Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by RosedaleReaper View Post
    dont have any maps to post, ill ask the guy i went with. the gas line road eventually leads to a three way split; we took the middle one. kept climbing, lead to the processing plant. we crossed 159 and a little HAB and ended up in cottowood, eventually got on 159 and on the road, to the RR campground, over a few gates and back to BB/retention basin. 30mi

That's cool! Other than the BBT trail itself, I'm not sure of the gas line road you're speaking of. Anyway, I'll just have to round-up my riding posse' and do some exploring.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDonny View Post
    That's cool! Other than the BBT trail itself, I'm not sure of the gas line road you're speaking of. Anyway, I'll just have to round-up my riding posse' and do some exploring.
    take the "dos amigos" trail as far as you can, through a gravely wash, and you will end up on a dirt road/double track. you can see where shooters shoot. from there, head south west, in the direction of the processing plant. you will see natural gas line markers on the right for much of the way. from the RR camp ground, just follow the double track in the direction of the ridges/BB. if we didnt get lost, no one should.

Big B's Trails
    This ^^^ loop is very fun, throw the mine climb in and descend cowboy trails for a real all day adventure
    I dig dirt!

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    This ^^^ loop is very fun, throw the mine climb in and descend cowboy trails for a real all day adventure

So, looking at that file it looks like you climb to the mine and then have to turn around? Is it gated up there?
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Big B's Trails
    We don't, we descend cowboy after climbing the road to the mine
    Last edited by ImaFred; 02-21-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    I dig dirt!

Viva la Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon View Post
    So, looking at that file it looks like you climb to the mine and then have to turn around? Is it gated up there?
    That file it's just a simple example of all the trails out there I was there all by myself just riding along for fun there are so many other options that I could have taken to climb closer to the mountains and so many other ways to get back as well.
    There are some fences that you might have to cross but the gates are gone or wide open so I took that as an invitation to ride in .

Just get out there and ride around.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    we thought about that, but i was in no mood to climb that road, it must average 10%. next time.....

Big B's Trails
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nice map, I don't suppose you have a slightly larger version? It's hard to read the labels on this one.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    SWEET! You added G$$ on to the map, and great choice for color!

CAMBr Trail Crew
    How's this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bears Best MTB Trail-bbt-l.jpg  

mtbr member
    Is ridgerunner by the parking poles were some of us park?
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Yes it comes down that ridge above the road.
    I ride it down to the sidewalk,cuz the last little pitch is off-camber,and I get that last little spike of adrenline

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

... and if we just ...

THANKS ImaFred!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Heading out this after to do Tres Bridges, Dos Amigos and the new G Money.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by airkev View Post
    Heading out this after to do Tres Bridges, Dos Amigos and the new G Money.

What time did ya make it out there? Dub Niner, Hk_Wrex, and I rode there from 11 - 1...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    What time did ya make it out there? Dub Niner, Hk_Wrex, and I rode there from 11 - 1...
    I was out there from 2-4 riding and then til 5 exploring the fire roads around the south water basin where Dos Amigos ends and connects to GMoney looking for a possible road to 4x4 shuttle back to base of Boner.

GMoney would be sweet downhill. Nothing really technical and long sweeping high speed switchbacks. Unfortunately I entered it from the end of Dos Amigos and it was all mostly uphill.The backside of Dos Amigos down was good.

Next time Im cutting up Boner and then DOWN GMoney. I usually 4x4 up the wash and park at the bottom of Heart Attack Hill and that's right where Boner ends.

red Ibex hardtail.
    98 blue 4Runner.

Viva la Vida!
    All You should know by now that after the rain is time to ride The Bear's!
    See you out there. ;-)
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

Explore More
    Should have done this much earlier, but...

Here are links to both the GPX and KML versions of track files for the BBT trails. They all match the attached image. For now, there are four tracks, 500 points or less each. So, they should load up properly on any device.

I'll eventually break these down into individual tracks for each trail. But, enjoy these for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bears Best MTB Trail-bbtmap.jpg  

Explore More

It was worth the wait!

I planned to go to UT and do a GV/Santa Clara/Stucki, Gooseberry, and Gould/Jem/Hurricane weekend, but I woke up on Friday and the legs were feeling bad and the body just felt tired. So, I canned the road trip and decided it just might be better to stay home, ride the local trails and watch hockey(Stanley Cup playoffs) all weekend.

Now, Saturday will be a trip out to Cottonwood and Sunday will be some ride-from-home Anthem trails. But...

Went out and rode the BBT system for the first time on Friday. First time? I know. Been waiting for a finishing and lenghtening of the loop with Dos and G! And, just needed to have a day that I felt like driving over there from Anthem.

First, gotta say 'Thank You!' and give props for some damn well done trails for whoever did the trail building!

Only complaint is that there aren't enough miles of ST!

Yes, these trails were built primarily for mountain biking. And, even though there may be a few uphill, and for some even downhill, obstacles that may require a quick cyclocross-style portage or simple HAB:

-Every uphill grade is rideable.

-Every switchback or graded turn is rideable, up or down, without having to skid, rut or loosen the track.

-So many banked turns to wish you knew the trail so much more intimately! Same can be said of the simply 'smoother' sections too!

-Air Time! As stated above, for those who know, you know!

-Plenty enough tech: You won't fall asleep and your upper body will get some work if you actually ride it!

-The bridges are all solid!

-The 'wash' areas, think Slick and Dos, are doable up or down. Kept waiting to find that 'ledge' area on Dos. That's a fun little section from there on down a while!

-Some great views of the city.

-Nice variations on exposure levels.

-Great use of the available terrain.

If there were more miles of similar trails out there, the BBT system might just be the premiere trail system of Vegas!

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post

If there were more miles of similar trails out there, the BBT system might just be the premiere trail system of Vegas!
    Great write-up, D-Dog! I totally agree, but for what the BBT lacks in mileage, it certainly makes up for in overall fun factor! Big PROPS to the trail gnomes for the work they've done..! The BBT ROCKS!!!!

Prone To Internet Drama
    Nov 2008
    Great write-up, D-Dog! I totally agree, but for what the BBT lacks in mileage, it certainly makes up for in overall fun factor! Big PROPS to the trail gnomes for the work they've done..! The BBT ROCKS!!!!
    Probably my new favorite place to ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    When's the next time.anyone's riding here. I got my 7point and no one to.ride with let me know

mtbr member
    I'll be out there tues bout 5. But there will be peeps there everyday. It's easy to follow the trails so go check it out. If not be at the gate off of Town Center @ 5 on tues and I'll show ya around.

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Kool names James ill be there. I'll be parking at dc Willis and ride up..if anyone heads up there today they got a big water main break 50ft gyser

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast