75% Mountain cycle

Project San Andreas

This is 2004 This is a work in progress and I am still considering options for the front end but it's fully ride-able, v-brakes temporarily in front. I got the BB height down to 13.5 with a 24 rear wheel and my custom shortened shock mounts discussed several years ago on this forum. It rides great in this 24x26 configuration. Ive ridden so many different bikes over the years and none do what the San Andres does for me. If anyone knows of a 2005 or 2006 San Andreas frame for sale Im always open to hoarding them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project San Andreas-my-2004-san-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Are you looking for the old 04 SS Rumble frame or the removable dropouts for newer Rumble ?

75% Mountain cycle

The older SS Rumble frames are better

I like the older fixed SS dropouts.

mtbr member
    best of luck.

2004 was the only year for that frame, they are hard to come by. Great lightweight SS

mtbr member
    I have one for sale. I'll even knock some off, because it has your shock mount plates on it! Also have the older Rumble SS frame, both like new.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

75% Mountain cycle

Leaving the fold?

Is "Mountain Cycle Shawn" leaving the fold?

I put the shiver on the San An with 24" wheels front and back, it was fun for urban adventures (photo 1) I built it back in XC form w/ 26 front, 24 rear, because I use it more that way. I am shopping for a front shock but the old Minute works so well it's hard to justify.

I did pick up a used Rumble SS S-1 frame a few months ago so I am cool. PM me on the San An.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project San Andreas-img_20100916_194816.jpg  

Project San Andreas-img_20101013_184356.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAnMan
    Is "Mountain Cycle Shawn" leaving the fold?

I put the shiver on the San An with 24" wheels front and back, it was fun for urban adventures (photo 1) I built it back in XC form w/ 26 front, 24 rear, because I use it more that way. I am shopping for a front shock but the old Minute works so well it's hard to justify.

I did pick up a used Rumble SS S-1 frame a few months ago so I am cool. PM me on the San An.
    Hey! I PMed you and never heard anything. I hope eveything is ok with you! I have a frame with your name on it!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Ok, I guess you don't check your email to often. To get back to you about our last email. 400, no shock, I'll pay the shipping and I would like to keep the small seat tower, as I can use it on my other SA for my GF. Let me know, because I would rather sell it to you before someone bids on Ebay.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT