E !

Argghh! My knee(slightly OT)

Well, Some pretty sad news. Some peeps might know about my little knee problem i've always had all along. Background-I had fractured my shin bone right below the knee way back when and didn't even know it. So it healed itself improperly and i've always had knee pain since. Had it looked at a few years back. Meds and rest blah blah. Current- I was squatted doing some work and when i went to rise my knee just stayed and i fell over. (doh!). P.O.ed i had it checked out. I already new the outcome but worse. I got chronic B.S. patella tendonitis thing,and soft knee cap(name i can't remember right). Overall damage is my knee is effin swollen and spongey feeling. Stayed off the bike now and it is a bit better. I got my wrap ,anti-inflamation pill, and just massage myself. Anyway i just can't punish my knee anymore if i want to walk without surgery when i get old. It looks like i'll be riding easy gearing and riding lightly for awhile. Now if i can just get rid of my gimpy limp.
    See ya on the trails!
    the - E - dog

mtbr member
    Ah dude. That stinks. Hope it gets better so you can get back to tearing it up.

don't move for trees
    ahh, thats to bad, hope you heals up good soon

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'll ride your bike for you! ~

E !

That's allright

Quote Originally Posted by njcoppola
    I'll ride your bike for you! ~
    I can manage. I just don't think i'll be able to hammer with the big boys. Shawn, where's them utah pics?
    the - E - dog

Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by E !
    I can manage. I just don't think i'll be able to hammer with the big boys. Shawn, where's them utah pics?
    Sounds like you should take off your middle and large chainring.

Hope to see you on the trail soon

Young, Shawn Young
    Sorry to hear about your Knee E! Let me know when you want to get out for an easy ride and I'll meet you somewhere. Im probably going to ride Cottonwood tomorrow and my weekend is wide open as Im off Sat thru Tues. Almost done with the pics. Trying to decide on a slideshow presentation and what song to use with it. Mostly just scenery pics as I couldnt be bothered with the self timer thing.

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

E !

It's a no go

This morning i woke up with my knee stuck in bent position. really stiff but worked it out. I did a short ride yesterday and the soccer game this weekend. I think the running is aggravating it more but, i still have to do 3 more games. and practices. Then the cold front is coming. Thats usually a bad time for my leg. This is really sucking!
    I think i'm gonna lay off the bike for the holidays. A mini-swan song. I'll try some real riding again after the holidays. O.K. late!
    See ya on the trails some time?
    the - E - dog

don't move for trees
    you might want to try some swimming, i've heard of a few people that have done that after surgery and such, its easier on the leg, but still builds muscle
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain

Young, Shawn Young
    This morning i woke up with my knee stuck in bent position. really stiff but worked it out. I did a short ride yesterday and the soccer game this weekend. I think the running is aggravating it more but, i still have to do 3 more games. and practices. Then the cold front is coming. Thats usually a bad time for my leg. This is really sucking!
    I think i'm gonna lay off the bike for the holidays. A mini-swan song. I'll try some real riding again after the holidays. O.K. late!
    See ya on the trails some time?
    Running cant be good. Hope you can get back on the bike soon.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
    E!,

Even more reason to get that full suspension you have been wanting. All those components would transfer over nicely to a Heckler, maybe cost you a few cables/housing. Guess we could start shuttling you to the top and bribing you with beer, also..................

Members who have read this thread: 0