Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
    Big B's Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by bcall8 View Post
    Does the new setion of trail have much slope to it?
    It flows well downhill
    I believe it's being called "Aydenator"
    Last edited by ImaFred; 12-13-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    IMF I'm going to be out there bout a hr, I'll have your shades.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

CAMBr Trail Crew
    10am ride at the BBT! Meeting at RC Willey for anyone interested.

mtbr member
    Enjoy.....the trail was sweeet tonight. Tacky & packed

Big B's Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    IMF I'm going to be out there bout a hr, I'll have your shades.

K, sorry couldn't hook up with ya ... It's my birthday and I had lots of fam around plus I rode this morning
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Happy Birthday!!!! Mine was yesterday. Call me, I'll get em to ya.

Viva la Vida!
    So I washed my car and it rained all day yesterday and then I had over 1,000 lbs of pure mountain biker musles packing the new section tonight.
    Those donkeys out there are doing a great job as usual on that new section and riding it for the firts time at night made it better nice flowy downhill.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaFred View Post
    It's my birthday and I had lots of fam around plus I rode this morning
    From a fellow sagittarian to another... Happy Birthday, B man!

Big B's Trails
    Wow lots of sagittarius in the nevada forum ... cool!
    Thanks for all the B-day wishes guys!
    DDdonny I might try and meet you guys for the 10 am ride if you don't mind???
    I dig dirt!

CAMBr Trail Crew
    DDdonny I might try and meet you guys for the 10 am ride if you don't mind???
    Nope, don't mind at all! See ya there..

mtbr member
    Bummer for me. You guys have a good time. I am on my way to pick up my daughter near Prescott, AZ for x-mas break which is great b/c I miss her a lot. Maybe not such a bummer if weather holds out I am going to try and ride in Kingman and Sedona.

Have a great fun ride, hopefully it is tacky today.
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    excellent ride today that new section is the ****

i will need to go back on my own and see if i can hit those obstacles better

Big B's Trails
    Yes it was...

Last edited by ImaFred; 12-15-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    sweet shots

mtbr member
    I rode the trails last night. First time with lights. I wasn't familiar enough with them to go very fast but this place is really fun. Trail was tacky and rocks weren't slippery. Great place to ride! Another night ride is in order this week.
    09 GIANT REIGN 1
    09 Fisher Rig 29
    05 FELT 55
    03 GT 1.0
    Turning skills or hospital bills

Young, Shawn Young
    Its been a long time since i rode this trail. All i can say is Wow!! This trail system is developing into a must ride spot in the vegas area for sure. The out and back is a great build and will be super if it connects into where i think it will. Kudos to whoever is building this trail, thats alot of hard work. I think we logged almost 14 miles from the RcW parking lot. I will be riding out here more often for sure.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Viva la Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon View Post
    All i can say is Wow!! This trail system is developing into a must ride spot in the vegas area for sure. Kudos to whoever is building this trail, thats alot of hard work.
    What kills me is that the "MOUNTAIN BIKE ADVOCACY GROUPS" (IMBA - SNMAB) advice against riding it or posting and talking about it in public forums like this.... and of course will not get involved because it is not an oficial designated trail .

Call me ignorant but I just don't get it.

Young, Shawn Young
    To paraphrase an article i recently read in bike mag " its alot easier to build a trail and then have it approved rather than wait for these organizations to put their stamp of approval on something" Show me something that these organizations have done for us as far as new trails go in the last 10 years. I know i can show you a few closures.

Big B's Trails
    Last 10? ... how about ever?
    Name ONE trail that has been specifically put in "for" mtb's in Las Vegas other than the black velvet reroute... Which they(blm-fs) had to do otherwise we(mtbers) would have not given up one of the best trails in cottonwood, the black velvet drop to lil indy in it's entirety .
    I can name lots of trails and work that "they" like to take credit for... but in reality they had nada to do with it other than "adopting" it ... or closing it.
    Bootleg, Cowboy, BBT, Coyote Springs, Union Tr, Kyle Cyn, most of the newer trails in Cottonwood/BD( lawnmower/rusty bucket/ducky/mohican hurl/etc.) are either built renegade style or in the case of C.S. property owner built.
    The rest of the trails are old horse trails... cottonwood, twilight, bristlecone, that we took over.
    Last edited by ImaFred; 12-15-2011 at 07:00 AM.
    I dig dirt!

Big B's Trails
    I attended a red rock blm (probably my 10th time in the last 20 yrs) meeting a few months back and started to quiz them on their plans for the future of Mtb. They said well were in the process of giving you(adopting) cowboy trails.... I almost fell off my chair laughing-GIVING US? They then handed me the masterplan book, and as they continued patting themselves on the back, I perused the novel, and realized that the plans for the future are still the same issues we were discussing with them in the late 90's-early 2000's, so in a nut shell they have done NOTHING in almost 20 yrs of being confronted with these issues... they are not on our side!
    I then asked them point blank ... What do you plan to do when people start building trails illegally because of your inability to get anything done? They just shrugged and said nothing....
    I dig dirt!

Viva la Vida!

This should be another thread all together.

And that is why the number of active members in the MTB advocacy groups is so low compared to the number of active riders. Less than 5% according to IMBA.

Don't get me wrong we are really lucky here in Las Vegas with the amount of trails that we have access to and the quality of them.
    But like is mentioned above no one other than the actual riders have done anything for our trail systems in many years.
    I have attended many BLM meetings myself just to hear about all these projects and about all the money that they have to spend on trails and the resources at hand that end up going nowhere.
    I even spend sometime volunteering on some trail work at Mt. Charlestone on a trail that probably has been taken back by mother nature.
    It baffles me how with all that money willingness and projects ready nothing happens.

On the other hand you have miles and miles of "GREAT" trails popping out of thin air all around the valley with no resources and no help from anyone at all.

So over all it's all good but can you imagine what will happen if we could have an organized trail crew authorized to work on the trails.

Let's go out and ride.
    Last edited by Camaleon; 12-15-2011 at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I then asked them point blank ... What do you plan to do when people start building trails illegally because of your inability to get anything done? They just shrugged and said nothing....
    Let the illegal trail building begin! cough cough...continue

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Big THANKS to ImaFred for leading the tour around the BBT, yesterday! It was a great ride, on a great trail, with a good group of peeps! I even had another decent wipeout for the "Crash" video I'll get around to making sooner or later!

Here's IMF leading the group around the "Ledge"...! More pics and video to come eventually...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bears Best MTB Trail-ledge.jpg  

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDonny View Post
    Big THANKS to ImaFred for leading the tour around the BBT, yesterday! It was a great ride, on a great trail, with a good group of peeps! I even had another decent wipeout for the "Crash" video I'll get around to making sooner or later!

Here's IMF leading the group around the "Ledge"...! More pics and video to come eventually...
    I love that ledge area! As you go around that ledge and start riding down into that wash mini slick rock area the trail seems to pretty much peter out except for a few tracks. Is that as far as it goes atm? I walked some of it but there was gunfire just over the ridge and decided to stop Im thinking this trail may eventually hook around to the left somehow and hook into the latest new section of trail(marked with blue flags) that seems to head in the same direction. Then again I may have been turned around some

Big B's Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon View Post
    I love that ledge area! As you go around that ledge and start riding down into that wash mini slick rock area the trail seems to pretty much peter out except for a few tracks. Is that as far as it goes atm? I walked some of it but there was gunfire just over the ridge and decided to stop Im thinking this trail may eventually hook around to the left somehow and hook into the latest new section of trail(marked with blue flags) that seems to head in the same direction. Then again I may have been turned around some
    The suspense is killing me too

As far as I know that's where it stops for now... I see that a few peeps have ridden down the wash, how far? I don't know.(I turn around and climb back up the trail) I do know the wash terminates at the tropicana detention basin, if you hike a bike up the hill to your right(south) there's a faint jeep road that goes down to the gas pipeline rd.
    I dig dirt!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast