mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Shockwave bearings???

So I need to replace the bearings in the shockwave badly...actually, they've needed replaced a long time ago, but I've kept putting it off. Anyways, does anyone have an recommendations for bearings beyond Enduro? What about ordering something from McMaster Carr or any online bearing shop? Anything out there that blows away the Enduro bearings in quality?

Oh, the sizes are 6001-2RS and 608-2RS, right? I only ask, as the raised letters on most all of the bearings in the frame are thorougly rubbed off now!!!

mtbr member
    Every bearing manufacture has levels of quality. The MAX type for Eundro is very good and exceeds the standard bearings by using marine grade grease and more bearings eliminating the cage.

The main pivot (on the swingarm) require (2 total - one per side) 6001 bearings (we recommend 6001 2RS MAX)
    The links (dog-bones) require (4 total - two per link) 608 bearings (we recommend 608 2RS MAX)
    The rocker link (attaches above the BB) require (4 total - two per side) 608 bearings (we recommend 608 2RS MAX)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JRA009
    Every bearing manufacture has levels of quality. The MAX type for Eundro is very good and exceeds the standard bearings by using marine grade grease and more bearings eliminating the cage.

The main pivot (on the swingarm) require (2 total - one per side) 6001 bearings (we recommend 6001 2RS MAX)
    The links (dog-bones) require (4 total - two per link) 608 bearings (we recommend 608 2RS MAX)
    The rocker link (attaches above the BB) require (4 total - two per side) 608 bearings (we recommend 608 2RS MAX)
    Awesome! Thanks for the clarification/verification JRA009! Looks like I'll be ordering up some Enduro bearings this afternoon. I thought I had the types right, but the memory was fuzzy and like I mentioned in my original post the numbers on the rubber seals of the original bearings have long since been worn away!