt so quit packing it down . Nothing better than speeding down a loose fast trail without rocks. Does anyone listen to some tunes like me while they ride? If so list yo bands. Me I like Audioslave and Korn.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast