Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

San Andreas DNA - Broken Frame

Hi,
    I bought a DNA frame... After one year (more or less) the frame was cracked in the swingarm support
    I have tried to solve the problem with the store that sold me the frame... Nothing!!! I have send e-mails directly to Mountain Cycle and the answer was the same... Nothing!!!
    I have posted a message in th MC satisfaction site and I still get the same answer... Nothing!!! (http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc...s/broken_frame)

So, here goes my alert tou you people.... Think twice before buying a MC bike!!!

Hmmmmm
    Hey everyone!

It's End-er in disguise.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Hey everyone!

It's End-er in disguise.
    Doubtful
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    wondered how long it would be before he logged on with a new name!!
    Mountain Cycle collector,i have 8 of 'em now!

Mountain Cycle Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Doubtful
    indeed, en-der's frame is red, not black
    shoot me again, I ain't dead yet

I do not have mountainbikes, I have Mountain Cycles

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cHoc Nr1
    indeed, en-der's frame is red, not black
    and this one is Portugal not Spain. ooppps!

should have read the link properly,sorry.
    Mountain Cycle collector,i have 8 of 'em now!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Round Two.... DING! DING!

banned
    They should take care of it and make it go away. It's kind of telling that they don't answer emails about warranties. And it's even worse how people gang up here on anyone with trouble. Same thing happened on the Ibex forum just now. THey all didn't believe the guy and declared him a troll, then he posted pics and then they just spammed the hell out of the thread.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    They should take care of it and make it go away. It's kind of telling that they don't answer emails about warranties. And it's even worse how people gang up here on anyone with trouble. Same thing happened on the Ibex forum just now. THey all didn't believe the guy and declared him a troll, then he posted pics and then they just spammed the hell out of the thread.

Nobody is ‘ganging up’. Giving the recent Ender debacle, I think people are just a bit skeptical… As long as there is DNA frame’s being used & abused out there, I can expect threads like this to keep popping up. If anyone reads “End-er's warranty adventure (was: MC WARRANTY claims)” they would see there is a slim chance that MC can do anything about replacing a DNA frame at this point. Also, to follow Enders lead and make a comment like “So, here goes my alert tou you people.... Think twice before buying a MC bike!!!” is just irresponsible and IMO will get you no favors… It makes me wonder why the lack of response from MC… Every e-mail I have sent was retuned in a reasonable time. Why is this case different? Maybe we should not be so quick to judge, as there is in many cases, always more to the story…
    Last edited by MC9.5; 04-30-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    It's because there are people here that really did the warranty thing with MC, and know for a fact the service is excellent.

To claim "that nothing was done" is hard to believe.
    MC doesn't make the San Ans anymore, so they offer the closest thing that seems to fill the void, but there are some out there, that will never be happy.
    They seem to believe, that a bike maker should retool just for a handful of warranty claims.
    That is not only very difficult for a small builder, but even the big companies offer different models as replacement frames, when a frame and/or bike is out of production.

If I'm wrong and it really isn't Ender, then I apologize.
    I reserve the right to disbelieve that "nothing" has been done.

I was suspicious that it's Ender, because of the style of writing.

It's also another good reason to build a nice 6" travel trail bike.
    It would fill the warranty void that exists.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    As far as Mountain Cycle US can say I have never got an e-mail from this person (as it is probably an MCEU claim I'm sure Krien has spoken with this person). Ivo_goncalves did just join in April 2009 and only has this one post. I don't pass judgment on anyone until I have facts. My suggestion is to give this one a chance to blossom and see the fruit it produces. Thanks to the MC family for always looking out.

VeloFello

We the people ...

Just to make things PERFECTLY clear:

We offer a 2year warranty.
    For it to be valid: you MUST have the proof of original ownership.

If it is 2years + older OR you don't have a receipt: NO warranty.

In these* cases: 50/50 is a VERY fair deal.
    (*or in any case where you want to swap out an older frame, any age/condition, but: only one time per customer)

With regards Ivo, I have told him this several times now:
    A photo of 'a' receipt is not good enough: I need to be able to read it.
    Scan it, fax it or post it. He has the details.

No readable valid receipt: no answer from us.
    I have some DNA spares, so we can help him, if first he just helps himself.

Krien
    I'm a Mountain Cycle employee...
    Check out our new blog at MountainCycle.com
    Or if you are hooked on Facebook

Mountain Cycle Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloFello
    but: only one time per customer)
    To bad, i had so much frame's lying around

With regards Ivo, I have told him this several times now:

I have some DNA spares, so we can help him, if first he just helps himself.

Krien
    It makes you wonder, is it so hard for people to read and act on it??
    shoot me again, I ain't dead yet

I do not have mountainbikes, I have Mountain Cycles

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hi people...
    You can all relax because Iīm not Ender!!!
    Everything that I have said is true. I have send e-mailīs to MC an did not get any answer!!!
    I can easily prove that... I can forward them. I have send to the following adresses:
    krien@mountaincycle.com and euhq@mountaincycle.com

The only answer that I have it was posted here by Krien!!! And this answer show very well tha lack of professionalism of MC... As I told I did not get any answer from MC ever! How can Krien said:
    "With regards Ivo, I have told him this several times now:

I have some DNA spares, so we can help him, if first he just helps himself."

If you said that to me even once prove that (or anything else)... I did not send to you any photo of the receipt.
    And Krien, you can relax because I donīt find the receipt of the purchase (so you donīt have to bother because you donīt have to give any warranty)!!!! Or even better... donīt bother at all... I have repaired the frame and the piece of junk is working again!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    [Ironic mode on]

Didnt answer you????!!! unbelibeable!!!!

[Ironic mode off]

Waiting for rumble and nobody answer me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Hey everyone!

It's End-er in disguise.

VeloFello
    Ivo and Jose

Please stop for one moment and be REASONABLE.

We will not engage in your conversations if you do not treat us, and our other customers, with respect and fairness.

Ivo - You have STILL NOT sent through any proof of ownership. If you want to claim a warranty then we MUST have a copy of the receipt.

Jose - the Rumble was delivered to the address you gave us, and somebody in your office signed for it on your behalf. It's been delivered, and so from our side we have nothing more to do on this matter.

To everybody - we're constantly working to make our Customer Service experience even better, as other customers attest 95% of the time we over-deliver on our promises.

But let me show Ivo and Jose as two examples of how not to go about getting MC to help you: if you lie to us / change your story to suit your current complaints / don't provide the documentary evidence we require (by law) and make un-reasonable and un-justified complaints in order to 'cause trouble'... we'll from now on expect us to be much firmer with this type of customer.
    I'm a Mountain Cycle employee...
    Check out our new blog at MountainCycle.com
    Or if you are hooked on Facebook

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Jose - the Rumble was delivered to the address you gave us, and somebody in your office signed for it on your behalf. It's been delivered, and so from our side we have nothing more to do on this matter.
    But let me show Ivo and Jose as two examples of how not to go about getting MC to help you: if you lie to us / change your story to suit your current complaints / don't provide the documentary evidence we require (by law) and make un-reasonable and un-justified complaints in order to 'cause trouble'... we'll from now on expect us to be much firmer with this type of customer.
    I you want to accuse me for lie, please give us evidences as i did

I never changed my story and i never lied.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Krien,

Do you have a brain?
    Can you read?
    Iīm increasingly conviced that you must suffer a mental disorder.
    You donīt give answers to the problems and now your calling me a liar... The only person that is continuosly changing the story to suit MC interest is you. Everybody can confirm this without getting out of this thread!!!
    This give to everybody a very good picture of the lack of profissionalism of MC after sales service.
    As I told you in my previous post, I donīt find the receipt of the purchase so you donīt have to bother because you donīt have to give any warranty (oh... Sorry... For a moment I forgot that you donīt have a brain and you canīt read)!!!
    As you have showed that you are not interested to have a client like me, I have a nice proposal to you:
    Buy my frame. I will sell tou you for half price that it have costed to me.
    That will solve the problem for the both of us. You will get rid of a client that you donīt like and I will get rid of the scrap that you produce. Itīs a Win - Win solution.

G..
    mtbr member
    Ba-Boooooowwwww.
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    It seems that krien isnīt interested in the good deal that I have proposed...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    As usual MC guys donīt give any sign off being interested to know what is going on with their bikes... In the past days I have realized that Iīm not the only one in this situation!!!
    You can verify this very easilly....
    MC guys claim that they have a good after sales service... I donīt know where they have this good service...
    My experience tell me that they have a bad after sales service... and that has nothing related with the fact off they being a small company!
    They donīt answer to complaints of the customers, they treat poorly their customers and they donīt want to know if they are putting in the market good products.
    Their main concern is if I have a proof of ownership... They didnīt want to know what was the problem and how it has appeared... They donīt want to study the problem and solve it in their production line... They are continuosly producing products with lack of quality!

So, here goes my alert tou you people.... Think twice before buying a MC bike!!!

G..
    mtbr member
    Hello Ivo,

I assure you that Krien as well as the rest of us at Mountain Cycle ARE interested in resolving issues.

What though will happen when you go out and openly abuse the people you are dealing with is find a sure fire way to be shunted to the bottom of the pile or ignored altogether. Reading though your above posts, I find your manner offensive to say the least. How on earth do expect any service if you behave like a child?

Please do not cite Jose in your mails about receiving bad service. We went out of our way to appease him, far beyond was required. It seems though he has either been dishonest or there is a thief where he works, as everything that was promised to him was delivered. If he has not received any item from those deliveries, then that is something he needs to take up on his end, not expect us to resolve for him.

In your case, have you sent through your proof of ownership yet? Not a photograph but a copy of or the actual paper? If as you are saying you don't have it, then that will complicate issues four fold. No company in the world will warranty you without proof of purchase, so please do not expect us to. In cases such as this, your are at the favour of those in the company to grace you with good will. Insulting them, as mentioned, will ensure you receive none. I'll also remind you it's not for you to make offers to us, but for us to process your claim in a fair and reasonable manner according to our terms and conditions. If indeed your claim is reasonable, then it will be processed accordingly but as you have seemingly fixed it:

"And Krien, you can relax because I donīt find the receipt of the purchase (so you donīt have to bother because you donīt have to give any warranty)!!!! Or even better... donīt bother at all... I have repaired the frame and the piece of junk is working again!!!"

there should be no issue, though it makes me wonder just what was wrong with it in the first place. I'll also remind you now that as you have, or have had a third party, tampered with the frame, any warranty is now truly null and void.

For everyone out there, as Krien mentioned we are working hard on delivering solid customer service. We have established http://getsatisfaction.com/mountaincycle for doing just this, and we regard mtbr, Pink Bike etc. more as places to chat with customers about MC, not warranties etc. As with everything, it's the happy people you never hear from, just those few with a bone to pick for whatever reason.

I check these forums everyday as well as the 'Get Satisfaction' and 'Pink Bike' forums as part of our customer service. I will try to answer any questions or issues that come up as well as direct you through to the right channels to resolve any issue, outstanding or present. Please note that we are a small company and are very busy, so when I say I am on it, I am. It just might take a little time to connect things.
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    This is my first post and have not checked this site for awhile, can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved.
    I do want to let everyone know about the great service I received on my DNA warranty. I broke the swingarm, scanned and e-mailed my pics and info, and received a new one in about a week. Broke the frame near the end of last year had a new frame in a few weeks. (I got lucky the new run of frames was done when I broke mine.) It is all documented on the getstaisfaction.com link above under DNA warranty.

For arguments sake why don't the two pissed people scan and post their non-personal info here and we will see what happens. I scanned and sent what MC asked, had great service and find it hard to believe MC are treating you differently.

Hope it works out for all.

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    +1 on showing legit info on here...hell, they've put everything else on here...how about some actual proof? (and that doesnt mean circling the word "colis" on a photo).
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast