mtbr member

Robert Reisinger! How about giving it another try??

I know today Robert is a better engineer and businessman? Some mistakes were made the first time around. Now you have the knowledge, that you didn't have then. So how about giving it another try? I know you have bike ideas that your just itching to engineer. So why not have another go at it??
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

75% Mountain cycle

Amen Brother!

Reisinger probably has some great ideas brewing but he probably likes life outside the bike industry too well.

On a side note - I'm bitter at the new MC for failing to bring out the 20th Aniverisery SA Classic. They put me "on a list" about a year ago or so but didn't come through. They said it was delayed for a while but that fizzled out. 2008 is history and so is their chance at a 20th aniversery. I know, "just let the SA Classic die" but I'm on my last pivot on my 2000 model.

All the other functional brands/bikes seem either boring or dime-a-dozen. No offense to any of you personally.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nice build! But dang, how tall are you?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i like that too! those upside-down forks look good.

goes to show how versatile the S/A frame is cos SanAnMan must be v.v.tall and the same frame fits me no probs and next to him i would look like a midget.lol
    Mountain Cycle collector,i have 8 of 'em now!

Hmmmmm
    It's not too late for a 20th anniversary San An. The old girls company originated in 1988 with forks and brakes, but the San An herself originated as a 91 or 92 model year.

That being said, the bike does need a redesign.

I like my 06, it's a fun bike and a conversation piece, but it wouldn't keep the company in business.

Now that I've had a cooling off period, I want something new and refreshing with an updated rear suspension.
    Something that deserves the name San Andreas at least in spirit.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    It's not too late for a 20th anniversary San An. The old girls company originated in 1988 with forks and brakes, but the San An herself originated as a 91 or 92 model year.

That being said, the bike does need a redesign.

I like my 06, it's a fun bike and a conversation piece, but it wouldn't keep the company in business.

Now that I've had a cooling off period, I want something new and refreshing with an updated rear suspension.
    Something that deserves the name San Andreas at least in spirit.
    they are back, distributed by east coast cycle supply, watch at i bike!

Hmmmmm
    Check this out.
    Mr. Reisinger is paying attention to what is going on at MC.

http://getsatisfaction.com/mountainc...ndreas_classic

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Would Love To But.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn
    I know today Robert is a better engineer and businessman? Some mistakes were made the first time around. Now you have the knowledge, that you didn't have then. So how about giving it another try? I know you have bike ideas that your just itching to engineer. So why not have another go at it??
    Shawn,
    Thanks for the vote of confidence and your love of something I too lived my life for, for more than 15 years of endless hours of blood, sweat and tears. As much as that sounds like fun and a whole hell of a lot of work, I'm not sure it could or would ever happen. Yes, I have never stopped considering new designs for the MC product line, but true success in new design ideas are filled with roads of failures in the R&D phase to reach the final goal, and that is an expensive road one must be prepared to go down.

Manufacturer in the USA is nearly impossible to do and still make a profit as I set out to do with the original MC company, and as you pointed out, I made some mistakes along the way that made it hard to reach the profitable goal I and others hoped for. If all things were in place to try again, it could be exciting and fun, but it is not on my radar scope currently... so to speak.

Keep the faith... I do love seeing all the MC followers; never knew we made such a lasting impression. RR.

mtbr member
    It's nice to hear from you! The last time we talked was at a MC garage sale in SLO. We talked about how some people can ride really fast but light and be easy on equipment and visa versa.

I know what you mean, about the manufacturing hear in the US. Plus the competition, plus the economy.

But, I have ideas. Like frame building, that requires no welding. I have an idea that every bike riding kid in America will want to have!

Your products have made a huge impression! They have changed peoples lives, they changed and shaped the indusrty. That's priceless and you should be proud!!

So, don't let the idea of doing it again die!
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 09-22-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

75% Mountain cycle

Looks Tall

Nice build! But dang, how tall are you?
    Maybe it just looks tall with the 24" wheels.

Check this out, been moving and dug out my back-up 2005 San Andreas. I'll be building that up soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAnMan
    Maybe it just looks tall with the 24" wheels.

Check this out, been moving and dug out my back-up 2005 San Andreas. I'll be building that up soon.
    WOW!! how many spare SanAn's do you have? i have two frames that are "resting" at the moment but i am glad to see someone out there with more!
    Mountain Cycle collector,i have 8 of 'em now!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    It's nice to hear from you! The last time we talked was at a MC garage sale in SLO. We talked about how some people can ride really fast but light and be easy on equipment and visa versa.

I know what you mean, about the manufacturing hear in the US. Plus the competition, plus the economy.

But, I have ideas. Like frame building, that requires no welding. I have an idea that every bike riding kid in America will want to have!

Your products have made a huge impression! They have changed peoples lives, they changed and shaped the indusrty. That's priceless and you should be proud!!

So, don't let the idea of doing it again die!

i only can say, YES that`s true!
    The San Andreas was my first bike i felt in love with.
    I took years to get one because about this time i was a little bit younger and was at school.
    Nowadays i would whish a new SanAndreas with the old design (not like the DNA) but with a little bit optimised in some ways.
    Im looking forward to see a SanAndreas again in bike buizz!

greatz from Germany

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Since RR is lurking about, I would LOVE to know what you've hung on to in the way of bikes/stuff from the old days.
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

Hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcxu
    Since RR is lurking about, I would LOVE to know what you've hung on to in the way of bikes/stuff from the old days.
    X2

I was just thinking about that myself. I had to wonder, does Grandmaster R, still have an original San An?

What other treasures does our Mountain Bike Hall of Famer have laying around?
    I'd like to see...

Erico Maximvs.

Peace and Long Rides...