Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

My San Andreas

Here's a pic of my san Andreas, I have actually just bought a Foes frame, so this one is for sale. I have fitted a Different shock from the pic aswell.

Cheers

Ivan
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hey all, great lookin MC's!!

Here is my new Rumble Just bought the frame and moved all my old components over from my old ride (Specialized Pro). It's been a few years since I rode, but now am living in Beijing so I thought I'd climb back in the saddle.

After seeing all the great reviews on the Rumble frame I luckily found one at a bike shop near my place.....WOOOT~~!! Since I BMX'd alot when I was a kid, this frame seemed to be just what I needed. I never liked my old Specialized with rear suspension (lousy early rear suspension design) cuz it never felt stable.

Due to a lack of fund'age I couldn't buy some new 130mm single crown forks, but the shop had this used Marzocchi Junior T 03 at a great price. I gathered from reading reviews that 130mm travel is just right for this frame, but my old Rock Shox Indy forks were 80mm, and that just seemed like it would ruin the ride (or my face when endo'ing) so I got the Junior T's.

Anyhow, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the probs I may encounter running this fork. Most of my riding is around the city, but I'd love to hit the mountains on the outskirts to catch some air. The folks at the bike shop are DH nutters, so I'm sure I'll have to join them sometime soon Any comments are appreciated

Regards,
    Chris

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi All, here's a pic of my San Andreas, It hard to come by a bike like this.

to fullfill

Cheers

Koh

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Obottu dont worry about the dual crown fork on that frame. I have the same fork on my rumble. Its so much fun to ride. Ill put pictures of mine up later tonight.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by o b u t t o
    Hey all, great lookin MC's!!

Here is my new Rumble Just bought the frame and moved all my old components over from my old ride (Specialized Pro). It's been a few years since I rode, but now am living in Beijing so I thought I'd climb back in the saddle.

After seeing all the great reviews on the Rumble frame I luckily found one at a bike shop near my place.....WOOOT~~!! Since I BMX'd alot when I was a kid, this frame seemed to be just what I needed. I never liked my old Specialized with rear suspension (lousy early rear suspension design) cuz it never felt stable.

Due to a lack of fund'age I couldn't buy some new 130mm single crown forks, but the shop had this used Marzocchi Junior T 03 at a great price. I gathered from reading reviews that 130mm travel is just right for this frame, but my old Rock Shox Indy forks were 80mm, and that just seemed like it would ruin the ride (or my face when endo'ing) so I got the Junior T's.

Anyhow, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the probs I may encounter running this fork. Most of my riding is around the city, but I'd love to hit the mountains on the outskirts to catch some air. The folks at the bike shop are DH nutters, so I'm sure I'll have to join them sometime soon Any comments are appreciated

Regards,
    Chris
    The only problems will be when you are doing BMX style riding since you'll have slacker geometry and won't be able to do x-ups. Your bike will be better for riding with the ""DH nutters", since the longer front travel and slacker geometry will help you out. Don't worry about the bigger fork damaging the frame, you'll be fine. I had a huge *' Monster T on my Rumble for a while, no problem,

Tim

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Cheers fellas, glad to hear the frames integrity isn't being compromised with this fork. I'm taking it out to a local bmx track this week to get some small air.......it's been a while and these guys at the bike shop are pretty persistent on getting me out there, so perhaps the flatter bmx track will be good practice. I hope it doesn't take too long to get used to the weight of the front end

Thanks again for the help!

mtbr member

Here's mine

Its a '96.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

My 2003 San Andreas...

Set up for XC with Bomber drop-offs.
    Last edited by Padi R; 10-24-2007 at 10:06 AM.

mtbr member

Ahem, a small Scottish gathering of MC's!

Gus
    SCOTLAND! Where men are men and sheep are scared!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

My original San Andreas

Hi folks, I am new here and glad to find some fellow Mountain cycle owners.
    Here is my San Andreas that I have had from new since about '94 or '95. Changed a few things over the years (rear shock, forks) but I love this bike!!
    See you in the Peak District, UK sometime....
    PS Does anyone know how I can fit modern disc brakes onto the old Pro Stop lugs on the rear swing arm?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Nice!

Now that is a Classic!!!....(pun intended).

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Check it out my babe

mtbr member
    MMMMM, are they Brembos on the 9.5?

Peak Panther - that's how my San An started out, when the mainframe failed it was replaced with the red front end, then the seat tower went after that and was replaced with the newer style. I'd love another old style "tubular" seat tower though. Touch wood the swingarm is going strong nearly 15 years down the line!
    I reckon BETD would make a mount up for you, maybe Twisted could find the CAD drawings for the original Pro-Stop - IS mount?

Gus

Hmmmmm
    Well Gus...we now know what's under your kilt !

I still think Shawn and Peak Panther also, should post photos in the Vintage, Retro, Classic forum's photo gallery.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Well Gus...we now know what's under your kilt !

I still think Shawn and Peak Panther also, should post photos in the Vintage, Retro, Classic forum's photo gallery.
    Ok!! And I'll post a pic of my new one here!

mtbr member

This is my newer...

San Andreas! I am looking for an '06 Manitou Minute, 130mm, QR, with IT adjuster in order to make it perfect!

mtbr member

Thought I'd scan a couple in from back in the day - this would be 93/94.
    Original elastomer aftershock - 2.5" (?) of completley undamped goodness. Bought a Risse Genesis (which is still perfect now) pretty soon after I got Buckaroo'd over the bars! that took it to 3" travel. I now run a DT Swiss air shock, 152mm eye to eye which gives 3.75" travel. I tried it with a 165mm shock (giving 4.5" travel) and just didn't get on with it.

Halson Inversion forks, XT/XTR (7 speed thumbies, still on the Cove now!) and Pace rings - 24, 38, 52. And of course a 2.2 Smoke/Dart. I really wish Panaracer would remake the 2.2 Dart. They were a true revelation in steering back then.

Are there any of the original stickers still availabe anywhere?

Gus

Hmmmmm
    Gus, thats another one that should get posted in the Vintage, Retro, Classic Forum's photo gallery. Which by the way, is a link in post one, not the actual thread. Although it would look nice next to Shawn's.
    As for the stickers, I'd post a thread and ask, some of the MC people are hording those things. You never know what might turn up.

What's under Gus's kilt?

Something big and red !

Later, Eric.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Eric;

St.Anton in Austria - not one for the powder days (result = small and blue!)

Hmmmmm
    Are the three big red Mountain Cycles, compensation for the side effects of the ski trips ?

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    I'd like to point out that the occasional effect of a crash is not long lasting, normally cured with Gluwein (mulled wine) and much Red Bull and red Vodka (Flugl's)!

Just in case there's any laydee MC owners....

alias chicken
    My 9.5 and my Rumble!

mtbr member
    Here's my old bike. Just started to ride again. Doing some simple fire roads first. Getting the mod bug again and just started buying a whole bunch of upgrades.

75% Mountain cycle

My 2000

Here' my 1999 or 2000 San Andreas (not sure year - pre steer-stopper).

Anyone know what year the San An got the Steer-stopper upgrade? Was it 2001?

I went with pure function on the parts pick as every other dime I have goes into grad school. Soon I'll fit her up with discs and maybe an RP3.

Hmmmmm
    That's an interesting use of a brake noodle on the rear dérailleur.
    Does it help shifting?

Later, Eric.

Peace and Long Rides...

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast