Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bad News - Burglary

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  kdonks 
#1 ·
Las Vegas bikers

Last night my garage was broken into and they got away with some things including two mountain bikes. Can you guys keep a look out for a blue Kona big unit with a black fox fork and a haro mary ss, the black one with pink logos. The Kona unit is set up as a singlespeed. If anyone hears or sees anything, pm me.

Thanks,
K

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. I've had a couple of bikes stolen in my life. My buddy who is a cop had a bike stolen out of his garage that was hanging on the wall right next to his police motorcycle. That's gutsy. I have a fairly large dog that sleeps in my garage and my other dog sleeps in the back yard. I have an alarm on the house, but the dogs would keep anybody out. They are pretty protective of their territory.

I was riding down the street a few years ago and there was a guy about 1 1/2 blocks ahead of me walking down the street facing away from me. He looked around and then hopped over a fence. Guess he didn't see me, bad eyes maybe. He wasn't over the fence for more than a second when I heard large, angry dog barks. He comes flying back over the fence like a bat outta hell, falls on the ground, jumps up and checks his lower legs and takes off running down the street. If I wasn't laughing so hard and late for work, I would have followed him. I didn't have my phone to call the cops anyway. He'll probably think twice about doing that again. Made me like my dogs even more.

Sorry for rambling. Call as many pawn shops as you can and describe your bikes. Contrary to what most people think, they don't really want stolen property in their shops. Unfortunately, from what I hear, you'll probably never see them again. I hope your homeowners insurance will help replace them.

#7 ·
Be sure to check CL all over the southwest, including LA and San Diego too. Maybe the AZ boards too. I lived in LA and an enormous ring got busted there with bikes from all over the country. I'd not be surprised if portions of that ring were reborn in some capacity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.