Kicker of Elves

Any good riding around Fallon?

I have to do a job there next week and was considering taking my bike - is there any XC riding around there? I run a rigid single speed if that matters!

Any bike shops you can recommend or groups that ride regularly?

Thanks a lot!

Moose Member
    Hahahahaha bloody hell.

Bikeshops: My friends front yard. We do everything there. If it's a big job, like installing something new, then we run it up to reno, but brake bleeds, shifter tunes, changing fork oil, we do all of that by ourselves.

We have a group that gets together every weekend usually: Me, A crazy kid with a huge yard, another who is just starting, one who just switched from Moto and is killing it, and one who kinda isn't in the group, but we say he is just to make ourselves look bigger.

XC riding, I dunno. My group is all freeriders. If you want some dirt jumps, canal gaps, drops, I can show you all of that, but I have never even looked at XC. Sorry. I have seen the occasional XC rider, but don't know any of them well enough to refer you to them.

The local hill is Rattlesnake. I can give you directions. There's moto trails and quad trails everywhere, even some hiking paths, and a few DH trails. Just go exploring. Theres a lot of fun natural terrain to ride. The XC riders I have seen there seem to really enjoy it. If nothing else its exercise and time on the bike.

Also, check out a place called Grimes Point. Its about 10-20mins out of town, and apparently has some stellar riding. I have yet to check it out due to the fact that most of it sounds like it caters to the XC crowd, but I might be up there soon to check it out.

Sorry I cant help much, but I'm the only Fallonite (that's what we call ourselves apparently) on MTBR. I've checked on here twice for other riders, and got nothing. I wish I could help you more, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Bring your bike fer sure, I'm sure you can find some stuff at rattlesnake you will like.