• 05-28-2011
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    X-Fusion 02 PVA is a great SA shock.
    This shock is turning out to be a great shock for my San Andreas. I am surprized this company isn't more well known. Everything I have read about this company has been very positive. And their customer service seems to be really good. This shock doesn't plow through the mid stroke like most air shocks on the 3:1 ratio SA. The platform works good, even on the low setting. And that seems to really tame the chain tug that you get from the high forward pivot. I do have to run the rebound on the slowest setting, but it is slow enough. I need to ask them if that can be tuned. I check the air about every two weeks, and it is always the same, about 5 psi low. Which I know is do to normal loss in the pump hose. It's one of those parts that I just don't have to worry about tuning to get it to work and feel right, and I really like that.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/DSC05595.jpg
  • 06-04-2011
    Ericmopar
    The reason you don't hear much about X-Fusion Shawn, is inconsistent quality.
    Some people love theirs and some people hate theirs.
    I've got a friend with one, on a Specialized Stumpjumper, and that one sucks. It has some very poor top-out control. It makes a metallic clunking sound when it tops out.
    The rebound on that shock, seems to be off, or on, but almost no in between setting.
    That being said, I'm glad your's worked out for you. It can be difficult to find a shock that works with a 3 - 1 leverage ratio.

Eric.
  • 06-04-2011
    sammydog
    I think X-Fusion stuff is actually coming ahead in leaps and bounds. Don't own any myself, but the price of them makes them look pretty attractive as well.

Is it just me, or do their forks and shocks all look like they use fox bodies?
  • 06-04-2011
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I think X-Fusion stuff is actually coming ahead in leaps and bounds. Don't own any myself, but the price of them makes them look pretty attractive as well.

Is it just me, or do their forks and shocks all look like they use fox bodies?

Sorry about that, I clicked on edit instead if reply.

I think your right. And, I haven't heard or read about any QC issues. Anyone I have talked to who has tried a Fox and an X-fusion, liked the X-fusion better. I think the graphic colors make them look similar.
  • 06-04-2011
    Ericmopar
    Maybe it's OEM vs Aftermarket as well.
    Some of the manufacturers put a high end name on low quality OEM components.
  • 06-04-2011
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    If your saying their aftermarket stuff is better then their OEM stuff, you could be right.
  • 06-05-2011
    Crosswind
    Great, I'm looking for a replacement for my old CC AD-10 and that X-fusion just might be the right thing to get :D
  • 06-05-2011
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Call X- fusion. I got a 2010 model for $120.
  • 06-07-2011
    Crosswind
    I mailed them yesterday..calling would be a bit tricky due to time difference between US and Slovenia (Europe) :D
  • 06-23-2011
    StabMasta
    What's your riding weight and what PSI are you running?
  • 06-23-2011
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    About 160 lbs ready to ride and I'm running 120 psi and one click from full slow on rebound.
  • 02-01-2012
    pieroglif
    Hi, do you happen to know the inside diameter of the shock bushings? I have recently bought an 02 PVA without the mounting hardware, and I would like to buy one before the shock arrives, so I waste no more time..
  • 02-01-2012
    StabMasta
    Not sure if this helps, but for my cannondale, I ordered Fox hardware with the following part numbers:

803-03-000
    803-03-017

Both were $3.98ea from pricepoint. You may be able to call Fox and ask what the diameter is for the part#'s listed above.
  • 02-01-2012
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pieroglif View Post
    Hi, do you happen to know the inside diameter of the shock bushings? I have recently bought an 02 PVA without the mounting hardware, and I would like to buy one before the shock arrives, so I waste no more time..

PM me as a reminder and I'll measure for you.
  • 12-17-2012
    Merida OneFiveO880
    Hello. I got this shock on my Merida one five o, and i was wondering what the all over best setting for the rebound is?

Am a DH, high speed kinda biker.
  • 12-17-2012
    pieroglif
    I suggest what manufacturers suggest - turn the rebound halfway through and use it as a starting point. Then, if necessary, turn the knob either way 2 clicks, and if it's too much, go back one click.

I am sure you know there is no all over best rebound setting, as it varies depending of the terrain you're riding. You want faster rebound for rooted, technical trails and slower for hardpacked, fast tracks.

Merry Christmas and good luck tuning the shock!
  • 12-17-2012
    StabMasta
    I ride rocky technical terrain and at 185lbs, I pump my shock to 150 psi, rebound set 2 or 3 clicks away from the slowest position, and the pro pedal feature open or 1 click away (downhill only). I found that during downhill sections, too much rebound was bucking me forward and almost over the bars.
  • 12-17-2012
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    That's going to be different for everyone. It depends on which bike you have and it really depends on which tune your shock has and how you like your rebound. Start by aliminating the extremes. It's pretty easy to tell what is way to fast and way to slow. Then start working in the range that you have left. One good way to get it close is to ride off a high curb, while sitting down. Start with the round on the fast side and keep slowing it down till you only get one rebound of the rear of your bike after compression. Then hit the trails and experiment one or two clicks in either direction and see how you like it.
  • 12-19-2012
    woodsbw68
    I'm really enjoying my x fusion suspension, the shock was easy to dial in just follow their instructions and your intuition. The fork is awesome, I love being able to drop it down to 110mm when climbing. I actually don't use the lock-out often except on logging roads. Th amount of adjustment on the rebound is crazy, something like 20 clicks, makes it easy to dial in. My zenII is a beast, I really hope someone does something with the turntable design it is pretty sweet.
  • 02-13-2013
    donny70
    X-Fusion 02 PVA is a great SA shock.
    I've been looking for a new shock for my San An and the xfusion looks like it might be the one
  • 02-13-2013
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    It is, I promise!
  • 02-14-2013
    sammydog
    I've been amazed at how good the X-Fusion that came on the new San An and Zen actually is. I must admit I was a bit wary of it thinking I was going to have to swap them out, but after spending time on both bikes I am yet to fault the shock.