mtbr member
    Dec 2006

No more Mountain cycles in the stable.........

Well with only one MC left in the stable I'm almost not a MC rider any more. I sold my two Rumbles a couple of months ago and only have the Sin left. The Sin is starting to make some weird noises when the suspension is working according to my girlfriend (she only does XC on it). The bikes are such conversation pieces and i love the company but they just don't make a bike that fits my needs anymore. I'm currently riding a 08 Giant Reign XO and love it. I take it on epic XC rides and then just drop the seat post and take the bike to highland mtn bike park and tear up the down hill trails on the same bike. Its too bad MC doesnt make a bike like this. The other problem is MC doesn't make a bike small enough for my girlfriend. Ya she is currently riding a small SIN but the small Fury just has too tall of standover height for her, the Sin is almost too big. Not sure what my point is for this post just wanted to share my two cents. Oh and as for the girls bike i just ordered a new Jamis Dakar XAM 1 frame in a 15".
    Mike G.
    Be Positive Live LIfe

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I can relate. I have a San Andreas with a giant dent near the head tube that I use for XC. I cannot imagine it lasting much longer. My 9.5 is older than my screen name & is slated to be SOLD soon, as it will be replaced with a custom DH (with a ‘gear box’). Hate to see the 9.5 go, but it is time. This will only leave me with my Rumble which seems to get little use these days… MC needs to spit out a new bike soon or I too will be shopping around for another XC ride. If that happens, it would be years before I could entertain buying another MC product. What a Shame….
    What really gets me: We all know they are working on SOMETHING, but what exactly, who knows?? The veil of secrecy Mr. G.. (No offense G..) portrays about the new product does little for my confidence that I will be riding an MC in the future…

MC9.5
    Last edited by MC9.5; 09-17-2009 at 02:14 PM.

G..
    mtbr member
    It should not 'get' you, or anyone else. It's not so much secrecy (and no offense taken) but it's business practice. Yes, there are new things being worked on for next year, and this is no lie but right now we are not willing to go public with them because of all sorts of confidentiality issues.

I'll be the first to say that I think a little too much was said up front too early but things are now under control a lot more.
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by G..
    It should not 'get' you, or anyone else. It's not so much secrecy (and no offense taken) but it's business practice. Yes, there are new things being worked on for next year, and this is no lie but right now we are not willing to go public with them because of all sorts of confidentiality issues.

I'll be the first to say that I think a little too much was said up front too early but things are now under control a lot more.

I understand business / confidentiality issues, but what is the problem saying it will be XC, AM, FR, DH or all of the above that you are working on for next year? As an MC fan, If I go & plunk down some serious $$ on someone else’s product, only to find out that MC releases the same category of bike soon thereafter…. YES, that will GET ME! I do not think anyone is asking for you to give up trade secrets, but some VERY basic info and approximate timeline may help people plan for the not so distant future. Is that really too much to ask? Loosely defining “a few things” would go a long way in helping me out (& a few others I’m sure). I know your hands are probably tied, but any information you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks G..

Hmmmmm
    The secrecy is annoying, but G.. is right, it's a necessary thing. Other manufactures will steal new ideas and then claim it's theirs.
    I'm not referring to things like the Horst Link either, Specialized bought that patent outright fair and square.

I do wish they had developed an XC / trailbike first though, instead of the Battery.
    Not that the Battery is a bad ride, but people have been waiting for something to replace the Fury and San An's for some time now.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

G..
    mtbr member

Basically I'll say there's a XC platform for sure, an AM(ish) platform and maybe something else that we have not categorised. Either way it's been discussed 2-3 new platforms to the CURRENT line.

Time line? Looking at mid next year.

---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by G..

Basically I'll say there's a XC platform for sure, an AM(ish) platform and maybe something else that we have not categorised. Either way it's been discussed 2-3 new platforms to the CURRENT line.

Time line? Looking at mid next year.

That is what I was looking for (+ no secrets given ). Thanks again G..

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hey,that's good news!I've recently sold my San An and will be looking to get something else but I really want to stay with MC.I'm looking for an XC/trail frame so I hope that's what's coming.Is mid or even end of next year realistic?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    but people have been waiting for something to replace the Fury and San An's for some time now.

Exactly…

After I retired my 3rd San Andreas, I scored a Cheap, used & dented SA that I figured would last me long enough until MC produced a new replacement. This was probably a year ago… The time has come to start planning a new ride. Due to all the e-speculation, I could have guessed at the answer G.. has given me, although it is finally good to hear it directly from the source. Now that I have confirmation of what is to come, I can plan accordingly…