Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 603
  1. #476
    Viva la Vida!
    Reputation: Camaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    828

    The Bear's Best just keeps getting better

    The new fountain and yacuzzi at the Bear's Best
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bears Best MTB Trail-bbt3.jpg  

    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

  2. #477
    mtbr member
    Reputation: knoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Cool.... Now we can have a good soak after our ride tomorrow evening

    Sent using BOTH my thumbs

  3. #478
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    86
    Awesome pic...I went jus to find the trail head and this was goin.on...never a boring moment in vegas lol...

  4. #479
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    201
    lots of crutches on the trails today, someone has been busy erasing many moderate technical challenges, actually, what was is gone. not cool. not to mention trail cutting short cuts are now used as much as the parent trails. the people whose personality favors the easy way prevails? yes, it happens all over and has been forever, I just thought that this trail might be different.

  5. #480
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by RosedaleReaper View Post
    lots of crutches on the trails today, someone has been busy erasing many moderate technical challenges, actually, what was is gone. not cool. not to mention trail cutting short cuts are now used as much as the parent trails. the people whose personality favors the easy way prevails? yes, it happens all over and has been forever, I just thought that this trail might be different.
    I have noticed the short cuts for sure but I can't remember any crutches.....what were some of the trail modifications that you saw?

  6. #481
    Big B's Trails
    Reputation: ImaFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,719
    Sadly, it's a trend in our society to take the easy way out now.
    I dig dirt!

  7. #482
    CAMBr Trail Crew
    Reputation: DDDonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    434
    That sucks!

  8. #483
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    717
    i have not been out there for a few months until today.
    I saw some new trail stuff and stuck to what I know
    I like a lil challenge.
    I felt like Pele getting off the bike and kicking big rocks
    off the main trails and a farmer once in while picking up
    trail blocking rocks.
    Still felt like a little kid riding over the bridges, lower legs and
    socks covered in dust. Bike covered in dust.
    What a great day to be thankful for being alive and able to ride.
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

  9. #484
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by bcall8 View Post
    I have noticed the short cuts for sure but I can't remember any crutches.....what were some of the trail modifications that you saw?
    the last 1/4 or so, heading out on "2 friends", after the tight down hills switch backish turns, then up rock formation, where normally one would need to get the front up to clear, maintain balance and weight distribution, and get back on the power to clean it. not overly difficult, but still keeps u sharp. now, there is no step to clear; challenge lost. the tight left rock ledge has been modified, not as narrow, but more of a psychological benefit for those who apparently need it. there are more.

  10. #485
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sugardare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    77

    A big thank you!!

    Thank you.. Seriously, and in pun. I couldn't agree with Rosedale more. A HUGE WTF PEOPLE? This needs to STOP, and ASAP. I know the spots he's talking about and this is really getting out of hand. What makes you a better rider is just being erased. This is a recycled issue, but always needs to be addressed. If you KNOW of the person doing this, or are the person doing this, please stop. These are not your trails, they are OUR trails, everyone's. Don't change the trail to apply to YOU, make you apply to the trail, or move to one that is your skill level. Have respect for the trail builder - they made it the way it was, otherwise it would be like it is today.

    One or more of three things need to occur if you decide on changing the trail to benefit you: 1. Walk it - no one will (or should) make fun of you because you are riding over your head or feel uncomfortable, they will thank you they don't have to pick up your lifeless body or call 911. 2. Keep trying - go back and try again, and again, and again, and if you can't make it, walk it - you suddenly got kudos for all that effort. 3. Ride with better riders - riding with people better than you only improves your skill and ability as they will help you clean sections and ride down, or up, things you never thought possible.

    The lower new link trail at CB (Kibbles n Bits) has the same thing occurring. Things are moving and easy lines are being made all the time. It's CB - those trails have always been on the upper scale of technical ability, and I don't know anyone that hasn't ridden there who, in the back of their mind, thought "today is the day".

    In all seriousness, a change to a trail whether making it easier or harder increases the chance of someone getting really hurt because they will not expect the line to be changed and crash hard. You've got your big hoops, just ride over the stuff, or build your skills. Just don't change it please. Please.

  11. #486
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    201
    rode kibbles and bits once, on the way down; pure sickness. it is little known, surprised that a newb is modifying it. at least, its too rough for the equines, but i also thought that cat in the hat was too rough; not anymore, its been destroyed by the hoof.

    i guess ill be moving the malplaced rocks and ramps at the BBT. the rock ledge mod ill leave alone.

  12. #487
    Big B's Trails
    Reputation: ImaFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by RosedaleReaper View Post

    i guess ill be moving the malplaced rocks and ramps at the BBT. the rock ledge mod ill leave alone.
    Could you PM me with pics of your areas of concern, before you work on it?
    I dig dirt!

  13. #488
    CAMBr Trail Crew
    Reputation: DDDonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    434
    It sucks that there was really nothing at the BBT that was way overly technical for one to ride! I haven't been to the BBT in over a month, but at least I got to ride the trail in its original pristine "AWESOME" condition before the trail wussies got their hands on it! Looks like I'm gonna have to pay a visit to see the "dumbing down" first hand...!

    It only takes a few to ruin it for all...!



    Following B-Money on my first trip around the ledge... I ate it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bears Best MTB Trail-ledge.jpg  


  14. #489
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by sugardare View Post
    The lower new link trail at CB (Kibbles n Bits) has the same thing occurring. Things are moving and easy lines are being made all the time. It's CB - those trails have always been on the upper scale of technical ability, and I don't know anyone that hasn't ridden there who, in the back of their mind, thought "today is the day".
    I rode kibbles and bits once and was very dissapointed. I need to get out there more before I totally make up my mind about it. That area has some great terrain but i didnt think that the trail had good flow (please dont missinterpret flow as high speed smooth stuff). However, dont you think that that area, especially the begining, could have multiple lines without disrupting the original trail? Its not like its well sculpted single track (which would look trashy with too many b lines).

    Overall, the trail needs to see more use to get it more established. Too many catus plants and faint spots. Before anyone gets mad.....I have not made any changes to this trail...even though I wanted to at times. I would consult with the builder before doing this.

  15. #490
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    Could you PM me with pics of your areas of concern, before you work on it?
    big bee, im not going to work on it or modify anything. the only thing that i would and may do is move the rocks that have been placed for the purpose of making the original "obstacles" easy. i dont really care about the changes to the rock ledge other than it being a change from the original. im sure you know all that has been changed, including the shortcuts. PM me if you want some help with maintenance, i ride it enough to give something back.

  16. #491
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sugardare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by bcall8 View Post
    I rode kibbles and bits once and was very dissapointed. I need to get out there more before I totally make up my mind about it. That area has some great terrain but i didnt think that the trail had good flow (please dont missinterpret flow as high speed smooth stuff). However, dont you think that that area, especially the begining, could have multiple lines without disrupting the original trail? Its not like its well sculpted single track (which would look trashy with too many b lines).

    Overall, the trail needs to see more use to get it more established. Too many catus plants and faint spots. Before anyone gets mad.....I have not made any changes to this trail...even though I wanted to at times. I would consult with the builder before doing this.
    Thanks for not moving anything, that's cool of you. If anyone remembers CB years ago, it wasn't as established as it is today, so yes, over time, KnB will be more ridden in and established, but it is getting there already. The guys did such as good job at BB that I don't think anything needs to be changed - just lengthened!! (keep going boys!)

    PS: New thread needs to be started....

  17. #492
    Viva la Vida!
    Reputation: Camaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    i have not been out there for a few months until today.
    I saw some new trail stuff and stuck to what I know
    I like a lil challenge.
    I felt like Pele getting off the bike and kicking big rocks
    off the main trails and a farmer once in while picking up
    trail blocking rocks.
    Still felt like a little kid riding over the bridges, lower legs and
    socks covered in dust. Bike covered in dust.
    What a great day to be thankful for being alive and able to ride.
    That's the attitude Mr D!
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

  18. #493
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Made my 3rd BBT ride today and realized the trail is now a big loop if you want it to be. I did:

    Gravel Grinder -> OG -> Skyline -> Slick Willie -> Tres Bridges -> Dos Amigos (which now loops back to bridges) -> Boner -> Heart Attack

    Perfect early morning ride - thanks to the trail masters!

  19. #494
    CAMBr Trail Crew
    Reputation: DDDonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    434
    I took one more ride on the BBT this morning. Man, I love this trail! Although, it does look like some motos have been givin' it some lovin' too in some areas...!

    Anyway, thanks B-Money (and the other trail masters!) for giving us such an awesome place to ride...!

  20. #495
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigHit-Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    652
    I cant stand weiner riders that dumb down a trail.

    The BBT is an awesome trail that needs to be left as it is.

    If you can't ride the trail, go hone your skills in your back yard or at the playground, then come back and ride with those of us that enjoy a real challenge.

    I'd like to see these weiners ride some of the trails in Moab, UT. Their butt puckering would make me laugh hysterically.
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

  21. #496
    Prone To Internet Drama
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDonny View Post
    I took one more ride on the BBT this morning. Man, I love this trail! Although, it does look like some motos have been givin' it some lovin' too in some areas...!

    Anyway, thanks B-Money (and the other trail masters!) for giving us such an awesome place to ride...!
    Last time I was there I noticed that motorcycle/s had been out there and had messed up some of the trails. I hope this doesn't become a trend, that's pretty much what killed the Union Trails. Hours and hours of hard trail work, some punk throttle-twister undoes it all in a few minutes. Pisses me off!

  22. #497
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9

    We need more speed trails please.

    Quote Originally Posted by RosedaleReaper View Post
    the last 1/4 or so, heading out on "2 friends", after the tight down hills switch backish turns, then up rock formation, where normally one would need to get the front up to clear, maintain balance and weight distribution, and get back on the power to clean it. not overly difficult, but still keeps u sharp. now, there is no step to clear; challenge lost. the tight left rock ledge has been modified, not as narrow, but more of a psychological benefit for those who apparently need it. there are more.
    Well I do believe the trail is called Dos Amigos, anywho I am trying to get most of the rocks and debris off the trail so I can go asa fast as I want without worrying about someones motorcycle tire causeing a loose rock in the trail etc. So next time anyone is out there and need a break feel free to take the time and clear out a small section of the trail. C'mon peeps lets make some more speed trails.

  23. #498
    Young, Shawn Young
    Reputation: Redmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas29er4Life View Post
    Well I do believe the trail is called Dos Amigos, anywho I am trying to get most of the rocks and debris off the trail so I can go asa fast as I want without worrying about someones motorcycle tire causeing a loose rock in the trail etc. So next time anyone is out there and need a break feel free to take the time and clear out a small section of the trail. C'mon peeps lets make some more speed trails.
    If you want speed why dont you hit DH trails at Bootleg? I m not sure but I dont think the builders of BBT had SPEED in mind. More like FLOW if you ask me, I have nothing against guys that want to ride fast, I just think this trail system was built with something else in mind
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

    Dont make me be the bad guy...

    Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

  24. #499
    mtbr member
    Reputation: knoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas29er4Life View Post
    Well I do believe the trail is called Dos Amigos, anywho I am trying to get most of the rocks and debris off the trail so I can go asa fast as I want without worrying about someones motorcycle tire causeing a loose rock in the trail etc. So next time anyone is out there and need a break feel free to take the time and clear out a small section of the trail. C'mon peeps lets make some more speed trails.
    I can go as fast as I'm capable of the way the trail is now ! ! !

    If you want to clean the LARGER rocks that get kicked down into the tread that's cool.

    But DO NOT REMOVE ANY EMBEDDED ANYTHING ! ! !

    I believe Redmon is correct when he says it about FLOW , if you learn to flow, the speed will follow.

    There's already been to much PUSSIFICATION done out there.

    I ENJOY when a trail has sections that I don't clean on the 1st or 7th attempt !

    It gives you something to challenge yourself on.

    So if you want "speed trails" BUILD THEM or ride whats out there,but

    DON"T FVCK WITH BBT ! ! !

  25. #500
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9

    Well I am Building something special for all levels of riders

    Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    I can go as fast as I'm capable of the way the trail is now ! ! !

    If you want to clean the LARGER rocks that get kicked down into the tread that's cool.

    But DO NOT REMOVE ANY EMBEDDED ANYTHING ! ! !

    I believe Redmon is correct when he says it about FLOW , if you learn to flow, the speed will follow.

    There's already been to much PUSSIFICATION done out there.

    I ENJOY when a trail has sections that I don't clean on the 1st or 7th attempt !

    It gives you something to challenge yourself on.

    So if you want "speed trails" BUILD THEM or ride whats out there,but

    DON"T FVCK WITH BBT ! ! !
    I do not mind people developing a so called "FLOW", but lets face it a nice smooth trail is a lot less dangerous and more fun for even the newest of riders. While most of us on here have been riding for many of years we need to also promote newbies by cleaning trails. The clean trails will provide a nice ride for newbs and a faster trail for those of us that like to lay down the hammer. So you say BUILD THEM well I am and I hope I can get some help out there getting some of those nasty rocks off the trail, dig em up and move em out. For those that like the rocks well they can ride along the side of the trail and go through all of my moved rocks.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •