mtbr member
    Jan 2004

3 Days, 3 Rides in the Reno Area....

I was in Reno the past few days, continuing to get things set up at our house. I was able to get a ride in all three days. I am really loving the trails so far. Obviously the TRT system is as good as it gets, but imo the lowly Reno area trails so far are pretty fantastic too!

I rode the jones/whites creek loop from the Callahan road trail head Thursday evening. Almost got caught in the dark but made it while I could still see. Friday I went back, and went up Whites creek to Dry Pond trail. I went up Dry Pond (very tough climb imo) as far as the second switchback and then turned around and headed back down Whites/Timberline/Whites back to Callahan. I was by myself so was worried that I wouldn't be able to find my way back if I went all the way up Dry Pond..plus that climb was taking its toll on me.

Today I decided to head over to the Peavine area and do some exploring. The trailhead is only 15 minutes from our house which is nice. I rode up from the east canyon trail head, and basically just rode around the desert for a couple of hours. I really enjoyed the trails in here, and I'm sure you can put together some really amazing longer rides than the 12 or so miles I did.

These may have just been local rides but imo they are fantastic! Can't wait to do some more exploring--next time I want to head all the way up to Dry Pond and find my way back down (I think Thomas creek trail descent is supposed to be great), and also do a bigger ride in Peavine through the desert.

I've attached a few scenic shots from the rides. I hope to see some of you guys/gals on the trails when we can get ourselves organized!

mtbr member
    Yup the ascent to dry pond from either direction is note worthy for sure. If the opportunity presents itself i'll gladly show you a cpl others that you'll enjoy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I've been going up to the Incline area the last couple of days. Would love to organize a group ride up there. It's been lot of fun and much better scenery than my typical N Reno rides. 3 Days, 3 Rides in the Reno Area....-turnin.jpg3 Days, 3 Rides in the Reno Area....-rock-jump.jpg3 Days, 3 Rides in the Reno Area....-nose-endo.jpg3 Days, 3 Rides in the Reno Area....-cruisin.jpgLet me know if yal are interested.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am hoping to be back in the Reno area this weekend with my wife. I'll post if I am so maybe we can set up a small group ride. I have to warn you however, I'm pretty slow..