Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

What's up with MC?

I just wrote John an e-mail, because the hanger that he said he put in the mail 2 weeks ago, never showed up. The e-mail was sent back as not deliverable. Iv'e been hearing and reading that no one can get a hold of anyone there. What's up with them? Have they gone under agiain? Is there a big show or something going on? If so, you would think they would have, at least, a secretary at the office to answer the phone, bare minimum. I have to saw, and I am sorry to say this, but since January of '96, I have had nothing but problems with MC, I mean problem after problem, it's been a really big dissapointment through the years. In fact, I have lost a lot of riding time because I have been so dissapointed, Ive spent a lot of money at MC for a lot of years. But I have always stayed a MC owner because they are a small company and I want them to make it. No offence to the people who currently run MC, they are just trying to save a horse with a broken leg, once in a while it can be done, but, Im about ready to strip down my 4 MC frames, toss them and just move on!!

What I can't believe, is that they don't even make the San Andreas anymore. That was their bread and butter bike. It seems as soon as they started making other bikes is when they started to slowly go down hill. Plus they made other really bad decisions. Like offering crappy shocks on high end frames. The San Andreas could have been the Porsche 911 of the bike world, where they could have made small changes each year to keep it modern and fresh. It could have been refined each year and by now it would have been the best bike made. Kinda like the Heckler, that has turned into one sweet bike, and you never hear about customers complaining about the service or not being able to get old swingarms. I know a lot of people like the other bikes MC makes, but I think Robert should have kept the company small and only made the San Andreas, and like I said, upgrade it each year. It's not like Robert needed to expand to make more money, he has lots of income coming from the other things that he does. The San Andreas was really just a college project. A lot of companies come out with a great initial product, then they try to expand into other areas and then it all falls apart.
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 05-29-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

G..
    mtbr member
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

G..
    mtbr member
    MC is here and alive. John I believe is having issues with his email and seemingly has not remedied it. This is NOT good enough and I'll make sure it's fixed in the next few days.

Yes there have been some issues but I can assure you you are about to see some major things happen over the next few months. Re-setting up MC has not been easy and sometimes the best of intentions can get lost in the mountain that is paperwork etc. etc. Sales in Europe have been on the up and up and things are looking very brights for MC in the upcoming years.

As many know MC has had issues under the previous owners and moving out of that has been more work than what was originally thought. When that is added to what has been massive amounts of work implementing exceptionally high production standards, engineering new designs, building a very new business model, the few of us that work in and around MC can become very easily swamped.

Hang in there, things are about to happen.

Oh on the San An, yes it's true we will not be doing a revamped one in the next year as originally thought and spoken about. There are plans for an all new San An to be built from the ground up though with work looking at starting in '10. I'm as bummed as the next guy because I am a San An rider, have two actually. But there are reasons we have decided against pulling the existing old girl out of mothballs for a fresh go.

And how do I know? Click here
    ---

Hmmmmm
    According to what I got back, John's email is full to the limit.
    This can include deleted as well as sent and received mail.
    I think he may need to clean out all his mail folders.

Oh yeah, loved your MC page "G". LMFAO!

Maybe we should start calling you "Grand Master G".

Later Eric.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Ok, got my hanger, thanks John. I'll hangin there a little longer with MC!

I think a lot of people would love to see a moderized San Andreas with a decent BB height. And I don't mean a DNA. The DNA to me looks a little like some of those cheap bikes you can but at a Walmart type store for $200. In my opinion, that is the only reason Kenesis bought MC, so they could use the technology to learn how to mass produce cheap monocoque frames.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

G..
    mtbr member
    There is much talk about a new San An as we all know it is the granddaddy of all FS bikes. The truth is resurrecting it will not be so much a tweak here and a tweak there but a complete redesign from the ground up as there are some fundamentals that have to be changed. As such a new San An will be a sizable investment in time and money, so we are going to take our time to get it right. So yes, it is coming but not right away as we are working on some other platforms right now.

As far as making monocoque frames goes, it's not rocket science and it' been going on since the 20's and 30's. Kenisis had the best of intentions for MC, it just didn't pan out and/or ended up being more work than thought. The DNA was a good example of that. The design has merit but was handled incorrectly from a marketing standpoint, hence it was targeted for a use it was never really designed for.
    Last edited by G..; 06-06-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    ---

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    G, righting the MC ship has been a long time coming...sounds like you have some smart people over there (just need to tweet the email software...and, well, the shipping dept from what I gather!) I agree 100% with how you're dealing with the San An...I know things are hush hush with the new 'platforms' but will there be an xc bike coming? Or is that something you could tell me but then have to kill me.

I mean..I have no complaints with my 25lb zen race rig
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

mtbr member
    im happy with my new frame... fury turned up ultra fast on a 50/50

but i also ordered and payed for a jersey that still hasnt turned up
    i have emailed but not getting emails back.
    i even tried from my work email.. i had a couple replys. then notheing for a couple weeks now

G..
    mtbr member
    Hey Skellz,

Did you order through the US or EU? Let me know and I'll chase it up for you ASAP.
    ---

G..
    mtbr member
    "...I know things are hush hush with the new 'platforms' but will there be an xc bike coming? Or is that something you could tell me but then have to kill me. "

(loads gun)

Yep, the XC platform is top of the list.
    ---

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G..
    Hey Skellz,

Did you order through the US or EU? Let me know and I'll chase it up for you ASAP.
    hiya
    was EU. i had a frame turn up the day i payed for it :P they had it waiting in the UK for me as they knew i wanted it..they was just waiting for the money.
    i payed for 50/50 frame and a jersey and four hours later the frame turned up!

i was in contact with mel on one of my email adresses...we was chatting for weeks.
    then i stoped getting replys..but they was sending them.but i wasnt getting them

so i started mailing from my work adress and all was fine for a couple days..then no replys again
    i had my old frame collected a couple weeks ago. but no contact since...
    so all in all im happy...i got a new bike but would like to be wearing my MC top when im out playing

G..
    mtbr member
    Hey Skellz,

I'll chase it up today for you. PM me your name and email and I'll go from there.
    ---

mtbr member
    thanks

mtbr member
    Hey, This is John
    My e-mail is working now. If you sent an e-mail between April 20 and June 6 please resend it if I did not get back to you. Sorry for any inconvenience.

G..
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skellz
    hiya
    was EU. i had a frame turn up the day i payed for it :P they had it waiting in the UK for me as they knew i wanted it..they was just waiting for the money.
    i payed for 50/50 frame and a jersey and four hours later the frame turned up!

i was in contact with mel on one of my email adresses...we was chatting for weeks.
    then i stoped getting replys..but they was sending them.but i wasnt getting them

so i started mailing from my work adress and all was fine for a couple days..then no replys again
    i had my old frame collected a couple weeks ago. but no contact since...
    so all in all im happy...i got a new bike but would like to be wearing my MC top when im out playing
    Hey Skellz,

You should have been in touch with EUHQ by now. I understand they have resent your jersey as it seems the opne sent three weeks ago has gone AWOL.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Cheers!
    ---

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JRA009
    Hey, This is John
    My e-mail is working now. If you sent an e-mail between April 20 and June 6 please resend it if I did not get back to you. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    That's a hell of a lot of time to not check customer emails.

G..
    mtbr member
    I assure you Mr Chicken, the issue is now resolved.
    ---

mtbr member
    got an eamail;
    saying there sending another and that we got email contact....
    whooo maybe we are getting there.
    cheers for helping out
    skellz

G..
    mtbr member
    I have never liked the way the reply function works on MTBR....

I posted last night:

"Hey Skellz,

You should have been in touch with EUHQ by now. I understand they have resent your jersey as it seems the one sent three weeks ago has gone AWOL.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Cheers!"

...it should have been the last post here but seems that it's up the list.
    ---

mtbr member
    still nothing

G..
    mtbr member
    I understand it has been sent. I'll check again on Monday for you. Could be the postal service at work.
    ---

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Bout time you guys got a new postal service ay?
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

G..
    mtbr member
    Well, I'm in Australia and the postal service here is very good. If though the system in France, where kit gets dispatched from, is anything like it was in Italy, then I'm scared

They've already managed to loose the first parcel.....

Like I said, I'll check with the office tomorrow and see what's up.
    ---

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Personally I think they take one look at what you are sending out and keep it for themselves
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

banned
    You guys seem to "lose" a lot of things, as I'm reading in various threads.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast