mtbr member

Would a Cane Creek Cloud Nine be a good shock 4 a San Andreas.

I can get a new one for almost free. I know it's not a stable platform shock. But it does have a lockout button and I'm thinking it would be a pretty decent shock.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Hmmmmm
    I must confess, I've never owned a Cloud Nine.
    That being said, some of the older San An owners used to love them.
    Maybe if you can do a search Shawn and see if they're good on a high leverage ratio bike.
    I know the San Ans used to like a shock that ramps up, rather than a more linear shock stroke. Something like the standard air can Floats, or the older Manitou Swinger 3-Way airs.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    That was fast! I was thinking about that and thinking, being an air shock, it should have good ramp up, at least at the very end of the stroke. And come to think of it, I don't remember ever bottoming the rear of any of my SA bikes. The front I have, buy never the rear.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn
    That was fast! I was thinking about that and thinking, being an air shock, it should have good ramp up, at least at the very end of the stroke. And come to think of it, I don't remember ever bottoming the rear of any of my SA bikes. The front I have, buy never the rear.
    I have bottomed them with coils, which are pretty linear.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

cruiser
    May 2007
    Hi MCS, I have been using a Cloud 9 for about 2.5 years now and really like it , it is very comfortable the way I have it set up with about 50% sag , I have found it works best with a smooth pedaling style, the lock out I dont use as it turns the bike into a pogo stick.
    I have this bike set up to use on the road mainly but still go off road when the mood takes me and dont have any problems, the bike is on slicks so I have to be a bit more carefull on loose surfaces, my weight is 68 kg.
    I have a very bad back from a motorcycle accident in 1972 so I really appreciate the comfort the cloud 9 affords, incredible small bump compliance which is why you need to pedal smoothly , its very tunable to suit yourself though.
    Cheers,
    John.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Man
    Hi MCS, I have been using a Cloud 9 for about 2.5 years now and really like it , it is very comfortable the way I have it set up with about 50% sag , I have found it works best with a smooth pedaling style, the lock out I dont use as it turns the bike into a pogo stick.
    I have this bike set up to use on the road mainly but still go off road when the mood takes me and dont have any problems, the bike is on slicks so I have to be a bit more carefull on loose surfaces, my weight is 68 kg.
    I have a very bad back from a motorcycle accident in 1972 so I really appreciate the comfort the cloud 9 affords, incredible small bump compliance which is why you need to pedal smoothly , its very tunable to suit yourself though.
    Cheers,
    John.
    Hey John,
    What kind of bike do you have it on? Do you drive a Mini?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

cruiser
    May 2007
    Hi MCS, the bike I have it on is an 06 San Andreas DHS, I drive a 67 Mini Cooper s
    Cheers ,
    John.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Man
    Hi MCS, the bike I have it on is an 06 San Andreas DHS, I drive a 67 Mini Cooper s
    Cheers ,
    John.
    Right on! It looks like we have a lot in common. I have a lightly modified '05 Cooper S. I would love to see a picture of your '67 S.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT