mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Looking for a Pro-Stop to IS adapter

Anyone know where I could get a Pro-Stop to IS adapter? I have an old tandem frame with a Pro-Stop mount on it:

I have seen references online to Mountain Cycle having made them in the past, but all of the posts were several years old.

Thanks,
    Andy

mtbr member
    Yeah, I believe MC made some just before they were shut down by the parent company. Just remember that if you do find one, you will be putting two adapters on the MC mount that you have there. There is going to be a lot of leverage on that drop out, so I would go easy on the rear brake. They made an adapter for the Moho hard tail and the drop out broke on most of them.

You can ask here. You have to ask to be added to the group. I'll add you as soon as I can.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ClubMountainCycle/
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 12-11-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That is a good point about leverage. The Pro-Stop disc was originally used as a drag brake on the tandem. There are bosses for an under-chainstay U brake as well. I have thought about cutting the Pro-Stop mount off and brazing on an IS adapter, but never have, partly because I'd like to keep it original (but mostly because I don't want to have to repaint it).

Thanks.

G..
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Yeah, I believe MC made some just before they were shut down by the parent company....
    Nope, no adapters or any other out of date parts were ever remade. The only parts we made were the 29er Rumble dropout replacements. And as a heads up, you can always cross reference parts with the list we've built here: Mountain Cycle Spare Parts or ask the guys herehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/mcfanclub/
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G.. View Post
    Nope, no adapters or any other out of date parts were ever remade. The only parts we made were the 29er Rumble dropout replacements. And as a heads up, you can always cross reference parts with the list we've built here: Mountain Cycle Spare Parts or ask the guys herehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/mcfanclub/
    Then you had some leftovers and were selling them?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    So G? How will this list be a help to anyone if the parts are not for sale? It seems like by now the chance of them being put up for sale is like slim and none.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT