Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Not too much, taxes and homework wish I was on the trail!

Whatchu up to?

mtbr member
    Taxes suck! Just got off work. Going to fill my belly and go to the gym.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

shut up legs

Completed Stumptown......
    Salsa Mukluk | Salsa Fargo | Surly Krampus
    Mountain Cycle Stumptown

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well here is my current MC line up......the first its my 2010 Rumble. Its currently not built but is getting a all new drive train and wheel set. I love the longer fork on it, such a fun bike to ride.

The next is my Fury that i got real cheap from a friend. Love this bike too just wish it had a little bit more travel in the back end....and no i don't ride the bike with the seat post up that far.

This is my girlfriends DH rig. Its a Sin that i have had for quite some time and thought it needed to be taken back to the trails. Its super light and she loves it. Ya i know they say not to use this bike as a DH rig but she only weighs 110lbs so i don't think she gonna break the frame.

And the last is the battery's. The orange one is mine and the white one (yes the only white one MC ever made) is my roommates. I use mine for just the jump trail at Highland Mountain bike park and my roommate uses his for all around riding. Its great for the DH and XC.

The last on is the MC's on my car headed to Highland to ride for the day. The best thing about owning a MC is no one else has one. So MC get your **** together and make another great couple of bike like i have here.

75% Mountain cycle

Busted out the San Andreas yesterday - what a great riding bike!

Been riding lots of high end stuff over the years. Dusted off the San Andreas yesterday, pumped up the tires and shocks, what a ride, still the best bike I have ever ridden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Mountain Cycle-2012-04-19-san-smaller.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    what size fork is that on your fury?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

You Never Forget Your First! Or Second MC!

My first MC in black which I sold back in 2007.

Missed it so much I had to buy another one (2005 in Red).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Mountain Cycle-imgp7767_small.jpg  

Post Your Mountain Cycle-my-mc.jpg  

Last edited by Fred2726; 04-27-2012 at 07:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. Embarrassingly enough, I bought the DHS frame new from greenfishsports.com back in 2006. Today, it was finally brought to life. It has replaced my beat to hell 1996 Cannondale Super V Carbon 900.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Mountain Cycle-mcsa.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 87Porsche View Post
    Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. Embarrassingly enough, I bought the DHS frame new from greenfishsports.com back in 2006. Today, it was finally brought to life. It has replaced my beat to hell 1996 Cannondale Super V Carbon 900.
    Right on! That's a good version to have. That version doesnt seem to have the upper shock mount block peel problem of the previous version.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Right on! That's a good version to have. That version doesnt seem to have the upper shock mount block peel problem of the previous version.
    Do you happen to know what the last year was they made these? The user manual says 2004 on the cover. I'm also curious as to where it was made.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    tattoojim,I'm running a rock shox domain 318 which has 180mm of travel. Its slacked out a little but that's how I like my bikes.

mtbr member
    Do you happen to know what the last year was they made these? The user manual says 2004 on the cover. I'm also curious as to where it was made.
    I'm pretty sure 2004. They made the DNA in '05 and '06. Think that one was made in Portland, by Kinesis, who owned MC at the time.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Also, I would run the upper shock plates as high as you can on the frame. It will lower the bottom bracket a little and slacken the head tube a little. Both will be good things and make the bike ride better. Although the bottom bracket will still be high, thats just the way this bike is. Take the spring off the shock and make sure the shock will bottom out before the swingarm hits the seat tower, before you move the plates up.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

75% Mountain cycle

Peel?

MC Shawn - I think I missed the discussion on the peel problem? What can you tell me about it? I have attached a photo I scavenged years ago from a MTBR thread just to keep in my archives. Was this a chronic probelm?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Yeah that's it. I didn't think that version had that problem. But to peel the block off and break the seat tower like that, something is up with that one. Like a 300 pound guy was sitting on it and hit a big bump. If you ride it like you're supposed to, that's not going to happen.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    It was a problem with the earlier version. To my knowledge, not that version.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Also, I would run the upper shock plates as high as you can on the frame. It will lower the bottom bracket a little and slacken the head tube a little. Both will be good things and make the bike ride better. Although the bottom bracket will still be high, thats just the way this bike is. Take the spring off the shock and make sure the shock will bottom out before the swingarm hits the seat tower, before you move the plates up.
    I think I tried that when I first got the frame. I couldn't put the plates in the top set of holes because the blue dial would hit the seat tower. That's what I'm remembering at least. I'll give it another shot because it would be nice if the frame was a bit lower.

75% Mountain cycle
    Yeah that's it. I didn't think that version had that problem. But to peel the block off and break the seat tower like that, something is up with that one. Like a 300 pound guy was sitting on it and hit a big bump. If you ride it like you're supposed to, that's not going to happen.
    So the later sealed bearing versions from Kenesis should be OK, right? I was thinking the same thing about the 300lb'er, I bet the one in this photo was a result of much more than "normal' riding.

mtbr member
    Like 87Porsche? Then yes.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    I think I tried that when I first got the frame. I couldn't put the plates in the top set of holes because the blue dial would hit the seat tower. That's what I'm remembering at least. I'll give it another shot because it would be nice if the frame was a bit lower.
    Honestly, it it were me, I would put on a shorter 6.5" x 1.5" stroke shock on it. They just work much better with a shorter shock and travel.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAnMan View Post
    Here's my san andreas. I'm looking for a 1999 to 2002 san andreas main frame.
    That thing is sweeet!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

03 San Andreas

XC set up with the stock short travel (4.5") fox float - I've never felt there's not enough travel on it, and with the shock in the top hole mount, bb height is sensible 13.5", comfortable for me and I'm only 5'7".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Mountain Cycle-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    That's the best setup for the SA. As long as the swingarm doesn't hit the seat tower at full bottom out.

Is that a small or medium seat tower?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member

Virtue For Sale

Mountain Cycle complete road bike, The Virtue. For Sale Full Campy set up and Mavic Wheel-set. Easton seat post, stem and WTB saddle are now on the bike so the existing gear is just for show. I also think I have an extra set of never used bars. Reinforced chainstay (drive side) where they are weak (pics upon request).

$1500.00 OBO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Mountain Cycle-pict0002.jpg  

Post Your Mountain Cycle-pict0012.jpg  

Post Your Mountain Cycle-pict0015.jpg  

Post Your Mountain Cycle-pict0021.jpg  

Post Your Mountain Cycle-pict0004.jpg  

mtbr member
    That's nice! Someone may want to know what size it is.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast