mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Sin - New Build.

Hi, I'm currently in the process of sourcing parts to rebuild my 2006 Mountain Cyle Sin. My goal is to build a light weight AM / FR bike, mainly for what we call "Urban Downhill" usage. (stairs dropping etc.)

What I'd like to do in this thread is gather technical details and specs of the frame as I couldn't find many details (eg. bb specs, pivot bearings...) and of course I will be posting pics from my project which, amongst other things, will feature custom paintjob and decals. If you do have something to contribute I'd be more than thankful!

Now, for starters I've just got myself a new 2009 Fox 32 Vanilla RLC QR15 - 140mm fork and would like to couple it with a 2010 Fox RP23 Air Shock as I believe theose are ideal to the riding style the Sin's destined to do. However, I do not know how to tell the difference between the old and new shock mount but my own Sin came with a Manitou 4-Way Swinger 7.875x2.25 so it's probably the newer one. If I buy the RP23 @ 7.875x2.25 will I need to change the mount shock due to the smaller fork travel or should I better get a 7.5 shock?

I noticed thet Greenfish sell MC hangers @ http://greenfishsports.com/product/3...ur-hanger.html. Can this replace the Sin's?

If I need some replacement parts from MC do you know where I can get them (I live in Greece)?

Thanks in advance guys and I'll keep you up to date!

mtbr member
    i got this info..any good..its from a 2004 manual that i have. torque settings may differ in later manuals. but BB size etc is all here

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks alot skellz, this is exactly the kind of info that I'm currently gathering. I know those tech issues have been exhausted but anyone answering my questions above will really help me get going. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    check ya pm's