Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 113
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27

    San Andreas DNA - Broken Frame

    Hi,
    I bought a DNA frame... After one year (more or less) the frame was cracked in the swingarm support
    I have tried to solve the problem with the store that sold me the frame... Nothing!!! I have send e-mails directly to Mountain Cycle and the answer was the same... Nothing!!!
    I have posted a message in th MC satisfaction site and I still get the same answer... Nothing!!! (http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc...s/broken_frame)

    So, here goes my alert tou you people.... Think twice before buying a MC bike!!!

  2. #2
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,157
    Hey everyone!

    It's End-er in disguise.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  3. #3
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Hey everyone!

    It's End-er in disguise.
    Doubtful
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    257
    wondered how long it would be before he logged on with a new name!!
    Mountain Cycle collector,i have 8 of 'em now!

  5. #5
    Mountain Cycle Member
    Reputation: cHoc Nr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Doubtful
    indeed, en-der's frame is red, not black
    shoot me again, I ain't dead yet

    I do not have mountainbikes, I have Mountain Cycles

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by cHoc Nr1
    indeed, en-der's frame is red, not black
    and this one is Portugal not Spain. ooppps!

    should have read the link properly,sorry.
    Mountain Cycle collector,i have 8 of 'em now!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    560
    Round Two.... DING! DING!

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    They should take care of it and make it go away. It's kind of telling that they don't answer emails about warranties. And it's even worse how people gang up here on anyone with trouble. Same thing happened on the Ibex forum just now. THey all didn't believe the guy and declared him a troll, then he posted pics and then they just spammed the hell out of the thread.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    They should take care of it and make it go away. It's kind of telling that they don't answer emails about warranties. And it's even worse how people gang up here on anyone with trouble. Same thing happened on the Ibex forum just now. THey all didn't believe the guy and declared him a troll, then he posted pics and then they just spammed the hell out of the thread.

    Nobody is ‘ganging up’. Giving the recent Ender debacle, I think people are just a bit skeptical… As long as there is DNA frame’s being used & abused out there, I can expect threads like this to keep popping up. If anyone reads “End-er's warranty adventure (was: MC WARRANTY claims)” they would see there is a slim chance that MC can do anything about replacing a DNA frame at this point. Also, to follow Enders lead and make a comment like “So, here goes my alert tou you people.... Think twice before buying a MC bike!!!” is just irresponsible and IMO will get you no favors… It makes me wonder why the lack of response from MC… Every e-mail I have sent was retuned in a reasonable time. Why is this case different? Maybe we should not be so quick to judge, as there is in many cases, always more to the story…
    Last edited by MC9.5; 04-30-2009 at 12:51 PM.

  10. #10
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    They should take care of it and make it go away. It's kind of telling that they don't answer emails about warranties. And it's even worse how people gang up here on anyone with trouble. Same thing happened on the Ibex forum just now. THey all didn't believe the guy and declared him a troll, then he posted pics and then they just spammed the hell out of the thread.
    It's because there are people here that really did the warranty thing with MC, and know for a fact the service is excellent.

    To claim "that nothing was done" is hard to believe.
    MC doesn't make the San Ans anymore, so they offer the closest thing that seems to fill the void, but there are some out there, that will never be happy.
    They seem to believe, that a bike maker should retool just for a handful of warranty claims.
    That is not only very difficult for a small builder, but even the big companies offer different models as replacement frames, when a frame and/or bike is out of production.

    If I'm wrong and it really isn't Ender, then I apologize.
    I reserve the right to disbelieve that "nothing" has been done.

    I was suspicious that it's Ender, because of the style of writing.

    It's also another good reason to build a nice 6" travel trail bike.
    It would fill the warranty void that exists.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JRA009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    173
    As far as Mountain Cycle US can say I have never got an e-mail from this person (as it is probably an MCEU claim I'm sure Krien has spoken with this person). Ivo_goncalves did just join in April 2009 and only has this one post. I don't pass judgment on anyone until I have facts. My suggestion is to give this one a chance to blossom and see the fruit it produces. Thanks to the MC family for always looking out.

  12. #12
    VeloFello
    Reputation: VeloFello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    94

    We the people ...

    Just to make things PERFECTLY clear:

    We offer a 2year warranty.
    For it to be valid: you MUST have the proof of original ownership.

    If it is 2years + older OR you don't have a receipt: NO warranty.

    In these* cases: 50/50 is a VERY fair deal.
    (*or in any case where you want to swap out an older frame, any age/condition, but: only one time per customer)

    With regards Ivo, I have told him this several times now:
    A photo of 'a' receipt is not good enough: I need to be able to read it.
    Scan it, fax it or post it. He has the details.

    No readable valid receipt: no answer from us.
    I have some DNA spares, so we can help him, if first he just helps himself.

    Krien
    I'm a Mountain Cycle employee...
    Check out our new blog at MountainCycle.com
    Or if you are hooked on Facebook

  13. #13
    Mountain Cycle Member
    Reputation: cHoc Nr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloFello
    but: only one time per customer)
    To bad, i had so much frame's lying around


    Quote Originally Posted by VeloFello
    With regards Ivo, I have told him this several times now:
    A photo of 'a' receipt is not good enough: I need to be able to read it.
    Scan it, fax it or post it. He has the details.

    No readable valid receipt: no answer from us.
    I have some DNA spares, so we can help him, if first he just helps himself.

    Krien
    It makes you wonder, is it so hard for people to read and act on it??
    shoot me again, I ain't dead yet

    I do not have mountainbikes, I have Mountain Cycles

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27
    Hi people...
    You can all relax because Iīm not Ender!!!
    Everything that I have said is true. I have send e-mailīs to MC an did not get any answer!!!
    I can easily prove that... I can forward them. I have send to the following adresses:
    krien@mountaincycle.com and euhq@mountaincycle.com

    The only answer that I have it was posted here by Krien!!! And this answer show very well tha lack of professionalism of MC... As I told I did not get any answer from MC ever! How can Krien said:
    "With regards Ivo, I have told him this several times now:
    A photo of 'a' receipt is not good enough: I need to be able to read it.
    Scan it, fax it or post it. He has the details.

    No readable valid receipt: no answer from us.
    I have some DNA spares, so we can help him, if first he just helps himself."

    If you said that to me even once prove that (or anything else)... I did not send to you any photo of the receipt.
    And Krien, you can relax because I donīt find the receipt of the purchase (so you donīt have to bother because you donīt have to give any warranty)!!!! Or even better... donīt bother at all... I have repaired the frame and the piece of junk is working again!!!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    [Ironic mode on]

    Didnt answer you????!!! unbelibeable!!!!

    [Ironic mode off]

    Waiting for rumble and nobody answer me.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Hey everyone!

    It's End-er in disguise.

  17. #17
    VeloFello
    Reputation: VeloFello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    94
    Ivo and Jose

    Please stop for one moment and be REASONABLE.

    We will not engage in your conversations if you do not treat us, and our other customers, with respect and fairness.

    Ivo - You have STILL NOT sent through any proof of ownership. If you want to claim a warranty then we MUST have a copy of the receipt.

    Jose - the Rumble was delivered to the address you gave us, and somebody in your office signed for it on your behalf. It's been delivered, and so from our side we have nothing more to do on this matter.

    To everybody - we're constantly working to make our Customer Service experience even better, as other customers attest 95% of the time we over-deliver on our promises.

    But let me show Ivo and Jose as two examples of how not to go about getting MC to help you: if you lie to us / change your story to suit your current complaints / don't provide the documentary evidence we require (by law) and make un-reasonable and un-justified complaints in order to 'cause trouble'... we'll from now on expect us to be much firmer with this type of customer.
    I'm a Mountain Cycle employee...
    Check out our new blog at MountainCycle.com
    Or if you are hooked on Facebook

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloFello

    Jose - the Rumble was delivered to the address you gave us, and somebody in your office signed for it on your behalf. It's been delivered, and so from our side we have nothing more to do on this matter.
    ..........
    But let me show Ivo and Jose as two examples of how not to go about getting MC to help you: if you lie to us / change your story to suit your current complaints / don't provide the documentary evidence we require (by law) and make un-reasonable and un-justified complaints in order to 'cause trouble'... we'll from now on expect us to be much firmer with this type of customer.
    I you want to accuse me for lie, please give us evidences as i did

    I never changed my story and i never lied.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27
    Krien,

    Do you have a brain?
    Can you read?
    Iīm increasingly conviced that you must suffer a mental disorder.
    You donīt give answers to the problems and now your calling me a liar... The only person that is continuosly changing the story to suit MC interest is you. Everybody can confirm this without getting out of this thread!!!
    This give to everybody a very good picture of the lack of profissionalism of MC after sales service.
    As I told you in my previous post, I donīt find the receipt of the purchase so you donīt have to bother because you donīt have to give any warranty (oh... Sorry... For a moment I forgot that you donīt have a brain and you canīt read)!!!
    As you have showed that you are not interested to have a client like me, I have a nice proposal to you:
    Buy my frame. I will sell tou you for half price that it have costed to me.
    That will solve the problem for the both of us. You will get rid of a client that you donīt like and I will get rid of the scrap that you produce. Itīs a Win - Win solution.

  20. #20
    G..
    G.. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    189
    Ba-Boooooowwwww.
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27
    It seems that krien isnīt interested in the good deal that I have proposed...

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27
    As usual MC guys donīt give any sign off being interested to know what is going on with their bikes... In the past days I have realized that Iīm not the only one in this situation!!!
    You can verify this very easilly....
    MC guys claim that they have a good after sales service... I donīt know where they have this good service...
    My experience tell me that they have a bad after sales service... and that has nothing related with the fact off they being a small company!
    They donīt answer to complaints of the customers, they treat poorly their customers and they donīt want to know if they are putting in the market good products.
    Their main concern is if I have a proof of ownership... They didnīt want to know what was the problem and how it has appeared... They donīt want to study the problem and solve it in their production line... They are continuosly producing products with lack of quality!

    So, here goes my alert tou you people.... Think twice before buying a MC bike!!!

  23. #23
    G..
    G.. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    189
    Hello Ivo,

    I assure you that Krien as well as the rest of us at Mountain Cycle ARE interested in resolving issues.

    What though will happen when you go out and openly abuse the people you are dealing with is find a sure fire way to be shunted to the bottom of the pile or ignored altogether. Reading though your above posts, I find your manner offensive to say the least. How on earth do expect any service if you behave like a child?

    Please do not cite Jose in your mails about receiving bad service. We went out of our way to appease him, far beyond was required. It seems though he has either been dishonest or there is a thief where he works, as everything that was promised to him was delivered. If he has not received any item from those deliveries, then that is something he needs to take up on his end, not expect us to resolve for him.

    In your case, have you sent through your proof of ownership yet? Not a photograph but a copy of or the actual paper? If as you are saying you don't have it, then that will complicate issues four fold. No company in the world will warranty you without proof of purchase, so please do not expect us to. In cases such as this, your are at the favour of those in the company to grace you with good will. Insulting them, as mentioned, will ensure you receive none. I'll also remind you it's not for you to make offers to us, but for us to process your claim in a fair and reasonable manner according to our terms and conditions. If indeed your claim is reasonable, then it will be processed accordingly but as you have seemingly fixed it:

    "And Krien, you can relax because I donīt find the receipt of the purchase (so you donīt have to bother because you donīt have to give any warranty)!!!! Or even better... donīt bother at all... I have repaired the frame and the piece of junk is working again!!!"

    there should be no issue, though it makes me wonder just what was wrong with it in the first place. I'll also remind you now that as you have, or have had a third party, tampered with the frame, any warranty is now truly null and void.

    For everyone out there, as Krien mentioned we are working hard on delivering solid customer service. We have established http://getsatisfaction.com/mountaincycle for doing just this, and we regard mtbr, Pink Bike etc. more as places to chat with customers about MC, not warranties etc. As with everything, it's the happy people you never hear from, just those few with a bone to pick for whatever reason.

    I check these forums everyday as well as the 'Get Satisfaction' and 'Pink Bike' forums as part of our customer service. I will try to answer any questions or issues that come up as well as direct you through to the right channels to resolve any issue, outstanding or present. Please note that we are a small company and are very busy, so when I say I am on it, I am. It just might take a little time to connect things.
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11
    This is my first post and have not checked this site for awhile, can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved.
    I do want to let everyone know about the great service I received on my DNA warranty. I broke the swingarm, scanned and e-mailed my pics and info, and received a new one in about a week. Broke the frame near the end of last year had a new frame in a few weeks. (I got lucky the new run of frames was done when I broke mine.) It is all documented on the getstaisfaction.com link above under DNA warranty.

    For arguments sake why don't the two pissed people scan and post their non-personal info here and we will see what happens. I scanned and sent what MC asked, had great service and find it hard to believe MC are treating you differently.

    Hope it works out for all.

  25. #25
    Mountain Cyclist
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    320
    +1 on showing legit info on here...hell, they've put everything else on here...how about some actual proof? (and that doesnt mean circling the word "colis" on a photo).
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by G..
    ................................
    Please do not cite Jose in your mails about receiving bad service. We went out of our way to appease him, far beyond was required. It seems though he has either been dishonest or there is a thief where he works, as everything that was promised to him was delivered. If he has not received any item from those deliveries, then that is something he needs to take up on his end, not expect us to resolve for him................

    Waiting for rumble and nobody answer me.


    I proved that i just recived one package, i proved that Krien is a liar. MC knows that i only recived one package as you can read here:

    Dear Jose

    OK, thank you.

    With this I can track our courier and make a claim against the frame they have lost.

    I will authorise the release of a new frame to you this week.

    I will keep you informed to delivery

    Regards
    Krien


    So, YES, MC have the worst after sales sercice and MC staff are dishonest (where is the other frame wich Krien authorised to send me?) maybe my secretary stolen too and falsified the deliver docs too... and im sure She is in whistler riding two rumbles (she need two because the warranty problems).

    Im waiting for the Krien answers since I proved he is a liar. And of course, I waiting for the rumble frame.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by ENJOY THE RIDE
    This is my first post and have not checked this site for awhile, can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved.
    I do want to let everyone know about the great service I received on my DNA warranty. I broke the swingarm, scanned and e-mailed my pics and info, and received a new one in about a week. Broke the frame near the end of last year had a new frame in a few weeks. (I got lucky the new run of frames was done when I broke mine.) It is all documented on the getstaisfaction.com link above under DNA warranty.

    For arguments sake why don't the two pissed people scan and post their non-personal info here and we will see what happens. I scanned and sent what MC asked, had great service and find it hard to believe MC are treating you differently.

    Hope it works out for all.

    Who is dishonest, you or MC staff because, MC said they never had new swingarms fos San Andreas DNA(they sent me one very used), and i supose your frame was L size because the sais only had L size (they sent me L size, i use M)

    Last edited by End-er; 06-10-2009 at 04:11 AM.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcxu
    +1 on showing legit info on here...hell, they've put everything else on here...how about some actual proof? (and that doesnt mean circling the word "colis" on a photo).
    This is the documentation i sent to Krien and He replied this:

    Dear Jose

    OK, thank you.

    With this I can track our courier and make a claim against the frame they have lost.

    I will authorise the release of a new frame to you this week.

    I will keep you informed to delivery

    Regards
    Krien



    As you and everybody can see, "colis" translated to English is "Packages" there was only one package wiht the ID 1404, and is the pictures package with only the San Andreas.


  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11
    I'M AMERICAN, YOUR F'N RIGHT IT WAS A LARGE!! YOU STINKIN CREPE EATER.

    Just kiddin. My bike was large. I received a swingarm. The only gripe was I got a red replacement instead of the original anodized silver, but who cares it rides the same. I enjoyed talking to them, they seemed like just a bunch of MTBers.

    I don't want to argue, just wanted to relay my positive experience and see the facts when people slam reputations of a company that treated me very well. But- if it is just an issue of them saying they sent it, you saying they didn't- fill out a shipping insurance claim- you will get full value for the bike and can enjoy your 3 months vacations with any bike you chose. The liar can comit insurance fraud and deal with the consequences.

    Good luck!

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    274
    I still fail to see how pictures of a box (internal and external) is enough to prove MC didn't send something. It doesn't even prove you didn't get it. Not saying you are lying, but a few photos like that don't actually tell us anything.

    You have MC staff saying it was delivered and signed for, and you producing photo's of a box. I'd be inclined to go with the signatures as proof.

    As for the initial issue with providing proof of purchase, surely providing a photo copy is not that much of a request.

    At the end of the day, if you want help, you need to help the people help you. If you don't the issues just become complicated.

    I work in a customer service oriented industry and it is extremely difficult to assist in helping and resolving issues for someone carrying on like this. You can only help a customer so much I can't claim to to know the full story here, but I don't see dissatisfied people dealing in concrete facts, all I see is dissatisfied people trying attack employees to support their claim.

    My dealings with MC staff, albeit very limited, have been very positive and I can't wait to receive my frame. If there is issues, which I hope there won't be, I'll take this thread as a reference of how not to deal with people.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog
    I still fail to see how pictures of a box (internal and external) is enough to prove MC didn't send something. It doesn't even prove you didn't get it. Not saying you are lying, but a few photos like that don't actually tell us anything.

    You have MC staff saying it was delivered and signed for, and you producing photo's of a box. I'd be inclined to go with the signatures as proof.
    I not only have shown you pics of the box, i have shown the delivery documentation too and some Krien mails where He said that was a porblem with the delivery and He had authorized a new rumble shipping.
    So, where is the first rumble, and where is the second rumble?? MC only can probe that they sent one box and i recive one box with de San Andreas, but not the rumble.

    How can i help to solve this if MC dont answer me and they are calling me a liar without proofs???

  32. #32
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    For the record, I also read Krien's posting where he said they had troubles with their carrier and stuff not making it to the destination.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by End-er
    I not only have shown you pics of the box, i have shown the delivery documentation too and some Krien mails where He said that was a porblem with the delivery and He had authorized a new rumble shipping.
    So, where is the first rumble, and where is the second rumble?? MC only can probe that they sent one box and i recive one box with de San Andreas, but not the rumble.

    How can i help to solve this if MC dont answer me and they are calling me a liar without proofs???
    But reading that email from Krien that you have referenced, it could also be seen that MC did track the courier after receiving the delivery documentation from yourself. Following which they were advised by the courier it was signed for.

    Did Krien assume when he sent that email that there was an issue with the courier and upon later investigation it turned out to be otherwise? I don't know, but its as easy to draw that conclusion as it is to draw a conclusion from some random photo's.

    I'm not taking sides here, I just don't think that the photo's really back up anything.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog
    But reading that email from Krien that you have referenced, it could also be seen that MC did track the courier after receiving the delivery documentation from yourself. Following which they were advised by the courier it was signed for.

    Did Krien assume when he sent that email that there was an issue with the courier and upon later investigation it turned out to be otherwise? I don't know, but its as easy to draw that conclusion as it is to draw a conclusion from some random photo's.

    I'm not taking sides here, I just don't think that the photo's really back up anything.



    If i have this delivery documentation is because i recived a delivery, so yes, someone signed for this delivery. And this is all the proofs that MC have, the signature from my secretary, the person who signed.

    The problem is that the Shipping was only one box, as you can see in the pictures, and as you can see in the documentation. (only one ID number for one box)
    And you can see, the deliver documentation without open attached to the box, the only one box.

    When i recived the San Andreas, in this moment i made photos, I posted here and i sent mails to MC, Nobody said me if the San Andreas and Rumble was coming together or not, Krien could confirm that and i can cofirm that by the mails. So I suposed that the rumble was coming from another place or in other shippment, the time passed and i was waiting for rumble, i wrote mail to Krien and He said me that They were having problems with the carrier company and ask me for the deliver documentation, of course, Krien has a proof of signed deliver, because i recived the San Andreas.

    I supose the carrier company said that they are not the guilty, they are not lost the rumble, and Krien thought im a liar, but who is the liar if Krien said that they are having problems with the carrier company, Krien said that carrier company lost the rumble, Krien said that he authorized new rumble shippment, and now i still waiting for rumble. And the last new i recived for Krien was the signed from my secretary when recived the San Andreas, and Krien saying me that I recived the rumble???!! WTF??!!! I just recived the San Andreas and my secretary signed the shippment of the San Andreas only one box!!! Even MC said that maybe my secretary stolen the rumble!!!!! hahahaha a pregnant woman who works near to me and who is the most good person... ridiculous

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    179
    To End-er: The images that I see are not clear enough to read, assuming I could read anything but english anyway. The "email" could have been faked since it is justed pasted into a forum. How about someone supply the tracking number and company website that should show who signed what?

    From the post Jerk Chicken referenced (by VeloFello) "I know we've been getting some serious flack on this forum recently regarding "MC never delivered XYZ.." so let me just make one thing quickly clear (as I'm typing this, waiting on hold, again, with one of our shipping companies) once we ship goods - it's the transporter who is responsible for delivering them..."
    As far as I'm concerned the one doing the choosing/hiring of the shipping company is responsible for following up on delivery. Sounds like you need to find a better shipping company if they are so bad.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27
    Mr G,

    It seem that you want to treat this issue like an adult. Excelent for me!
    Iīll tell the wholw history and my point of view. You can disagree with it, and other people can have other experience of working with MC and have a diferent point a view. But this is mine:
    My DNA frame has broken in mid September of 2008. I went to the store where I have bought it (Gaiabike) and they have said that theyīll work out a solution. After almost 2 month of: "I donīt have answers from MC, maybe tomorrow or next week..." and "MC is shipping spare parts... Maybe your frame is on this shippment" they finnaly have said that they couldnīt do more and gave me some e-mails adresses from MC.
    Then I have sent e-mailīs (as you can see in the picture) explaining what had happened. Do you know how much answers did I get from those e-mailīs? Zero, nothing...

    So, I was without bike and without any solution! I have decided to repair the frame even knowing that Iīll lose any chance of getting a warranty (nobody at MC was giving atention to the issue anyhow) and knowing that wasnīt a very good technical solution. But at least it put me riding again.

    After some time I found the MC site "Get satisfaction" and I have posted a photo reporting the problem: http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc...s/broken_frame
    Do you know how much answers did I get? The same as previous: Zero, nothing!!!!!

    After a few days I have posted here a message... And I agree with you: I wasnīt very nice with MC. But if you were in my position would you be nice? What reasons do I have, until the momment, to be nice with you guys?

    My first MC answer cames with message #12 of this thread and with it cames the first lie. You can confirm this lie in the picture that I have sent an e-mail to the US MC.

    The second MC answer cames in message #13 of this thread. Krien for the first time explain to me what it was needed to present a valid claim. But along with it came more lies and the "usual cortesy":
    "With regards Ivo, I have told him this several times now:
    A photo of 'a' receipt is not good enough: I need to be able to read it.
    Scan it, fax it or post it. He has the details.

    No readable valid receipt: no answer from us.
    I have some DNA spares, so we can help him, if first he just helps himself.

    Krien"

    As I have stated in message #15 and in the previous messages nobody from MC said ANYTHING to me!! EVEN ONCE! And how can I have send a photo of a receipt if I donīt have a receipt??!!
    And saying: "No readable valid receipt: no answer from us." itīs the same saying: "No receipt: We donīt care about it..."! Let me put you some questions:
    1. Do you have any doubts that my frame is one made by MC?
    2. Do your frames have a serial number? If they have why do you need a receipt or anything else?

    The third answer from MC (#17 of this thread) begins saying that I should be reasonable... And finished calling me a liar and trouble maker!!! With such statement who is being un-reasonable? Who is behaving like a child? If MC insults me wich are the reasons that I have to be nice with you guys?
    So, I have answered in the same language in post #19. In post #22 I have posted my feelings about MC company. And isnīt only Ivo and Jose that have some story to tell:
    http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc...waranty_policy
    http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc..._contacting_mc
    http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc...is_my_subframe
    I found 3 diferent examples in less than 5 minutes!!!!
    And for the end I will put you a final question: If you were in my position what would you have done different?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  38. #38
    G..
    G.. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    189
    Ivo,

    Thank you for your indepth mail. I will look into this for you to find the answer. I can assure you, and everyone else, there has been no underhandedness on part of Mountain Cycle, so it pains me to see you angry about the way you have felt to be treated.

    There may be answers not passed on to you, there may a different perspective from Mountain Cycle itself. Regardless I will discuss and post what I learn, be it for or against your favour.

    I would like to remind everyone though that while the name Mountain Cycle remains the same, the company is completely new. As such the company has no direct responsibility for the frames produced by the past owners. This has been expressed numerous times. Mountain Cycle though believes very strongly in taking care of its patrons both past and present, so has, and is, making every effort to resolve issues with bikes from the past, of which Ivo yours is one. For the most part this has been working very well, as many happy customers will attest to.

    Like I said, I will look into this and post accordingly.

    As far and the being nice bit goes, the saying 'speak to others as you would like to be spoken to' comes to mind
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    179
    "1. Do you have any doubts that my frame is one made by MC?
    2. Do your frames have a serial number? If they have why do you need a receipt or anything else?"

    I buy most of my frames from ebay or second hand and I don't expect them to be covered by warranty.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Poor
    "1. Do you have any doubts that my frame is one made by MC?
    2. Do your frames have a serial number? If they have why do you need a receipt or anything else?"

    I buy most of my frames from ebay or second hand and I don't expect them to be covered by warranty.

    Obviously some people think they deserve special treatment…

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27
    I was looking for guys like you both (Bike Poor and MC9.5)!!!
    Iīve got an very interest deal... Iīve got a frame to sell...
    What do you say?

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by ivo_goncalves
    I was looking for guys like you both (Bike Poor and MC9.5)!!!
    Iīve got an very interest deal... Iīve got a frame to sell...
    What do you say?

    I would gladly take the main frame off your hands for free. Unfortunately the shipping cost from Portugal would probably not be worth the effort…
    Most bike company’s warranty only pertains to original owners. There may be some out there that cover 2nd hand purchases, but I am not aware of any…
    From MC’s site:
    Brief Warranty Conditions:
    • Mountain Cycle warranties it’s frames for the Original user against manufacturing defects.
    • Accident damage does not count as a defect…
    • Components (including shocks) fitted to the bike are the responsibility of the brand who made them.
    • Frames must have been used for their “intended use” - so no DHing on a XC bike.
    • You must be the original owner, and it should have been purchased via one of our authorised retailers.
    • You must have regularly serviced their bike and have kept it in good mechanical condition.
    • You must provide the purchase invoice + photographic evidence to support your claim.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27
    For free?!! LOL! Now I understand why you donīt bother with warranties...
    Just to make things perfectly clear for you:
    "Brief Warranty Conditions:
    • Mountain Cycle warranties it’s frames for the Original user against manufacturing defects. – Iīm the original user and yes is a manufacturing defect… And itīs very easy to prove!!•
    Accident damage does not count as a defect… - It isnīt a damage defect•
    Components (including shocks) fitted to the bike are the responsibility of the brand who made them. – there are no problems with the shockīs•
    Frames must have been used for their “intended use” - so no DHing on a XC bike. – The bike wasnīt “abused”. Itīs my first frame that brakes! Even the ones that Ihave bought in the supermarket Iwas able to brake!!!•
    You must be the original owner, and it should have been purchased via one of our authorised retailers. – I am the original owner and I hve bought it in an authorised retailer (Gaiabike - http://www.gaiabike.com/Inicio.html)•
    You must have regularly serviced their bike and have kept it in good mechanical condition. – The maintenance of the bike is up to date…•
    You must provide the purchase invoice + photographic evidence to support your claim. – I donīt have the purchase invoice (I have lost it).

    MC can arrange a lot more warranty conditions but the fact is that Iīm the original buyer of the frame, the frame was broken due to a lack of quality and they did not gave an answer in usefull time...
    I think that a frame that crackīs like mine is a critical damage. And the treatment that has been done to the matter shows very well why the DNA project went to the drain!!!

  44. #44
    Mountain Cycle Member
    Reputation: cHoc Nr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by ivo_goncalves
    You must provide the purchase invoice + photographic evidence to support your claim. – I donīt have the purchase invoice (I have lost it).
    So then why should Mountain Cycle grand you a warranty, solely because of the fact that you're frame broke?


    Then i could do that with my mobile to; "hey, my mobile broke, it fell from 4 inch, and it shattered in pieces, i don't have the purchase invoice anymore, give me a new one......."
    And with my car, if i have a flat tyre, just call the manufacturer, the'll fix it....

    They will say, where is you're proof of ownership on paper, and in the case of the car manufacturer, go to you're dealer where you've bought the car.
    Mountain Cycle is doing the same thing with warranty's as other company's, you have to provide a proof of first ownership on paper, are they doing it wrong??


    And besides that, now that you have fixed you're bike yourself, you have thrown you're warranty that you still might had, if you could find the papers, out of the window. If it brakes again, even if it brakes somewhere else, it's totaly you're show.
    shoot me again, I ain't dead yet

    I do not have mountainbikes, I have Mountain Cycles

  45. #45
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    your =/= you're

  46. #46
    G..
    G.. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    189
    Ivo and All,

    I have said that I am looking into this and I am. There is little point Ivo in continuing your complaining, in answer to a post or otherwise. If, when I post the outcome of my research into this matter, you do not like the answer, what you do from there will be up to you but until then, how about just sitting tight?
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    351
    Ivo, I'd assume that it might be possible for you to contact Gaiabike and get them to generate a copy of your purchase receipt.

    They ought to have you on file if it was an online purchase.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Poor
    To End-er: The images that I see are not clear enough to read, assuming I could read anything but english anyway. The "email" could have been faked since it is justed pasted into a forum. How about someone supply the tracking number and company website that should show who signed what?
    not clear enough to read?????





    Krien or MC staff can write here if there are any false document.
    But if anyone wants images more clearly or emails capture (not copy/paste), no problem.

    From the post Jerk Chicken referenced (by VeloFello) "I know we've been getting some serious flack on this forum recently regarding "MC never delivered XYZ.." so let me just make one thing quickly clear (as I'm typing this, waiting on hold, again, with one of our shipping companies) once we ship goods - it's the transporter who is responsible for delivering them..."
    As far as I'm concerned the one doing the choosing/hiring of the shipping company is responsible for following up on delivery. Sounds like you need to find a better shipping company if they are so bad.
    MC said sometimes that they are having problems with their delivery company, in fact Krien admited that the delivery company lost my rumble.
    Last edited by End-er; 06-16-2009 at 03:33 AM.

  49. #49
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by ivo_goncalves
    You must provide the purchase invoice + photographic evidence to support your claim. I donīt have the purchase invoice (I have lost it).
    No proof of purchase.
    End of story.

    I'm going to repost this as needed.
    Others feel free to do the same.

    Later, Eric.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27
    Recently I have bought a car. A few weeks ago I received a letter telling me that I have to go to the dealer to make an upgrade to the software that manages the engine. The software that was installed at the factory was not correct. I went to the dealers and guess what?
    NOBODY ASKED ME FOR A PROOF OF PURCHASE!!!
    For what I see where this must be very strange!!!
    Each company have his policies regarding to warranty conditions and after sales service.
    MC gives a 2 year warranty for the frames and you well now that other manufacturers give a lifetime warranty!!!
    If you asked me if a proof of ownership is essencial? I will tell you that itīs important but not imperative. If I were working in the after sales service of MC I was more interested in solving the customer problem and trying to find the reasons that led to the problem to make the necessary adjustments in my production sistem to avoid further problems.
    Now let me be perfectly clear with all you guys:
    Iīm not asking for a warranty, Iīm telling you all the experience that I have with MC.
    I donīt fullfil the warranty conditions and beside that I have welded the frame... And why do I have welded the frame?
    Because I do not have a single word from MC... The first time that I have a word from MC was in this thread at 30-04-09 and the frame was broken in September 2008!!!
    If MC wants to propose some kind of solution thatīs fine by me and I will report to all of you guys!
    But until now I donīt have nice things to say about this case and when I have time and patiente I will show you guys why the frame was broke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •